RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest fading star

..what type of businessman likes to lose money and see a serious investment fail?

A gambling one

A poor one

Take your pick

A gambling/poor businessman likes to lose money eh?  Since when?

You don't buy into that conspiracy theory as well right?

What kind of man likes being spurned by 50,000 people? Ashley may have bought NUFC to make money but it soon became clear Mike wanted to be liked. Then he fell out with a man had earned the affection of the city. For all his money Ashley became disliked immensely. From Hero to Zero, it might be hard for a multi billionaire to accept that money can’t buy the things that matter most.

The idea Ashley is a robotic idiot who only thinks about money is naive. Billionaires have feelings too, odd ones that drive them to pursue profit long after the law of diminishing returns have kicked in.

Have you been sniffing glue?! :lol: Ashley isn't going to be motivated by revenge when it comes to something he owns, which is currently a drain on HIS money. f***ing hell man I know Ashley's being an idiot but have a word, if you think for one second that revenge is a factor then you're utterly deluded...

Yes, I thought everybody on here did.

Considering the underwhelming number of people latching onto your little consiprationally theory, evidently not.

I’d take that as evidence the practice is rife.

..what type of businessman likes to lose money and see a serious investment fail?

A gambling one

A poor one

Take your pick

A gambling/poor businessman likes to lose money eh?  Since when?

You don't buy into that conspiracy theory as well right?

What kind of man likes being spurned by 50,000 people? Ashley may have bought NUFC to make money but it soon became clear Mike wanted to be liked. Then he fell out with a man had earned the affection of the city. For all his money Ashley became disliked immensely. From Hero to Zero, it might be hard for a multi billionaire to accept that money can’t buy the things that matter most.

The idea Ashley is a robotic idiot who only thinks about money is naive. Billionaires have feelings too, odd ones that drive them to pursue profit long after the law of diminishing returns have kicked in.

Have you been sniffing glue?! :lol: Ashley isn't going to be motivated by revenge when it comes to something he owns, which is currently a drain on HIS money. f***ing hell man I know Ashley's being an idiot but have a word, if you think for one second that revenge is a factor then you're utterly deluded...

Yes, I thought everybody on here did.

Considering the underwhelming number of people latching onto your little consiprationally theory, evidently not.

I’d take that as evidence the practice is rife.

I'd prefer to take it as evidence that I trust my Firefox spell checker a little too much.

The mere suggestion of revenge being the motivation for any of this is simply absurd..

Some people on here are just way too paranoid.

Paranoid isn't the word, some of them are certifiable, honestly :lol:

FFS, it's not revenge and it's fantasy to believe that it is. Its simply clawing back as much money as he can. He's a businessman and his decisions will be ruled by money rather than any petty motive for revenge.

Stop talking so much sense, you'll confuse people.

Reply #6172 on: Today at 10:45:32 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: dcmk on Today at 08:06:14 PM

The mere suggestion of revenge being the motivation for any of this is simply absurd..

Paranoid isn't the word, some of them are certifiable, honestly

FFS, it's not revenge and it's fantasy to believe that it is. Its simply clawing back as much money as he can. He's a businessman and his decisions will be ruled by money rather than any petty motive for revenge.

A couple of points need to be made here.

(1) A "certain type" of point-of-view is always easy to make out to be a "common sense" point of view, and therefore easy to support.  These points of view usually include a rejection of anything outlandish or unusual.

- The fact that something sounds 'common sense' DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE!!!

- The fact that this 'common sense' point of view also scorns other less 'common sense sounding' views, as paranoid STILL DOES NOT MAKE THEM TRUE.

(2) A certain type of view expressed, usually one that refers to the 'excesses' that certain types of human being indulge in such as where they behave out of passion and anger rather than from cool business-like perspectives, are easy to "rubbish" as being paranoid, etc.  These points of view are normally expressed because the person who expresses them has actually experienced human beings behaving TOTALLY IRRATIONALLY. People DO behave that way, you know.  They really do!!

- The fact that an expreesed view appears (to some) as 'excessive' or 'paranoid' DOES NOT MAKE IT UNTRUE!!

So, remember, strange things (seemingly perverse / seemingly unlikely / seemingly impossible) CAN HAPPEN (and frequently do) in life. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) A "certain type" of point-of-view is always easy to make out to be a "common sense" point of view, and therefore easy to support.  These points of view usually include a rejection of anything outlandish or unusual.

- The fact that this 'common sense' point of view also scorns other less 'common sense sounding' views, as paranoid STILL DOES NOT MAKE THEM TRUE.

(2) A certain type of view expressed, usually one that refers to the 'excesses' that certain types of human being indulge in such as where they behave out of passion and anger rather than from cool business-like perspectives, are easy to "rubbish" as being paranoid, etc.  These points of view are normally expressed because the person who expresses them has actually experienced human beings behaving TOTALLY IRRATIONALLY. People DO behave that way, you know.  They really do!!

- The fact that an expreesed view appears (to some) as 'excessive' or 'paranoid' DOES NOT MAKE IT UNTRUE!!

So, remember, strange things (seemingly perverse / seemingly unlikely / seemingly impossible) CAN HAPPEN (and frequently do) in life. 

How about ignoring every single fact, every bit of common sense and the complicated sale procedure to make an absurd conspiracy theory based upon little to nothing.

None of this proves Ashley is doing anything out of revenge ffs. :lol: Don't try and justify what is nothing more than getting frustrated and jumping to irrational conclusions.

None of this proves Ashley is doing anything out of revenge ffs. :lol: Don't try and justify what is nothing more than getting frustrated and jumping to irrational conclusions.

"Sigh"  -  Well, at least no one can say I didn't try!!!!

The bottom line is ashley has only received one serious bid for us at £70 mil

and that wont be accepted,

Houghton will be in charge this season

players wages will cripple the club further

we will end up going straight down to the first div

ashley will then sell for whatever he can get.

the fat man has totaly killled this club.

A tad pessimistic there,Ashley knows he has no future at the club...he'll sell to the highest bidder,sooner or later.Sooner,i'd say.

No you've clearly put a spectacular amount of effort into spouting shit.

A tad pessimistic there,Ashley knows he has no future at the club...he'll sell to the highest bidder,sooner or later.Sooner,i'd say.

He seems to be suggesting that our current squad would get relegated from the Championship as well :dowie:

Guest sicko2ndbest

you boys know i dont often post on here something ive heard, unless its off one of my most trusted sources with inside knowledge on the club/player in question. Had an interesting talk tonight with an associate of mine, and he believes thursday will be the key day here with a decision being made. Hopefully is true

Todays the day Dazza

you boys know i dont often post on here something ive heard, unless its off one of my most trusted sources with inside knowledge on the club/player in question. Had an interesting talk tonight with an associate of mine, and he believes thursday will be the key day here with a decision being made. Hopefully is true

I see he's been deleted. Good call.

No you've clearly put a spectacular amount of effort into spouting s***.

Thanks for your considered analysis !!!

Damn.  Someone said that this guy had been quite accurate before (i think).  Anyone know why he has been deleted?

Damn.  Someone said that this guy had been quite accurate before (i think).  Anyone know why he has been deleted?

He was only accurate with Man Utd stuff, think he hangs out with Darren Fletcher. Although he did once say Berbatov was having a medical at Man Utd (the summer before he signed..)

I can't think off the top of my head what he's been right about, Rossi coming on loan I think, not sure though.

Guest Geordiesned

Did he say it did?

Basically none of us know Ashley's motives anymore so to dismiss anyone elses opinions on this is talking a lot more shite. Unless you've got a crystal ball?

I'm thinking Ashley definitely has offers for the club at this point, but not at the price he is looking for. I believe that he will accept these offers but will not be in a hurry to do so.

Basically, he will only accept these offers right at the start of the season or worse at the end of the window in order to make things very difficult for the new owners, as some sort of retribution for having to accept less than he wanted.

I think the decision not to sell any players and also not to appoint Shearer as manager is all tied into this. These are things the new owners are going to have to sort out when they come in and the less time they have to do so the more difficult things will be for them. There is going to be very little time in the window remaining for players to be moved on as well as new ones brought in now, and this in turn is likely to make the job less desirable for Shearer, which will increase the chances of him turning it down. Ashley is essentially using these as tools to pressure interested parties into paying what he wants I would imagine.

Pretty rotten situation really.