RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Locked  Today at 06:37:51 PM  Jonny Hall  Global Moderator  xx.xxx.xxx.xx

topic: Club sale latest: Malaysian group in £80m+ bid?

???

Aww shit, I'd hoped that hadn't actually happened :lol:

Rearrange these words: screen iPhone small large fingers  :blush:

Locked  Today at 06:37:51 PM  Jonny Hall  Global Moderator  xx.xxx.xxx.xx

topic: Club sale latest: Malaysian group in £80m+ bid?

???

Aww s***, I'd hoped that hadn't actually happened :lol:

Rearrange these words: screen iPhone small large fingers  :blush:

Right rearranged them I get ... poor fucking excuse ... is that right?

:D

Shearer still waiting as Newcastle prepare for life in the Championship

By Bob Cass Last updated at 8:09 PM on 04th July 2009

Alan Shearer is still in the dark about his future at Newcastle United, a week after the players returned to training to prepare for their kick-off in the Championship.

Shearer decided to stay in the North-East this weekend rather than take up his invitation to join Sir Bobby Robson at his charity golf tournament in Portugal, in a bid to find out if his wish to be appointed manager on a permanent basis will be fulfilled.

The future of the club is still to be resolved, with new interest from Malaysia, thought to involve media mogul Ananda Krishnan, threatening to jeopardise Freddy Shepherd's hopes of returning as Newcastle chairman.

Krishnan, who is worth £4.5billion, is believed to be in favour of Shearer staying at St James' Park.

Although the Shepherd faction believe they are close to doing business with United's owner Mike Ashley, they are aware the Malaysian contingent made a visit to Tyneside last week to look over the club's training facilities and St James' Park.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1197514/Shearer-waiting-Newcastle-prepare-life-Championship.html

Can just imagine changing the end of the Scorpio episode:

"Here is my thankyou to you, one step towards your dream. It's not Barcelona FC, but it's a start."

"Aww! Newcastle United!"

"Well Homer, I think owning Newcastle United is pretty good..."

"You just don't understand about football, Marge"

*shot of Alan Smith and Shola Ameobi running into each other for the same ball and sparking out*

Can just imagine changing the end of the Scorpio episode:

"Here is my thankyou to you, one step towards your dream. It's not Barcelona FC, but it's a start."

"Aww! Newcastle United!"

"Well Homer, I think owning Newcastle United is pretty good..."

"You just don't understand about football, Marge"

*shot of Alan Smith and Shola Ameobi running into each other for the same ball and sparking out*

:lol:

There'll not be any news tonight that's for sure.

David Craig is in Scotland covering the Scottish Masters.

There'll not be any news tonight that's for sure.

David Craig is in Scotland covering the Scottish Masters.

Sunday night imo we'll hear something. When we're all sitting at home with a bag of peas on our aching limbs and with a hot drink at our elbows, that's when we'll hear. :snod:

Guest pont-toon

the morras sunday rags will no doubt have loads of made up stuff in them re the takeover

the mirror will probably run with an exclusive fat freds bid

expect some scoop from the NOW basically paraphrasing Mr Khrishnan wiki profile

gonna go with the People to favour the yanks and the Star to go with a middle east bid as favourite to win

check out my scattergun approach - i'm as bad as the hacks !!

To be honest, they couldn't run into each other - no matter how much they tried to .  Shola would be standing in a offside position looking bored and Smith would just be running arround in circles fifty yards away looking for someone to kick.

Latest from the news of the screws

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/391177/SHEARER-DOUBLE-SWOOP.html

ALAN SHEARER has this week made his first move as Newcastle's manager-in-waiting by lining up a double swoop for strikers Ched Evans and Fraizer Campbell.

Shearer is likely to be installed by the end of the week as the search for a new owner at St James' Park nears completion.

The former England skipper is favoured by all three groups bidding for control and has begun working behind the scenes to assemble a squad to get straight back into the Premier League.

Available

The list of 10 names that was distributed throughout Europe for players available for transfer was compiled with his blessing.

Key figures Sebastien Bassong, Habib Beye and Steven Taylor were NOT on it, despite concerted efforts to unsettle the trio.

And Shearer has upped the ante this week with a double swoop for the strikers who will replace Michael Owen, Mark Viduka and Oba Martins.

Campbell's proposed move to Hull has been on hold for three weeks while a row over money has rumbled on with Manchester United.

Competition

That has given Shearer the chance to ask about the striker, 21. His interest was not discouraged, despite competition from Sunderland boss Steve Bruce.

Similarly, he has set the wheels in motion to land Manchester City forward Evans.

The 20-year-old struggled for opportunities at Eastlands last season but bagged 10 goals in 20 starts during a loan spell at Norwich and Shearer wants that kind of physical presence in his front line. He believes he could land the pair for less than £10million.

However, Shearer's annoyance at the length of time it is taking to sort out the club ownership is rising and he has been forced to ask his targets to wait.

Takeover

Keith Harris, the man brokering the sale to end Mike Ashley's disastrous two years in charge, was hopeful a takeover was on the brink of conclusion on Thursday. However, problems over the level of the club's overdraft stalled a deal late on Friday evening.

To speed up the process, Martins and Fabricio Coloccini are set to be sold this week French giants Lyon have lined up Martins as a direct replacement for Karim Benzema, who moved to Real Madrid for £35m. Bundesliga champions VfL Wolfsburg are also interested.

Coloccini, who cost Newcastle a staggering £11m last summer when he arrived from Deportivo la Coruna, is the subject of a £4m bid from Galatasaray.

An American consortium, shown around St James' Park and the club's training facilities on Monday remain in pole position to assume control at Newcastle.

But a Malaysian group, who were in Toon on Thursday, have matched the £80m asking price.

This is ludicrous if true, we shouldnt sell Martins until we have at least 2 new strikers, 1 for Owen, 1 for Viduka and then a 3rd for Martins himself. If we struggle to make signings as we inevitably will, who the fuck will start against West Brom? Carroll and Ameobi? :kasper:

Lyon will have a fair bit of cash off Benzema so I could see someone like those paying pretty good money for Martins.

still theres always good old fat freddy :(

So our options are

1/... Malaysian Consortium

2/... American Consortium

3/... Any other Confuckinsortium

4/... Fat Freds Cronie-osortium

5/... Ashley staying and reappointing JFK

If its Number 5,  I'm watching non league footy next season. :D

if its 5 we could well be a non league club in 3 years!!

Guest nwgeordie

Sky Sports News from USA  - one hour of sports news but nothing about Newcastle United, News about Owen, Southampton, Terry, Tevers, Tennis, Cricket and Rugby. We don't rate. Can't wait until we get a new owner and then command some news.

Guest nwgeordie

Why doesn't Ashley make a daily announcement as to what has been achieved in a twenty four hour period?