RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

To be fair, beyond a few chants and someone flinging a pair of boxers at Llambais, the fans haven't done much since relegation. Man Utd were disrupting race meetings and blocking roads off when Glazier was buying them. It didn't work, but it got peoples attention.

I agree the fansw in action too is not really helping. We've got to do something at the moment we are just bent over Ashley's knee and saying "please sir can I have another ?" as he whips our arses with a cane.

LOL I was just thinking the footballing world and particularly the media had forgotten us :facepalm:

No amount of prancing round like idiots on SSN will help us, unless the further humiliation of NUFC fans is classed as helping.

To be fair, beyond a few chants and someone flinging a pair of boxers at Llambais, the fans haven't done much since relegation. Man Utd were disrupting race meetings and blocking roads off when Glazier was buying them. It didn't work, but it got peoples attention.

I agree the fansw in action too is not really helping. We've got to do something at the moment we are just bent over Ashley's knee and saying "please sir can I have another ?" as he whips our arses with a cane.

LOL I was just thinking the footballing world and particularly the media had forgotten us :facepalm:

No amount of prancing round like idiots on SSN will help us, unless the further humiliation of NUFC fans is classed as helping.

There are other ways to protest than just making "Cockney Mafia" banners and hiring single brain celled bafoons to hop up and down outside SJP, you know.

Currently we, the fans are doing bugger all, we may not be able to effect anything but one thing is certain, sitting around and doing nowt will not make things happen any quicker.

Guest fading star

Here’s a theory.  Mr Ashley is waiting for Keegan’s constructive dismissal case to be resolved. Assuming Keegan wins, Mr Ashley will then shut the club down and imply Keegan killed NUFC.

Why would he do this? Because without substantial investment the club is almost certainty going to go bust before the season is out. If Ashley doesn’t sell clawing back as much money as possible before everything goes tits up would surely be his plan. He won’t get much but not much is all that‘s on offer.

Does he take £50m now from a consortium, or claw back £35m and kill the club? Would he think getting even would be good value at £15m? I’m making the figures up obviously, but the basic point stands. What price revenge?

Guest Roger Kint

There are other ways to protest than just making "Cockney Mafia" banners and hiring single brain celled bafoons to hop up and down outside SJP, you know.

Currently we, the fans are doing bugger all, we may not be able to effect anything but one thing is certain, sitting around and doing nowt will not make things happen any quicker.

So come on then. Tell us what to do?

Guest Roger Kint

Here’s a theory.  Mr Ashley is waiting for Keegan’s constructive dismissal case to be resolved. Assuming Keegan wins, Mr Ashley will then shut the club down and imply Keegan killed NUFC.

Why would he do this? Because without substantial investment the club is almost certainty going to go bust before the season is out. If Ashley doesn’t sell clawing back as much money as possible before everything goes tits up would surely be his plan. He won’t get much but not much is all that‘s on offer.

Does he take £50m now from a consortium, or claw back £35m and kill the club? Would he think getting even would be good value at £15m? I’m making the figures up obviously, but the basic point stands. What price revenge?

I am staggered to understand how anyone can think this, I hate Ashley as much as anyone but FFS get a grip :facepalm:

The most powerful thing we could do would be to fill the ground against Reading, live on TV, make a hell of a racket and leave en masse at HT.

Would never work though as I doubt we'd get enough people in to start with.

I am staggered to understand how anyone can think this, I hate Ashley as much as anyone but FFS get a grip :facepalm:

I don't know how many times on this board I am going to have to repeat the bleedin' obvious.

REVENGE (at any cost) is exactly what he is after, and it is exactly what he will get.

Simply, he's "lost it".

Guest Roger Kint

I don't know how many times on this board I am going to have to repeat the bleedin' obvious.

REVENGE (at any cost) is exactly what he is after, and it is exactly what he will get.

Simply, he's "lost it".

Yeah ok :idiot2:

Simply, he's "lost it".

and "yeah ok" to you too!  Get back to me in a few months. 

Guest Roger Kint

Simply, he's "lost it".

Why? So you can claim your prize? Congratulations on wanting to bask in that glory should it happen, it makes you sound pathetic but hey if thats what raises you flag then i pity you.

What if the NUSC and other supporters all created a sign for each person that when held together spelled out

SELL THE CLUB MIKE, YOUR TIME IS UP.

YOUR TIME IS UP ASHLEY

SELL UP MIKE

LLAMBAS IS A C*OCK

F*CK YOU MIKE

Too much money...i know.

Guest BooBoo

I wonder what would happen if Houghton, Calderwood and co think "feck this, we're off". Then what?

Whilst they're clearly hopeless as a management team, my respect for them grows by the day for putting up with this ridiculous situation in which they have little or no chance of success.

Guest fading star

The most powerful thing we could do would be to fill the ground against Reading, live on TV, make a hell of a racket and leave en masse at HT.

Would never work though as I doubt we'd get enough people in to start with.

That’s a good idea. There might be better ones or there might not, none of them will make a difference unless it’s properly organised. I’d love to see NUSC, the fanzines, the forums and the Chronicle back some sort of protest against Reading. It probably wouldn’t see him sell up at a realistic price, but it would show him up for what he is in front of a watching nation.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Simply, he's "lost it".

Why? So you can claim your prize? Congratulations on wanting to bask in that glory should it happen, it makes you sound pathetic but hey if thats what raises you flag then i pity you.

Please tell me what it is that I have said ("in stating the obvious") that makes you decide to manufacture the drivel that you have just spouted about me?

As a lifelong supporter of my club since 1967/1968, I know when it is being abused.

I know it IS now being abused.

All Ashley wants (or cares about) is revenge on us for shattering his "big man / helping the poor norveners / playing with owning a football club" DREAMS.

YOU?  Just keep manunfacturing your drivel about anyone who does not share whatever cosy fantasies about life that you have.

Go on, off you go.

(Meanwhile, our owner continues to laugh at us and to ruin the thing he KNOWS we hold most dear to our hearts)

Guest BooBoo

FFS, it's not revenge and it's fantasy to believe that it is. Its simply clawing back as much money as he can. He's a businessman and his decisions will be ruled by money rather than any petty motive for revenge.

If there's no bids on the table that he likes the look of, he's not going to sell just to appease the fans. He'll wait until the right bid comes along, the problem being he'll be waiting a while.

Explain to me the reasons behind the decisions that a so-called successful businessman has taken with regards to the club, and then tell me why it's implausible?

Guest Roger Kint

Simply, he's "lost it".

Please tell me what it is that I have said ("in stating the obvious") that makes you decide to manufacture the drivel that you have just spouted about me?

As a lifelong supporter of my club since 1967/1968, I know when it is being abused.

I know it IS now being abused.

All Ashley wants (or cares about) is revenge on us for shattering his "big man / helping the poor norveners / playing with owning a football club" DREAMS.

YOU?  Just keep manunfacturing your drivel about anyone who does not share whatever cosy fantasies about life that you have.

Go on, off you go.

(Meanwhile, our owner continues to laugh at us and to ruin the thing he KNOWS we hold most dear to our hearts)

You proudly state 'get back to me in a few months' clearly its touched a nerve because the default 'oooooh look at me, 'kin diehard man' routine is trawled out. Spouting no drivel, just the tone of your post.

If this hasn't been resolved by mid-August at the very latest, the worst case scenario has to be for Ashley to appoint Shearer full-time, telling him that there'll be no in's or out's until the takeover is complete. If we're not sold mid-August, then it doesn't make an awful lot of difference whether we're sold mid-August or mid-November...the pre-season and transfer window would have already been f*cked.

At least if the club's not sold in time and Shearer's appointed, he knows what he's working with.

Guest fading star

I wonder what would happen if Houghton, Calderwood and co think "feck this, we're off". Then what?

Whilst they're clearly hopeless as a management team, my respect for them grows by the day for putting up with this ridiculous situation in which they have little or no chance of success.

I wish they would. Hughton has been propping up Ashley’s incompetence for far too long. Buying him time to play his stupid games. If he was a man of principle he’d walk away on the grounds that this is no way to treat a football club.  

Guest Roger Kint

Explain to me the reasons behind the decisions that a so-called successful businessman has taken with regards to the club, and then tell me why it's implausible?

Well how can i speak for him? I havent even heard the bloke speak ffs. WWhatever he has done to us its almost comical that in a time his personal wealth is dwindling people think he is open to spunking £250m of whats left down the drain cos a few thousand football fans dont like him. But yeah lets run with the dea he is after revenge, that makes sense :idiot2:

If Ashley is out for revenge and really wants to run the club into the ground why hasn't he just boarded the whole thing up and told everyone to go home?  Default on the payments to overdraft and sink us right into administration?

Oh, I get it.  He's trying to be clever and devious about it.  So clever and devious about it in fact that people with no access to anyone in Ashleys inner circle or his accounts can play Poirot and piece it together on nothing more than daydream stories in the rags by hack journalists and paranoia fueled by their own discontent with the situation. 

Face it : the guy is a massive cunt but he's not Lex fucking Luthor here.  He had no idea how to run a football club, panicked at trouble, made bad decisions and wants out.  Wanting out it this instance is necessarily going to have collateral damage associated with it whether we like it or not (we don't).  That doesn't mean said damage is his prime motivator.  I'm not defending him or his actions - there is no defending them - but I really do not think he gives a flying fuck about trying to harm the fans at this point.

Guest fading star

FFS, it's not revenge and it's fantasy to believe that it is. Its simply clawing back as much money as he can. He's a businessman and his decisions will be ruled by money rather than any petty motive for revenge.

If there's no bids on the table that he likes the look of, he's not going to sell just to appease the fans. He'll wait until the right bid comes along, the problem being he'll be waiting a while.

Was he a businessman when he was hanging about with the away support? Or when he was loitering around night clubs in a replica kit?

If this hasn't been resolved by mid-August at the very latest, the worst case scenario has to be for Ashley to appoint Shearer full-time, telling him that there'll be no in's or out's until the takeover is complete. If we're not sold mid-August, then it doesn't make an awful lot of difference whether we're sold mid-August or mid-November...the pre-season and transfer window would have already been f*cked.

At least if the club's not sold in time and Shearer's appointed, he knows what he's working with.

There's no way on earth Shearer will touch this job if Ashley has asset stripped the playing staff. He'd be setting himself up as the fall guy. He wants the job, but he also wants a fighting chance at promotion. Not to see the final death throes of this football club.

Well how can i speak for him? I havent even heard the bloke speak ffs. WWhatever he has done to us its almost comical that in a time his personal wealth is dwindling people think he is open to spunking £250m of whats left down the drain cos a few thousand football fans dont like him. But yeah lets run with the dea he is after revenge, that makes sense :idiot2:

I can't really believe he's out for revenge, but then again it would explain a hell of a lot.

Only thing is, if he ruins the club the bill for his security for the rest of his life is going to be extortionate, and even then he probably won't be safe.

There's no way on earth Shearer will touch this job if Ashley has asset stripped the playing staff. He'd be setting himself up as the fall guy. He wants the job, but he also wants a fighting chance at promotion. Not to see the final death throes of this football club.

;)