RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest johnson293

the fact of the matter is that no one knows what has happened or will happened with the 100 mill of debt. It is possible that while Ashley was owner he simply paid it off. In that case he has no legal right to that money anymore. If he simply paid off the banks and gave newcastle an interest free loan then its a bit different. No one actually knows which of the two that he did. If he loaned the money to the club then its not as though the new owners have to come up with it. they will simply pay it off over a number of years and not have to pay interest.

Unless, he added a clause similar to that on the loans/mortgage he inherited when he bought the club - i.e. that it (or a large chunk of it) has to be paid off within 30 days of a change in ownership, or summit like that.

it would be the most idiotic deflection ever if it was. Fucking up any chance of promotion just to deflect the heat of relegation. whilst players on high wages remain unsold and money being drained from the club by the day.

nah dont think so

What about the manager situation though? Why would he purposely leave us without any preperations in place for the coming season if he wanted to stay and get us back up?

Think about last season. None of that shit made sense either.

What about the manager situation though? Why would he purposely leave us without any preperations in place for the coming season if he wanted to stay and get us back up?

Think about last season. None of that s*** made sense either.

How did it not make sense? You're saying you don't think he's really going to sell and is using all of this to take heat away from the relegation, which would imply he wants to stay and take us back up. But if this was the case, why would he leave us with a caretaker manager and no new players in? He's just fucking himself over as well as all of us.

How did it not make sense? You're saying you don't think he's really going to sell and is using all of this to take heat away from the relegation, which would imply he wants to stay and take us back up. But if this was the case, why would he leave us with a caretaker manager and no new players in? He's just fucking himself over as well as all of us.

I'm not saying I believe it myself, just putting the suggestion out there.

As I said before, think about last year. He appointed Joe Kinnear and failed to invest in the team when it was obvious at fuck to er, well the rest of the fucking world that we were struggling. That made no sense either - it was clear that for the sake of £10m he risked losing £100m - but those decisions were made and he fucked himself over as well as us.

He probably thought the heat would be much worse btw, and as in September just bailed like the jellyfish cunt he is.

I don't know, it's just fucking infuriating this, and the lying and piss-taking by Llambias (both in the past and regarding the 'sale') makes me more suspicious by the day.

Btw 'preparations'? When has he displayed any knowledge whatsoever of this in a footballing context? The guy is fucking clueless, I bet he thinks we'll piss the Championship with or without Shearer. I bet Al told him just what he believed was necessary and Ashley shit himself.

I was being completely sincere when I suggested Ashley probably looked at the pre-season results and thinks everything is fine.

Fuck it, whilst I'm on a roll: where is all this optimism coming from anyway?

Why does everyone suddenly trust Ashley to do what he says?

Why does everyone suddenly believe a word that comes from Llambias' gob?

In the face of absolutely overwhelming evidence that they don't know what they're doing. WE GOT RELEGATED.

the fact of the matter is that no one knows what has happened or will happened with the 100 mill of debt. It is possible that while Ashley was owner he simply paid it off. In that case he has no legal right to that money anymore. If he simply paid off the banks and gave newcastle an interest free loan then its a bit different. No one actually knows which of the two that he did. If he loaned the money to the club then its not as though the new owners have to come up with it. they will simply pay it off over a number of years and not have to pay interest.

Of course we do- it was the latter and it's in the accounts at Companies House.

There is no way any new owner with a brain would take on a company with any significant liability to a previous owner- in most cases all significant debt is repaid and refinanced as required. No-one will leave themselves in such a position- they will simply see the £100m as something to be repaid to the sole shareholder and factor this into the calculations.

Anyway any loan of this type will have a change of control clause, giving the lender right to demand to be repaid if the business changes hands (which Ashley clearly didn't think about- not so much due diligence as the completely obvious).

Reasonable bid now would probably be between £50-70m all in. Close the window and it's below £50m.

I'm not saying I believe it myself, just putting the suggestion out there.

As I said before, think about last year. He appointed Joe Kinnear and failed to invest in the team when it was obvious at fuck to er, well the rest of the fucking world that we were struggling. That made no sense either - it was clear that for the sake of £10m he risked losing £100m - but those decisions were made and he fucked himself over as well as us.

He probably thought the heat would be much worse btw, and as in September just bailed like the jellyfish cunt he is.

I don't know, it's just fucking infuriating this, and the lying and piss-taking by Llambias (both in the past and regarding the 'sale') makes me more suspicious by the day.

I don't think Ashley thinks too far ahead. Right now all he is aware of is that there are a couple of interested parties and his priority is to get them to bid against each other to get him as high a price as possible. This is similar to last season where he refused to drop the asking price to the level required, scared off all potential investors, then tried to do a bodge up job for the rest of the season resulting in relegation and the loss of millions.

Can anyone see a pattern emerging yet?

Fuck it, whilst I'm on a roll: where is all this optimism coming from anyway?

Why does everyone suddenly trust Ashley to do what he says?

Why does everyone suddenly believe a word that comes from Llambias' gob?

In the face of absolutely overwhelming evidence that they don't know what they're doing. WE GOT RELEGATED.

i hope ashley dies, i would celebrate it infact. would'nt bother if lliambas went with him. The club will die if they dont fuck off.

(maybe not die, but atleast get a very hard flu!)

Guest Brummiemag

The thing is if Ashley sells for say £70m and the new buyer takes on the debt of £100m over whatever repayment period is agreed, if the new owner defaults, Ashley can put us into administration so that the administrators have a fire sale of players in order to recoup his money.  So even if we are sold, we will still have an Ashley axe hanging over our necks.

Why do people keep mentioning the £100 million debt? If Ashley hasn't written it off then he's never going to sell the club, and we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

He's such a thick cunt that he may not realise even now that every day he delays the sale weakens his position and strengthens that of the potential purchasers. When the shite results start rolling in, and the players and fans revolt, the value of the club will plummet and NOW is the time for him to cut his losses and fuck off!

People keep mentioning the £100 million debt because as far as I'm aware there isn't a shred of evidence that he has written it off or that he is going to write it off.

Ashley's just going to continue completely udnerestimating the investment of cash and skill that's required to get a football club anywhere and think "Hmm, they're not offering me as much as I want.  I know I'll just hold onto it until next season and then I'll get a load more money when it's a Premiership club." with predictable results.

Guest Stephen927

Ashley will probably think 10 goals in 2 games, this side must be on the up and reacting to Hughton's training.

Ashley will probably think 10 goals in 2 games, this side must be on the up and reacting to Hughton's training.

Ashley lives in his own little dream world where we wouldn't have got relegated if good old Joe hadn't took ill. I can still see him sneaking Kinnear back into the set up once the sale of the club falls through.

No 'probably' about it. Therefore it could be beneficial for us to get twatted in our remaining friendlies and for Hughton to bare his arse in Fenwicks window with ASHLEY IS A BELLEND written on it.

The thing is if Ashley sells for say £70m and the new buyer takes on the debt of £100m over whatever repayment period is agreed, if the new owner defaults, Ashley can put us into administration so that the administrators have a fire sale of players in order to recoup his money.  So even if we are sold, we will still have an Ashley axe hanging over our necks.

Why do people keep mentioning the £100 million debt? If Ashley hasn't written it off then he's never going to sell the club, and we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

He's such a thick cunt that he may not realise even now that every day he delays the sale weakens his position and strengthens that of the potential purchasers. When the shite results start rolling in, and the players and fans revolt, the value of the club will plummet and NOW is the time for him to cut his losses and fuck off!

People keep mentioning the £100 million debt because as far as I'm aware there isn't a shred of evidence that he has written it off or that he is going to write it off.

As I said, if Ashley hasn't written the debt off then there's no way he's going to sell the club for, in effect, £150 - £200 million. We're in the Championship, with no manager and a bunch of money grabbing mercenaries who don't want to play for us for fucks sake!

The club's fast approaching meltdown and Ashley seems content to watch his money burn. What he's doing to the club defies all logic, and you can only conclude that he is hellbent on doing as much damage to the club as possible and fuck the cost.