Realistic Summer Targets 2009

Kasper

The Mirror has Fulham chasing Bristol City full-back Bradley Orr and willing to shell out £1m for him. Orr is a highly-rated prospect and has proven himself to be smart too - he apparently turned down a move to Newcastle in January.

NUFC is the major importer of scouse footballers outsider of Merseyside, however it would be ironic if we were trying to buy a scouser who came through our youth system, who we then let go. Then again it is the Daily Mirror with this story & they have policy of link every player with a club & your going to get some right eventually.

DOH!  Looks like we really do want him back!

Published Date: 03 June 2009

NEWCASTLE UNITED have emerged as the new favourites in the bid to sign transfer-listed Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford.

Beckford is understood to be high up on a wish-list of summer transfer targets being drawn up by the Magpies - although they have yet to firm up their interest.

The sense of limbo, both in terms of the ownership and mangerial situation at the club, means that incomings transfers are currently on hold on Tyneside.

But Beckford is thought to be prepared to wait for the Geordies to firm up their interest before committing himself to a transfer elsewhere - providing Leeds accept any bid for him in the first place.

Middlesbrough, Coventry and Sheffield United are also interested in the free-scoring 25-year-old, but Leeds have yet to receive a concrete offer.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hughes looking at Hart loan

"Joe is frustrated and obviously wants to play. We will look at his situation in the coming weeks and it might be to both Joe's and the club's benefit if he did go out on loan.

"He'd be playing on a regular basis and, given his ability, he would no doubt improve his standing in the game and help his development."

Worth a punt?

"Joe is frustrated and obviously wants to play. We will look at his situation in the coming weeks and it might be to both Joe's and the club's benefit if he did go out on loan.

"He'd be playing on a regular basis and, given his ability, he would no doubt improve his standing in the game and help his development."

Worth a punt?

Why bother? Just give Krul or Forster a go if we're looking for a youngster.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Worth a punt?

Why bother? Just give Krul or Forster a go if we're looking for a youngster.

I agree, especially in Kruls case!

Theres a few reports that Huddlestone will be on his bike if Spuds get Arteta I would like to see him in the middle of the park alongside a box to box

To back this up a little, my mate who's a Man Utd season ticket holder has just told me that they'd been approached by a North East club with the view to taking Gibson on loan for a year. He's going to try and find out which club it was. Very positive news if it's us!

Regarding Gibson, he said he'd be sad to see him go as he felt he could make it at Man Utd. He also said Simpson would do a job for us but isn't on the same level as Gibson and it isn't a surprise that he's on his way out.

To back this up a little, my mate who's a Man Utd season ticket holder has just told me that they'd been approached by a North East club with the view to taking Gibson on loan for a year. He's going to try and find out which club it was. Very positive news if it's us!

Regarding Gibson, he said he'd be sad to see him go as he felt he could make it at Man Utd. He also said Simpson would do a job for us but isn't on the same level as Gibson and it isn't a surprise that he's on his way out.

Oh man ...

Hope it's not Boro.

He's replied. Gibson and his representatives have been in discussions with two North East teams. Anyone reckon it's feasible we're one of them?

He's replied. Gibson and his representatives have been in discussions with two North East teams. Anyone reckon it's feasible we're one of them?

Sunderland will almost certainly be one of them.

Sunderland have enough money to go and get a more proven player.

I bet it's come down to both ourselves and Boro.

We seriously have to sort out this thing with Shearer pronto.

Bassong/Taylor/Beye in defence, Gibson/Guthrie in midfield, leaving just a mobile striker up front (Beckford?). That would be an extremely strong spine for the Championship if we could somehow make these signings/keep these players. And it's been proven time and time again how a strong spine is the key to success - would actually start to believe that we really could bounce straight back up with that core.

Here's hoping, although right now I would be amazed if Ashley/Llambias & Co were actually doing anything other than continuing to be right incompetent prats.