RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Perhaps a deal is agreed in principle and the new owners have instructed Ashley (with the blessing of Shearer) that he might as well accept offers for those players now in case interest drops.

:dontknow:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6633397.ece

July 4, 2009

Newcastle told to sell Martins and Coloccini

George Caulkin

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, has been urged to accept offers for Obafemi Martins, the forward, and Fabricio Coloccini, the defender, to smooth the sale of the club.

Coloccini has been linked with Atlético Madrid, Zaragoza and Seville, and an injection of capital would reduce Newcastle’s overdraft at a critical time. The policy is being recommended by Seymour Pierce, the investment bank handling the sale. Alan Shearer, who hopes to be appointed Newcastle’s permanent manager, was not intending to rebuild his team around either player.

Is this a worry or nothing?

Urged by who?

Tbh I missed it first time, too.

Ah hah. But it's bullshit, no? What 'injection of capital' would be provided by flogging either or both of these players considering the money is received in installments anyway?

Perhaps a deal is agreed in principle and the new owners have instructed Ashley (with the blessing of Shearer) that he might as well accept offers for those players now in case interest drops.

:dontknow:

Cannot umagine Al would want that cunt doing any deals for him, its pure speculation IMO.

July 4, 2009

George Caulkin

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, has been urged to accept offers for Obafemi Martins, the forward, and Fabricio Coloccini, the defender, to smooth the sale of the club.

Coloccini has been linked with Atlético Madrid, Zaragoza and Seville, and an injection of capital would reduce Newcastle’s overdraft at a critical time. The policy is being recommended by Seymour Pierce, the investment bank handling the sale. Alan Shearer, who hopes to be appointed Newcastle’s permanent manager, was not intending to rebuild his team around either player.

Urged by who?

Ah hah. But it's bullshit, no? What 'injection of capital' would be provided by flogging either or both of these players considering the money is received in installments anyway?

I don't know. It's a curious article, truth be told.

Like I say above, perhaps the new buyer has said they're happy to bid £Xm but only if the likes of Martins and Coloccini are already off the books - ie not their problem.

July 4, 2009

George Caulkin

Coloccini has been linked with Atlético Madrid, Zaragoza and Seville, and an injection of capital would reduce Newcastles overdraft at a critical time. The policy is being recommended by Seymour Pierce, the investment bank handling the sale. Alan Shearer, who hopes to be appointed Newcastles permanent manager, was not intending to rebuild his team around either player.

Urged by who?

Like I say above, perhaps the new buyer has said they're happy to bid £Xm but only if the likes of Martins and Coloccini are already off the books - ie not their problem.

Surely they'd choose more/other players and not just those two? Surely the likes of Duff, Nolan, Xisco, Ameobi and Barton would concern them as well?

July 4, 2009

George Caulkin

Coloccini has been linked with Atlético Madrid, Zaragoza and Seville, and an injection of capital would reduce Newcastles overdraft at a critical time. The policy is being recommended by Seymour Pierce, the investment bank handling the sale. Alan Shearer, who hopes to be appointed Newcastles permanent manager, was not intending to rebuild his team around either player.

Urged by who?

Surely they'd choose more/other players and not just those two? Surely the likes of Duff, Nolan, Xisco, Ameobi and Barton would concern them as well?

got to be players others would maybe want

Maybe the new owners have asked Ashley to "get deals started" for those two, as in if there's a deal in the middle of being arranged as the club changes hands then that'll do?

July 4, 2009

George Caulkin

Urged by who?

Might not be decent offers on the table for those players. And it wouldn't be a surprise.

Bassong apart, Martins and Coloccini are probably our most sellable assets (for reasonable money).

Reckon its paper speculation just adding some more random shit to make it look like they know what they are talking about.

Most of this thread is about paper speculation tbf, including a deal being close.

Reckon what madras said on the last page might be true: we might hear some leaks re: news on Sunday afternoon for a deal being sorted Mon/Tues.

Hope so, anyway.

i wish people would stop agreeing with me.

it doesn't feel right.

At this stage I'm still hoping for Shearer being in charge before we play our first friendly next Saturday. Probably overly ambitious.

Hughton doing basic fitness after the summer with the players is fine but there's absolutely no point in playing matches without a manager in place starting initial work on systems and ideas.

At this stage I'm still hoping for Shearer being in charge before we play our first friendly next Saturday. Probably overly ambitious.

Hughton doing basic fitness after the summer with the players is fine but there's absolutely no point in playing matches without a manager in place starting initial work on systems and ideas.

tbf the first 3 or 4 games have little of that. they are just trying to clear the cobwebs out.

July 4, 2009

George Caulkin

Urged by who?

Looks like press doublespeak to me, ie. they're making something up out of nothing. If a bidding consortium are concerned about wages or deadwood surely they would just deal with it when they took over. Asking the people in charge of the sale (Seymour Price) to tell the current owner it's a stumbling block to deal with doesn't seem to make much sense. It coult take weeks to shift either player!

Any way you look at it, even if Shearer has spoken with potential new owners and said he's willing to dump them, it's not a deal breaking impasse.

Well Al will want shot of Colo that was clear durring Al's 8 games, but how on earth can Ashley selling any player help sell the club? crazy shit that like.

Not true. It could mean Al saw he wasn't up to the current task due to confidence or whatever, not that it meant he had no future. (Though he probably doesn't, he'll have to go somewhere else for that in all likliehood.)

Comic alert.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2516270/Revealed-Man-who-wants-Toon.html

Revealed: Man who wants Toon

By CARL LONG

Published: 04 Jul 2009

A RECLUSIVE Malaysian billionaire has jumped to the head of the queue to buy Newcastle.

Media mogul Ananda Krishnan is closing in on a deal to end Mike Ashley's nightmare two-year Toon reign - and hopes to make an announcement early next week.

The £95million deal for the club represents loose change to the 71-year-old, who is South East Asia's third-richest man worth £4.5billion.

Other consortia remain in the running to buy the crisis club.

But after making the first significant move in the drawn-out sale, Krishnan is the favourite to take control after meeting Ashley's drastically-reduced asking price - almost £40m less than the sportswear tycoon paid in 2007.

The owner-in-waiting is believed to favour Alan Shearer to be the club's manager.

Like Ashley, Krishnan has kept a low profile as he has built up a powerful business portfolio which includes major interests in oil, entertainment, telecoms and shipping.

Over the years, he has donated millions of pounds to charities and a source said: "Mr Krishnan shuns public exposure and likes to keep a low profile for someone of his stature."

Figures have yet to be confirmed but a significant kitty would be made available for Shearer to use in the transfer market.

Comic alert.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2516270/Revealed-Man-who-wants-Toon.html

Revealed: Man who wants Toon

By CARL LONG

Published: 04 Jul 2009

A RECLUSIVE Malaysian billionaire has jumped to the head of the queue to buy Newcastle.

Media mogul Ananda Krishnan is closing in on a deal to end Mike Ashley's nightmare two-year Toon reign - and hopes to make an announcement early next week.

The £95million deal for the club represents loose change to the 71-year-old, who is South East Asia's third-richest man worth £4.5billion.

Other consortia remain in the running to buy the crisis club.

But after making the first significant move in the drawn-out sale, Krishnan is the favourite to take control after meeting Ashley's drastically-reduced asking price - almost £40m less than the sportswear tycoon paid in 2007.

The owner-in-waiting is believed to favour Alan Shearer to be the club's manager.

Like Ashley, Krishnan has kept a low profile as he has built up a powerful business portfolio which includes major interests in oil, entertainment, telecoms and shipping.

Over the years, he has donated millions of pounds to charities and a source said: "Mr Krishnan shuns public exposure and likes to keep a low profile for someone of his stature."

Figures have yet to be confirmed but a significant kitty would be made available for Shearer to use in the transfer market.

Lifted off .com who have renounced their earlier claim.