RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm thinking Ashley definitely has offers for the club at this point, but not at the price he is looking for. I believe that he will accept these offers but will not be in a hurry to do so.

Basically, he will only accept these offers right at the start of the season or worse at the end of the window in order to make things very difficult for the new owners, as some sort of retribution for having to accept less than he wanted.

I think the decision not to sell any players and also not to appoint Shearer as manager is all tied into this. These are things the new owners are going to have to sort out when they come in and the less time they have to do so the more difficult things will be for them. There is going to be very little time in the window remaining for players to be moved on as well as new ones brought in now, and this in turn is likely to make the job less desirable for Shearer, which will increase the chances of him turning it down. Ashley is essentially using these as tools to pressure interested parties into paying what he wants I would imagine.

Pretty rotten situation really.

It also increases the chances that all interested parties will pull out as the prospect of the club getting promotion recede with every day lost, making the club less valuable every week that goes by. I would like to think that Ashley has a Plan B if this all blows up in his fat face (as usual) but I doubt it. Unless you call putting Hughton/Kinnear in charge and running off to London while they get on with it a plan.

Ashley is probably saying to them right now that if they pay up they still have a month of the window remaining to appoint a manger and allow him to sort out the squad.

Otherwise he'll just put them right in it by accepting the offer right at the end of August. This is assuming of course any of these parties would still be interested by then. I imagine most would have walked away, but he's likely counting on Freddy still being interested which is likely.

By your theory he's hoping they'll pay MORE for an increasingly WORSE club.

Wouldn't put it past the thick twat actually.

I actually think the whole experience has driven him a bit mad.  :laugh2:

Wouldn't put it past the thick twat actually.

He's hoping they can't read his poker face.

Wouldn't put it past the thick t*** actually.

I actually think the whole experience has driven him a bit mad.  :laugh2:

The guy was some sort of recluse before taking over the club. Finally, steps out of his house only for the world to throw rocks at him due to his knuckleheadedness.

Yeah I think it's pretty likely something in his head has taken a turn for the worse.

I'm thinking Ashley definitely has offers for the club at this point, but not at the price he is looking for. I believe that he will accept these offers but will not be in a hurry to do so.

Basically, he will only accept these offers right at the start of the season or worse at the end of the window in order to make things very difficult for the new owners, as some sort of retribution for having to accept less than he wanted.

I think the decision not to sell any players and also not to appoint Shearer as manager is all tied into this. These are things the new owners are going to have to sort out when they come in and the less time they have to do so the more difficult things will be for them. There is going to be very little time in the window remaining for players to be moved on as well as new ones brought in now, and this in turn is likely to make the job less desirable for Shearer, which will increase the chances of him turning it down. Ashley is essentially using these as tools to pressure interested parties into paying what he wants I would imagine.

Pretty rotten situation really.

It also increases the chances that all interested parties will pull out as the prospect of the club getting promotion recede with every day lost, making the club less valuable every week that goes by. I would like to think that Ashley has a Plan B if this all blows up in his fat face (as usual) but I doubt it. Unless you call putting Hughton/Kinnear in charge and running off to London while they get on with it a plan.

He's likely thinking that no matter what happens Freddy's offer will remain on the table, due to his desperation to get the club back and therefore Ashley will feel he can wait right up until the latest to try and get the money he wants from someone else.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dosnt anyone else think that it is hugely significant that Kenneth Shepherd has been at the last 2 games!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dosnt anyone else think that it is hugely significant that Kenneth Shepherd has been at the last 2 games!

Yes.

Does he represent any of the players?

Hes not in that line of business is he?

Profitable group expecting answer by tomorrow as well according to McMahons comments

Guest sicko2ndbest

is that any new comments from mcmahon or just relating to what he said the other day?

the other day

Yes.

Does he represent any of the players?

Hes not in that line of business is he?

Profitable group expecting answer by tomorrow as well according to McMahons comments

I'm not entirely convinced that The Profitable Group have even made a bid.

They've had some superb publicity on the back of the club's sale, publicly pulling out of the sale just gives them more publicity, even if they didn't make a bid in the first place.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ronnie Gill

Meanwhile, sources close to the sale of United at Seymour Pierce insist that Mike Ashley is still desperate to sell the Magpies.

The man in charge of the sale of Newcastle, Keith Harris, is currently on a fortnight’s holiday :), but this is not understood to affect the process, with his colleague Tom Sheldon looking after business in the capital.

There has been little movement in the past few days, with interest from the Malaysian group which Derek Llambias handed a guided tour to two weeks ago understood to be all but dead in the water.

The source said: “There is nothing new to report regarding the sale but Mike is still trying to offload it, that’s for certain.

“There has been no suggestion he will take it off the market like he did in December.”

Guest icemanblue

Keith Harris is on holiday for 2 weeks!!

HOLY SHIT!!11!! Are you serious?!?!?!?!

What are we going to do?!?!?!?!?!?!

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!11!!1111111!!!

Ronnie Gill

Meanwhile, sources close to the sale of United at Seymour Pierce insist that Mike Ashley is still desperate to sell the Magpies.

The man in charge of the sale of Newcastle, Keith Harris, is currently on a fortnight’s holiday :), but this is not understood to affect the process, with his colleague Tom Sheldon looking after business in the capital.

There has been little movement in the past few days, with interest from the Malaysian group which Derek Llambias handed a guided tour to two weeks ago understood to be all but dead in the water.

The source said: “There is nothing new to report regarding the sale but Mike is still trying to offload it, that’s for certain.

“There has been no suggestion he will take it off the market like he did in December.”

Freaking Malaysians only took the tour for shits and giggles. Shits and giggles!  :angry:

Guest Roger Kint

i dont care who is in charge off selling providing it gets sold asap

Even to a Godzilla sized Adolf Hitler with laser eyes ??

Well he couldnt do any worse

He could gain instant God status by destroying wearyside :pow:

"Hitler is a geordie la la la la"

I'd rather him take a shit in the stadium of shite and lip it out the top.