RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest antz1uk

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4669/010278368160600.gif

He's the one on the left. (:lol:)

is he not the guy that owns collingwood insurance? a major club sponsor?

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2007/11/09/country-estate-is-sold-for-18m-61634-20083253/

Country estate is sold for £18m

Nov 9 2007 by Dave Black, The Journal

A LARGE slice of Northumberland countryside has changed hands in a multi-million pound deal after the Church of England decided to cash in on some of its extensive landholdings.

The 2,566-acre Dissington Estate – west of Darras Hall and about 10 miles from Newcastle – has been sold by the Church Commissioners to North-East business tycoon Barry Moat.

He is on the board of a  local company based in Prudhoe that is at the forefront of Business Telecoms in this country, rapidly expanding. They provide most UK call centres and large retail companies with telephony solutions, and whilst he's a wealthy bloke, he would have to have major backing as he's not wealthy enough to buy us on his own.

He's been linked to us before, and makes perfect sense given the "local connections" stuff given out by Keith Harris

Seymour Pierce, the investment bank charged with handing the sale of Newcastle United, will recommend to Mike Ashley, the club's owner, that he accepts a bid from a consortium led by Barry Moat, a prominent Tyneside businessman

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6740830.ece

So what are you guys thinking about this consortium?

I know nothing about the bloke, but that sounds too good to be true.

Former CEO of Premier Direct! I like that name, let's hope he buys us!

Let's just pretend we have been taken over - simply to raise spirits going into our first game of the season. It starts.....

Now.....

Get in! What a belter, I cannot believe we've been sold - Shearer to be appointed as Manager too. That'll do me there's still plenty time to get players before the window closes too. Finally, now those overpaid wankers might get sorted out and we might develop a good, young, fresh, enthusiastic squad.

Alan Shearers Black and White Army...roll on Saturday 0-3 to the Toon!!!

:clap2:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sorry im sceptical

The times have had a day to digest what Keith Harris has said 'you have to look where money is in the world at the moment, 5 years ago it was Russia, now elsewhere (obviously middle east)' and 'its vitally important that this club has a local influence)

They have put 2+2 together and got 5

Is this Moat's 'local consortium' the same one that Fat Freddie's involved with or completely different?

Aye that's what i'm pondering like...

I'd say totally different. If it had of been the Shepherds, I woudl imagine his name would have been mentioned, and Moat has been linked before without the involvement of the fat one

i know a fella called moat who is in the telecommunications business, he's wealthy but nowhere near this rich.

he's from lonbenton and now lives near hexham way

BNS Telecom in Prudhoe. Barry Moat is on the board, and Garry Moat the Chairman who he isn't related to

i know a fella called moat who is in the telecommunications business, he's wealthy but nowhere near this rich.

he's from lonbenton and now lives near hexham way

Thanks. :lol: