RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have a feeling that if Moat gets the gig as owner, Llambias will stay.

How many times though has Ashley made a statement on the club's secrets by what he does at the match eg. names on the back etc.

Which again was something else I wondered about, the fact that he wasn't in his usual kit.

There's quite obviously something in them flanking him like that, as though he's the new guy.

Yes I agree.I'm more positive now than I have been through this whole farcical situation.Hopefully this can be concluded quickly,before we are left with a threadbare squad,because with a few incomings,there is no doubt in my mind that we will piss this League.

I have a feeling that if Moat gets the gig as owner, Llambias will stay.

How many times though has Ashley made a statement on the club's secrets by what he does at the match eg. names on the back etc.

Which again was something else I wondered about, the fact that he wasn't in his usual kit.

more often than not ashley wore a shirt instead of a toon top.as today.

Assuming there's anything in the Campbell thing... i don't think Sol Campbell would sign for a team that had no definite future and no manager lined up. He'll have plenty of options.

Tbh, i think the events are today are all pointing in the right direction with regards to a takeover. If only for the juxtaposition of all the chaps in the seats today. Moat in the middle of Ashley and Llambias? He's already got his own personal box that he could have used.

We've got the wage bill under £30m by my best estimate, and these players, with a couple of loans, freebies and cheap deals to reinforce the squad will win the Championship. Then the owner will have a Premier League club that wont need a new stadium to be built, and will collect the third highest matchday revenue in that league, and with all that has come to pass, the owner would have a completely blank slate with regards to what he can do.

Even though we are in a division below, you can do more with us in 10 years than you could ever do with Everton, West Ham, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Wigan, Sunderland, even Man City if you were rich enough.

We should be the best value for money purchase ever made in football if someone had money, ambition, and foresight.

No way the wage bill is under £30m, more like mid to high 40's.  I definitely agree with the rest though.

We've got the wage bill under £30m by my best estimate, and these players, with a couple of loans, freebies and cheap deals to reinforce the squad will win the Championship. Then the owner will have a Premier League club that wont need a new stadium to be built, and will collect the third highest matchday revenue in that league, and with all that has come to pass, the owner would have a completely blank slate with regards to what he can do.

Even though we are in a division below, you can do more with us in 10 years than you could ever do with Everton, West Ham, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Wigan, Sunderland, even Man City if you were rich enough.

We should be the best value for money purchase ever made in football if someone had money, ambition, and foresight.

No way the wage bill is under £30m, more like mid to high 40's.  I definitely agree with the rest though.

yeah by my rough calculations with duff gone some 23m a year has gone off the wage bill since the end of last year so that would leave it in the 40-50m bracket

9 players out and the wage bill has come down by more than 40m?  :lol:

Viduka was being paid in steak bakes.

If only.

How's it going you old dog?

Not bad sunshine, delighted about the way we played today. Back to work on monday :(

If only.

Not bad sunshine, delighted about the way we played today. Back to work on monday :(

Makes 2 of us. You around and about before Xmas by any chance?

If only.

QPR and Bristol City.

9 players out and the wage bill has come down by more than 40m? :lol:

If only.

QPR and Bristol City.

Excellent. QPR sounds good. :)

New mystery Toon bidder

Aug 16 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

A MYSTERY new bidder is pondering an 11th-hour approach for Newcastle United this week.

Magpies owner Mike Ashley had been tipped to take the club off the market if local tycoon Barry Moat failed to raise the finance for a deal.

But now another would-be buyer - thought to have no connection with Moat or other previously mentioned contenders - is set to show their hand.

It is unclear whether the latest interested party is willing to go close to matching Ashley's official asking price of £100 million.

And Moat's presence next to Ashley in the directors' box during last night's opening home game of the season was widely interpreted as proof that he is the most viable bidder.

Other sources suggest Ashley may yet decide to maintain control of Newcastle but ask Moat to join the board with a view to appointing Alan Shearer as manager.

Even with Moat for company, Ashley was given a fresh reminder of the strength of feeling against him on Tyneside by the fans who booed his return to St James's Park yesterday.

Those supporters would be encouraged by new interest in relieving him of control.

And it may also reinforce Shearer's hopes of finally returning to the Newcastle dug-out amid fears that Ashley will appoint a different manager if he decides not to sell up.

Meanwhile, Liverpool, Aston Villa and Fulham may challenge Everton in a mass race for Steven Taylor, with the Cottagers already poised to sign Magpies winger Damien Duff.

yeah by my rough calculations with duff gone some 23m a year has gone off the wage bill since the end of last year so that would leave it in the 40-50m bracket

I dunno, I couldn't remember figures for what it was before, so tried counting upwards, as as far as I'm aware, the likes of Rozehnal were on the last wage bill estimate and we know that more have gone out than in since then:

Harper £40,000

Colo £50,000

Enrique £40,000

Nolan £40,000

Barton £50,000

Guthrie £20,000

Simpson £10,000

Taylor £30,000

Smith £50,000

Jonas £40,000

Xisco £40,000

Geremi £50,000

Butt £50,000

Shola £35,000

Carroll £15,000

Taylor £25,000

= £495,000 a week

x52 = £25,740,000

Obviously plus youngsters and staff,

Have a feeling somethings goin to happen this week. Moat next to Ashley, Campbell at the game, just think we could be going down to Palace with a new owner, shearer in charge and CB.

Probably end up with Ashley, JFK and no Taylor like sigh

I think the seating arrangements at yesterdays game might suggest they are not a million miles away from agreeing some sort of deal, even if it's only Moat being a co-owner. At least he'd have a more positive influence in their decision making, not that it could be any more negative of course.

Something's gonna be sorted this week, i can feel it in my water.

This idea of co-ownership seems to be gathering pace and as far as I can see it's based purely on the fact that a couple of people on this thread suggested it. Even the local media have picked it up from here I reckon.

Ashley wants out, Moat wants in. Can't particularly see why anything has changed.

This idea of co-ownership seems to be gathering pace and as far as I can see it's based purely on the fact that a couple of people on this thread suggested it. Even the local media have picked it up from here I reckon.

Ashley wants out, Moat wants in. Can't particularly see why anything has changed.

I think what's changed is Ashleys expectations in regard to the sale amount. There's obviously not been an offer to meet his ideal sale figure otherwise he'd have been off by now.

That coupled with the wage bill being reduced, the start to the season from a relaively 'cheap' squad, the lack of any form of protest from the fans and the fact Moat wants in, possibly can't fund a whole takeover and is someone he can work with (they seem quite matey) makes me summise he may be here for a while yet.

All guesswork as you intimate but thought I should explain my rationale.