RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All the reports of these supposed bids are saying that none of he prospective new owners have matched the asking price. They all seem to think that the bids are around £80 million. Can anyone see Ashley really selling for this taking in to account the loss he will make.

If he's as desperate to fuck off as he claims then he has no choice. If they're all bidding £60m-£80m, I can't see someone suddenly coming in with the full £100m. It's like selling anything, you put an asking price above what you'd actually be happy with.

All the reports of these supposed bids are saying that none of he prospective new owners have matched the asking price. They all seem to think that the bids are around £80 million. Can anyone see Ashley really selling for this taking in to account the loss he will make.

If he's as desperate to fuck off as he claims then he has no choice. If they're all bidding £60m-£80m, I can't see someone suddenly coming in with the full £100m. It's like selling anything, you put an asking price above what you'd actually be happy with.

Yeah, as much as Ashley is a bit of a fuckwitt, it's obvious that you offer something at a higher price than you'd like. That's from the baby school of business, it's basic as you can get. I personally reckon an £80m offer he'd take right now just to get out.

Krishnan could be part of a consortium now that would be great if we had four filthy rich members of a consortium. The Malaysian thing brought out the 2 storys one was Krishnan was a bidder and the other that there was a kuala lumpur consortium after us, so what it both have some truth and the buyers are one in the same?

Am I allowed to say.... FKN STREAMTASTIC? :lol:

Measat surges amid merger, buyout talk

Business Times - Malaysia - ‎Jun 9, 2009‎

Measat Global Bhd, the Malaysian satellite operator controlled by billionaire T. Ananda Krishnan, surged in Kuala Lumpur trading amid continuing speculation he may be planning a merger for the unit.Ananda also controls Astro All Asia Networks Plc, the Malaysian pay-television operator, and mobile-phone operator Maxis Communications Bhd.

If we get someone who's mega-rich I hope they're sensible and don't go down the pathetic and completely soulless Man City/Chelsea route. As long as they're not Ashley, I'll be happy enough. :-X

If we get someone who's mega-rich I hope they're sensible and don't go down the pathetic and completely soulless Man City/Chelsea route. As long as they're not Ashley, I'll be happy enough. :-X

as long as they dont go the QPR route either, which wont get us promoted quick enough.

as long as they dont go the QPR route either, which wont get us promoted quick enough.

Well yeah, I just mean I'll be satisfied with us punching our weight and building a good team instead of just cherry-picking one. I know I'm in a minority here of course.

Here is some interesting info Ananda Krishnan's company built the twin towers but he has since sold his shares of 49% of that company,  he also owns 91% of Measat Broadcast Network Systems/ASTRO (Microsoft bought a 9% stake in Astro) Astro broadcats the STAR SPORTS TV channel :D

He aiso........

holds a 42.7 % stake in London International Exhibition Centre Holdings , the company that Country Heights originally invested in to develop the London Docklands area in the UK at a cost of STG250 million...

his `black gold' business, from which he made his first million, seems to be blazing its own trail. In 2001, two little- known companies controlled by him - Zodan and Zudavi - were among six foreign companies awarded oil & gas exploration rights in Indonesia.

almost wholly owned Binariang Satellites Systems Sdn Bhd recently effected a reverse takeover of Malaysian Tobacco Company Bhd in mid-2002 but has  yet to be requoted or to free-float the required 25% of its shares to the public. The company is set to build and launch its third geo- stationary satellite, Measat 3, in 2006 at a cost of between RM760 million and RM950 million.

He also owes oil & gas companies, this bloke has so many fingers in so many pies he aint got enough hands.

:lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ananda Krishnan reportedly in bid to buy Newcastle United

KUALA LUMPUR, July 4 — Billionaire Malaysian media mogul Ananda Krishnan is the man reportedly behind an £80 million (RM460.6 million) bid to buy English football club Newcastle United, according to The Sun newspaper in the United Kingdom.

The Sun reported that Ananda, who controls Maxis Communications, gaming group Tanjong plc, Measat and Astro, is closing in on the deal to end Mike Ashley’s nightmare two-year “Toon” reign.

An official announcement on the deal is expected next week.

The British tabloid said the deal represents loose change to the 71-year-old, who is Southeast Asia’s third richest man reportedly worth £4.5 billion. But as the deal has not been sealed, other consortia remain in the running to buy the crisis-hit club.

The Sun said that Ananda is the favourite. All major newspapers in the UK reported this morning that a Malaysian consortium had submitted an £80m bid to Ashley for control of Newcastle United yesterday. The Malaysians were shown round St James’ Park on Thursday.

Another consortium, from the United States, had been regarded as the favourite but when the Malaysians flew to London with Newcastle’s Managing Director Derek Llambias, that perception changed.

Ashley reportedly wants £100 million for the club but is expected to accept the lower offer.

Newcastle United will play its football in the Coca Cola Championship next season after being relegated from the English Premier League.

Former club captain and England legend Alan Shearer took over as interim manager in April but failed to steer the club from the drop. Ananda is said to favour the Shearer’s permanent appointment as manager.

The Malaysian tycoon was also reported to be ready to provide funds for the club’s transfer kitty in its bid to quickly rebound back to top-flight football.

http://themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/sports/31377-ananda-krishnan-reportedly-in-bid-to-buy-newcastle-united

Whatever you do, don't change your avatar to a picture of him ffs Skirge, you have a shit track record.

One of Ashley, he turned out to be a bellend

One of Anil Ambanni or whatever, bid never materialised

Alright? :lol:

Whatever you do, don't change your avatar to a picture of him ffs Skirge, you have a s*** track record.

One of Ashley, he turned out to be a bellend

One of Anil Ambanni or whatever, bid never materialised

Alright? :lol:

You got it mate Yoda forever, once he buys us I will only change the text :D

Is that font point size only available to people under 5'7?   :lol:

Seriously though I hate Man city and Chelsea set-ups, totally vulgar.

I'd like to have a mega rich owner sure but to only splash the cash if it will seriously improve the side

I like how you italiced the "don't", as if anyone would see it :lol:

Guest pont-toon

I wasn't even aware that Airasia had been linked.  When I saw that I thought the whole Malaysian link was being played down.  Apparently not....

just a matter of time, its too good to be true unfortunately

still theres always good old fat freddy :(

Guest Wally_McFool

still theres always good old fat freddy :(

So our options are

1/... Malaysian Consortium

2/... American Consortium

3/... Any other Confuckinsortium

4/... Fat Freds Cronie-osortium

5/... Ashley staying and reappointing JFK

If its Number 5,  I'm watching non league footy next season. :D

Well yeah, I just mean I'll be satisfied with us punching our weight and building a good team instead of just cherry-picking one. I know I'm in a minority here of course.

I've thought about it, and the vulgar, totally over the top instant success is exactly what I want to be honest.  I don't think it feels any better when you do it 'the right way'.