RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

By your theory he's hoping they'll pay MORE for an increasingly WORSE club.

Wouldn't put it past the thick twat actually.

He's hoping they can't read his poker Shola face.

fyp

Guest helios_centric

A sign of Ashley's vindictiveness? Sligthly off topic but this is what he's up to at the moment:

http://www.retail-week.com/retail-sectors/fashion/sports/mike-ashley-threatens-jjb-agm-showdown-with-sir-david-jones/5004697.article

From 'Retail Week'

"Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley intends to embarrass rival JJB Sports executive chairman Sir David Jones at JJB’s AGM tomorrow.

Ashley or his representatives intend to go to the meeting and confront Jones with awkward questions about his £1.5m loan from the Sports Direct founder.

Although Jones has paid back the cash, news that he had borrowed from Ashley raised concerns over a potential conflict of interest. As well as being a competitor, Sports Direct is a supplier to JJB Sports.

The row centres around when exactly the loan was arranged. JJB insists it was “initiated” before Jones joined JJB’s board. Ashley contends it was arranged afterwards.

Jones has been attempting to turn around JJB. Investors have so far backed him and view the loan row as a distraction from the challenge of reviving the company."

Reply #6172 on: Today at 10:45:32 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: dcmk on Today at 08:06:14 PM

The mere suggestion of revenge being the motivation for any of this is simply absurd..

..what type of businessman likes to lose money and see a serious investment fail?

Some people on here are just way too paranoid.

Paranoid isn't the word, some of them are certifiable, honestly

FFS, it's not revenge and it's fantasy to believe that it is. Its simply clawing back as much money as he can. He's a businessman and his decisions will be ruled by money rather than any petty motive for revenge.

Stop talking so much sense, you'll confuse people.

A couple of points need to be made here.

(1) A "certain type" of point-of-view is always easy to make out to be a "common sense" point of view, and therefore easy to support.  These points of view usually include a rejection of anything outlandish or unusual.

- The fact that something sounds 'common sense' DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE!!!

- The fact that this 'common sense' point of view also scorns other less 'common sense sounding' views, as paranoid STILL DOES NOT MAKE THEM TRUE.

(2) A certain type of view expressed, usually one that refers to the 'excesses' that certain types of human being indulge in such as where they behave out of passion and anger rather than from cool business-like perspectives, are easy to "rubbish" as being paranoid, etc.  These points of view are normally expressed because the person who expresses them has actually experienced human beings behaving TOTALLY IRRATIONALLY. People DO behave that way, you know.  They really do!!

- The fact that an expreesed view appears (to some) as 'excessive' or 'paranoid' DOES NOT MAKE IT UNTRUE!!

So, remember, strange things (seemingly perverse / seemingly unlikely / seemingly impossible) CAN HAPPEN (and frequently do) in life. 

None of this proves Ashley is doing anything out of revenge ffs. :lol: Don't try and justify what is nothing more than getting frustrated and jumping to irrational conclusions.

Did he say it did?

Basically none of us know Ashley's motives anymore so to dismiss anyone elses opinions on this is talking a lot more shite. Unless you've got a grystal ball?

Yes actually, he did. Not in that specific post, but he did. I see you're a member of the "prove I'm wrong" club rather than "I'll prove I'm right". I suppose you also expect atheist to provide proof that God doesn't exist?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I dont think Ashley is out for revenge. If anyone thinks Ashley is going to let the club die a death and not eventually accept one of the bids is kidding themselves, not even he can afford to do that.

It is still quite early in the day for a takeover to be completed, less than 2 months in fact. He will be losing money by the shedload the longer he holds onto it. My crystal ball says the takeover will be completed before the start of the season

I dont think Ashley is out for revenge. If anyone thinks Ashley is going to let the club die a death and not eventually accept one of the bids is kidding themselves, not even he can afford to do that.

It is still quite early in the day for a takeover to be completed, less than 2 months in fact. He will be losing money by the shedload the longer he holds onto it. My crystal ball says the takeover will be completed before the start of the season

Lets hope so, but don't forget he did the same during the last season, holding out for a ridiculous price then being forced to stay on.

Dosnt anyone else think that it is hugely significant that Kenneth Shepherd has been at the last 2 games!

Yes.

Does he represent any of the players?

Hes not in that line of business is he?

Yes he is, he works for Paul Stretford.

A sign of Ashley's vindictiveness? Sligthly off topic but this is what he's up to at the moment:

http://www.retail-week.com/retail-sectors/fashion/sports/mike-ashley-threatens-jjb-agm-showdown-with-sir-david-jones/5004697.article

From 'Retail Week'

"Sports Direct tycoon Mike Ashley intends to embarrass rival JJB Sports executive chairman Sir David Jones at JJBs AGM tomorrow.

Ashley or his representatives intend to go to the meeting and confront Jones with awkward questions about his £1.5m loan from the Sports Direct founder.

Although Jones has paid back the cash, news that he had borrowed from Ashley raised concerns over a potential conflict of interest. As well as being a competitor, Sports Direct is a supplier to JJB Sports.

The row centres around when exactly the loan was arranged. JJB insists it was initiated before Jones joined JJBs board. Ashley contends it was arranged afterwards.

Jones has been attempting to turn around JJB. Investors have so far backed him and view the loan row as a distraction from the challenge of reviving the company."

Wonder where this takes place.

Someone please have a word in Ashley's shell-like and point out to him that the value of the club going in one direction only and is going to continue that way for as long as he is the owner.  If he doesn't like the offers made now, he's going to like the offers nezt week, next month or next season even less and there is no way he can do a chewing gum and string job to get us back up and push up the price.  How no-one's pointed this out to him is baffling (the fact he hasn't realised it himself would be baffling, if it weren't for the fact he's proven himself to have less business sense than your average tramp).  I can only assume he's surrounded by yes-men and people of a similar mental ability.

Guest fading star

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mere suggestion of revenge being the motivation for any of this is simply absurd..

..what type of businessman likes to lose money and see a serious investment fail?

FFS, it's not revenge and it's fantasy to believe that it is. Its simply clawing back as much money as he can. He's a businessman and his decisions will be ruled by money rather than any petty motive for revenge.

(1) A "certain type" of point-of-view is always easy to make out to be a "common sense" point of view, and therefore easy to support.  These points of view usually include a rejection of anything outlandish or unusual.

- The fact that this 'common sense' point of view also scorns other less 'common sense sounding' views, as paranoid STILL DOES NOT MAKE THEM TRUE.

(2) A certain type of view expressed, usually one that refers to the 'excesses' that certain types of human being indulge in such as where they behave out of passion and anger rather than from cool business-like perspectives, are easy to "rubbish" as being paranoid, etc.  These points of view are normally expressed because the person who expresses them has actually experienced human beings behaving TOTALLY IRRATIONALLY. People DO behave that way, you know.  They really do!!

- The fact that an expreesed view appears (to some) as 'excessive' or 'paranoid' DOES NOT MAKE IT UNTRUE!!

So, remember, strange things (seemingly perverse / seemingly unlikely / seemingly impossible) CAN HAPPEN (and frequently do) in life. 

None of this proves Ashley is doing anything out of revenge ffs. :lol: Don't try and justify what is nothing more than getting frustrated and jumping to irrational conclusions.

Did he say it did?

Basically none of us know Ashley's motives anymore so to dismiss anyone elses opinions on this is talking a lot more s****. Unless you've got a grystal ball?

Yes actually, he did. Not in that specific post, but he did. I see you're a member of the "prove I'm wrong" club rather than "I'll prove I'm right". I suppose you also expect atheist to provide proof that God doesn't exist?

I said revenge might be influencing his decision making. Might being the important word, as it’s impossible to know what his motivations are right now. Two questions

1) If the club remains unsold what do you think Ashley’s plan B is?

2) If Ashley had a choice between selling of £100m,or selling for £100m and fucking us over what option do you think he’d choose and why?

Guest Geordiesned

Did he say it did?

Basically none of us know Ashley's motives anymore so to dismiss anyone elses opinions on this is talking a lot more shite. Unless you've got a grystal ball?

Wind your neck in bonny lad. I'm not a member of any group but get pissed off when people try to dismiss other people's views and opinions with accusations such as "spouting shite" because they don't match their own and when they themselves haven't got a clue what Mike Ashley is thinking. As I said originally none of us knows Ashley's motives so I'm not sure I'm suddenly a "member" of any group!  :rolleyes:

Did he say it did?

Wind your neck in bonny lad. I'm not a member of any group but get pissed off when people try to dismiss other people's views and opinions with accusations such as "spouting shite" because they don't match their own and when they themselves haven't got a clue what Mike Ashley is thinking. As I said originally none of us knows Ashley's motives so I'm not sure I'm suddenly a "member" of any group!  :rolleyes:

I get equally pissed off when people refuse to recognise how ridiculous a notion it is that any business man, a twat or otherwise, would base any of his decisions on revenge. It's so ludicrous it is astonishing that anyone can actually take it seriously.

Guest fading star

Someone please have a word in Ashley's shell-like and point out to him that the value of the club going in one direction only and is going to continue that way for as long as he is the owner.  If he doesn't like the offers made now, he's going to like the offers nezt week, next month or next season even less and there is no way he can do a chewing gum and string job to get us back up and push up the price.  How no-one's pointed this out to him is baffling (the fact he hasn't realised it himself would be baffling, if it weren't for the fact he's proven himself to have less business sense than your average tramp).  I can only assume he's surrounded by yes-men and people of a similar mental ability.

That’s the rational view, but is Ashley a rational man?

My thoughts keep returning to the way the sale was announced. Sticking an email address on the website wasn’t rational. Dismissing it as a mistake is lazy, this was no mistake. How would a mistake like this occur, was it a typo. Somebody high up at the club decided to make a mockery of the club. The question is why?

I know it’s a small incident on which to conclude Ashley has lost his marbles, but supporters are being starved of information and the little bits of truth that leak out are what we have to work with.

Guest fading star

Did he say it did?

Basically none of us know Ashley's motives anymore so to dismiss anyone elses opinions on this is talking a lot more s****. Unless you've got a grystal ball?

Wind your neck in bonny lad. I'm not a member of any group but get pissed off when people try to dismiss other people's views and opinions with accusations such as "spouting s****" because they don't match their own and when they themselves haven't got a clue what Mike Ashley is thinking. As I said originally none of us knows Ashley's motives so I'm not sure I'm suddenly a "member" of any group!  :rolleyes:

I get equally pissed off when people refuse to recognise how ridiculous a notion it is that any business man, a t*** or otherwise, would base any of his decisions on revenge. It's so ludicrous it is astonishing that anyone can actually take it seriously.

Why is it ludicrous to think Ashley’s might be at least partly motivated by something other than money?

Guest ItalianMagpie

2) If Ashley had a choice between selling of £100m,or selling for £100m and f***ing us over what option do you think he’d choose and why?

The first one for sure. He must know that to sell for £100 and f*** us over at the same time he'd still need to wait for long, he must know that with the time going on, the value of the club is quickly going down and he must know that also the investors know this and that they could even decide to retire if the time they'd have for building the new team was not enough. Is it worth for him risking this just for revenge against us?? I would say he cannot be that stupid...

Guest Geordiesned

Did he say it did?

I get equally pissed off when people refuse to recognise how ridiculous a notion it is that any business man, a twat or otherwise, would base any of his decisions on revenge. It's so ludicrous it is astonishing that anyone can actually take it seriously.

:banghead: Oh shut up you tart. Yet again I'll say it - none of us know Ashley's motives so stop trying to make out you do!

Guest fading star

2) If Ashley had a choice between selling of £100m,or selling for £100m and f***ing us over what option do you think he’d choose and why?

The first one for sure. He must know that to sell for £100 and f*** us over at the same time he'd still need to wait for long, he must know that with the time going on, the value of the club is quickly going down and he must know that also the investors know this and that they could even decide to retire if the time they'd have for building the new team was not enough. Is it worth for him risking this just for revenge against us?? I would say he cannot be that stupid...

You misunderstand. The question is based on him having a choice

Option 1) £100m.

Option 2) £100m and fucking us over. 

Which would Ashley choose and why?

Did he say it did?

:banghead: Oh shut up you tart. Yet again I'll say it - none of us know Ashley's motives so stop trying to make out you do!

Calm down sweetie, it's just the internet.

Without qualifying it, that's as ridiculous a statement as there's been in the thread.

Even the most cold hearted and logical people find it hard not to let emotions and irrationality factor into their decision making. Ashley gambles large amounts of money on roulette, and you're trying to make out that every decision he makes is based on sound financial thinking.  :no:

Without qualifying it, that's as ridiculous a statement as there's been in the thread.

Even the most cold hearted and logical people find it hard not to let emotions and irrationality factor into their decision making. Ashley gambles large amounts of money on roulette, and you're trying to make out that every decision he makes is based on sound financial thinking. :no:

It's equally as ridiculous to suggest that revenge is a factor imo, fact is none of us really know what's going on so to make allegations like "omg Ashley hates us sooo much he's just dragging this on to get us!" is just absurd, and entirely unfounded.

And for the record, I'm not claiming it's all based on sound financial thinking, he's proven in the past he's incapable of that when it comes to running a football club.

Did he say it did?

"Sigh"

Of course I never said it did.

But, don't let that get in the way!

"Sigh"

Did he say it did?

"Sigh"

Of course I never said it did.

But, don't let that get in the way!

"Sigh"

I won't.

"Post".