RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From reading the forum I was expecting the link to be ebay or something, rather then a very ordinary club statement ???  I'm glad they've confirmed the price they want officially, unlike last time.

Has any other club sold recently put a page up on their official website confirming the asking price? Genuine question, because I don't know that they have. It just seems laughably desperate to me. The email address is just the icing on the cake. :lol:

In any case, aren't they supposedly paying Keith Harris to find a buyer?

It was probably his idea. :)

Guest gggg

From reading the forum I was expecting the link to be ebay or something, rather then a very ordinary club statement ???  What a drama over absolutely nowt :lol:

Name another club who has made one of these 'very ordinary' statements.

From reading the forum I was expecting the link to be ebay or something, rather then a very ordinary club statement ???  I'm glad they've confirmed the price they want officially, unlike last time.

Has any other club sold recently put a page up on their official website confirming the asking price? Genuine question, because I don't know that they have. It just seems laughably desperate to me. The email address is just the icing on the cake. :lol:

I'm in the wrong business. :lol:

Freeads next. :nods:

From reading the forum I was expecting the link to be ebay or something, rather then a very ordinary club statement ???  What a drama over absolutely nowt :lol:

Do you usually look around on the official web sites of every Football club on the planet like because I certainly don't.

Holy f***ing s***.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1687615,00.html

NUFC Statement

The Board of Newcastle United can today confirm that the Club is for sale at the price of £100m.

Interested parties should contact Newcastle United at [email protected] (or Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce) for further details.

The Club will not be making any further comment at the present time.

:mackems:

Years of planning and millions of pounds for Ashley to set up the greatest RickRoll ever?

Do you usually look around on the official web sites of every Football club on the planet like because I certainly don't.

Teasy please tell me you don't think this statement is a good idea and doesn't make the club look like even more of a laughing stock amongst fans ??? It's not an ordinary statement it's a joke statement.

Contact them, see if they'll pay you for an ad on here. :lol:

I just think let them get on with selling it however they want tbh. 

I'm guessing Keith Harris was involved in the statement on the website & I'm guessing he's been involved in corporate disposals before. 

I wonder if they have spent time fielding pointless phonecalls already similar to that story that was in the press about Portsmouth yesterday & have set the email up to combat that?

Has any other club sold recently put a page up on their official website confirming the asking price? Genuine question, because I don't know that they have. It just seems laughably desperate to me. The email address is just the icing on the cake, they're practically begging. :lol:

Considering this same info is in just about every national news paper and on the biggest Sports news channel in the country I really doubt they thought "I know loads and loads of random billionaires visit NUFC.co.uk, we're missing a trick here".  Its an official statement, probably primarily for fans.  Whoever has put it on the site has worded the last line poorly so I suppose it deserves a bit of mickey taking :lol:  But I wouldn't actually draw conclusions about the status of the sale from it.

Has any other club sold recently put a page up on their official website confirming the asking price? Genuine question, because I don't know that they have. It just seems laughably desperate to me. The email address is just the icing on the cake, they're practically begging. :lol:

Considering this same info is in just about every national news paper and on the biggest Sports news channel in the country I really doubt they thought "I know loads and loads of random billionaires visit NUFC.co.uk, we're missing a trick here".  Its just an official confirmation, probably meant primarily for fans.  I admit that whoever has put it on the site has worded the last line poorly, it deserves a bit of mickey taking.  But to actually draw conclusions about the status of the sale from it is quite silly IMO.

And for those exact reasons it didn't need putting on the website with out sort of stupid email.

I'm guessing Keith Harris was involved in the statement on the website & I'm guessing he's been involved in corporate disposals before. 

I wonder if they have spent time fielding pointless phonecalls already similar to that story that was in the press about Portsmouth yesterday & have set the email up to combat that?

Sounds like a plan. :lol:

Just looks incredibly desperate and pathetic to me. All these other clubs seem to be able to find interested parties without resorting to putting up pages on their websites. The price tag was widely reported previously and I find it impossible to believe anyone seriously interested would find it difficult to contact them without an anonymous email address being set up.

If it works it works, and the quicker the better. The bigger point however is that this suggests to me nobody at all wants to buy.

The longer it takes the more i start to think the £100m doesn't include Ashley writing off the debt which means nobody will touch us with a barge pole as the club will then be costing closer to £200m than £100m

Just looks incredibly desperate and pathetic to me. All these other clubs seem to be able to find interested parties without resorting to putting up pages on their websites. The price tag was widely reported previously and I find it impossible to believe anyone seriously interested would find it difficult to contact them without an anonymous email address being set up.

If it works it works, and the quicker the better. The bigger point however is that this suggests to me nobody at all wants to buy.

But if that is the case what should they do?

Guest Micktoon

Just seen that on the clubs site. I thought people were joking. Jesus how low, if it wasn't so fucking sick it would be funny.

Someone really needs to post that email link on the RTG site. The dumb fukers deserve all the stupid and funny abuse they can dish at them for that.

On another note, i reckon the forum should send them up ourselves, fake sheik etc...

He should have done what other teams have done. Kept putting his hand in his pocket and put a manager in place and kept on going until a buyer could be found. It's what West Ham did, it's Portsmouth did. You don't just stop all business and wait and see that's the stupidest thing in the world to do.

Lower the price or knuckle down themselves and get us back in the Premier League ASAP.

Lower the price or knuckle down themselves and get us back in the Premier League ASAP.

Can you imagine if he took it back off the market man? :lol:

They don't have to, they can still run the club, chances are they could get more money.

All the more reason to quietly try and find a buyer without coming out with his emo ramblings to the Sunday newspapers. :)

He should have done what other teams have done. Kept putting his hand in his pocket and put a manager in place and kept on going until a buyer could be found. It's what West Ham did, it's Portsmouth did. You don't just stop all business and wait and see that's the stupidest thing in the world to do.

It's been on the market less than a week though, I'd have been amazed if it was sold that quickly.

A lot of what people on here are saying is pure speculation, from the stuff about the advertised asking price being a lie to the threat of administration.

He clearly wants to sell it, people clearly want him gone, so I can't see the problem.

He clearly wants to sell it, people clearly want him gone, so I can't see the problem.

You said it yourself you'd be amazed if he sold it quickly. So why is he sitting round doing noubt with the club. He has to hire a manager, he has to start selling and buying players. The club has to continue as normal.