RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ItalianMagpie

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5503819,00.html

New bid for Magpies launched

Fans could run club in proposed new deal

Last updated: 20th August 2009

Former professional footballer Graham Roberts is at the forefront of a project that could see Newcastle United run by its own fans.

Current owner Mike Ashley is looking to sell, with Tyneside-based business man Barry Moat the most likely candidate to buy the Magpies.

But Roberts, along with a group called Fanbase 410, has launched a rival bid which will involve Newcastle fans making a personal investment in the club.

The consortium recently met with Newcastle directors as well as prominent members of the supporters' trust and Roberts has been encouraged by the talks.

He said: "It was a positive meeting. Now we will sit down with the supporters. They want to run their own football club, and why not?

"I just work for the company that is putting this together. Newcastle supporters will pick their own president and the manager.

"It's the same at Barcelona and Real Madrid. You never know, they could end up buying £60 million or £70 million players. It works for Barcelona, why not Newcastle United?"

Barcelona is owned by its 108,000 club members while Real Madrid are polled every four years on the club's direction.

Although Roberts was reluctant to reveal exactly how the proposed system at Newcastle would work, it is thought Fanbase will pay their members annual dividends.

A spokesperson for the Newcastle United Supporters Trust says that further talks with Fanbase 410 will take place.

"The principle of the Trust is to give the fans an active and real say in the running of their club," the spokesperson said.

"We have met with Fanbase and we are in initial discussions about how their model works and discussions will continue."

f***ing hell. And people wonder why we're an utter laughing stock.

:jesuswept:

I can't believe it's really happening. "Further talks will take place": are these people aware of the fact the transfer market closes in 10 days? Then what's the point of involving the fans in a business management? We're also going to pick the manager? Bah, this cannot be serious. And if it's not, it's making us waste time, anyway .:facepalm:

Guest Wally_McFool

Its all just another spin on the "in a few more days" line that Ashley and co have been using ever since they have decided to fuck people about by pretending to sell the club.

Nothing has changed.

Peoples piss will be boiling even more on deadline day when the predictable I'm not selling the club statement comes from Fatman which will be followed by Jonas, Enrique, Colo and Xisco being sold and replaced by loanees from Accrington Stanley Macclesfield and Stockport

Just listened to Llambias on that Total Sport show and it's like there's absolutely nothing to worry about. No deadlines, a brilliant squad and a great atmosphere at the training ground. We should be patient with the sale, and the transfer window closing shortly means little.

Happy days.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Just listened to Llambias on that Total Sport show and it's like there's absolutely nothing to worry about. No deadlines, a brilliant squad and a great atmosphere at the training ground. We should be patient with the sale, and the transfer window closing shortly means little.

Happy days.

I agree and he sounded like he was going nowhere :no:

A brilliant squad :lol:

Well that's not exactly word for word tbf but yeah, it's like everything is perfectly fine. He even got in some cliché-tastic 'best fans in the world' bumlicking for good measure.

The thing is, the transfer truly wont effect the club in their minds.

The are thinking with the likes of Campbell, Lovenkrands, Misfud and Ball all on free's and we can always loan players out after the window shuts.. nothing to worry about, if the sale goes through then its not our problem, if it doesnt we will get the signings without breaking the bank, until the next transfer window when we can put the club up for sale again.

Well that's not exactly word for word tbf but yeah, it's like everything is perfectly fine. He even got some cliché-tastic 'best fans in the world' bumlicking for good measure.

Its almost like they learnt nothing from last season

Well that's not exactly word for word tbf but yeah, it's like everything is perfectly fine. He even got in some cliché-tastic 'best fans in the world' bumlicking for good measure.

To be fair he's not far off the mark with the fans comment.  Thought the crowd on Wednesday was great considering the state of the club.

Well that's not exactly word for word tbf but yeah, it's like everything is perfectly fine. He even got some cliché-tastic 'best fans in the world' bumlicking for good measure.

I genuinely think they're just making these decisions as they go along. :neutral:

They're winging it. Crossing their fingers and hoping it all turns up roses. My gut reaction is that Ashley, who admits he's a bit of a gambler, might just hang in there and risk losing more in the hope the current mob can get us back up. That way he can claw back some of his losses.

To be fair he's not far off the mark with the fans comment.  Thought the crowd on Wednesday was great considering the state of the club.

Agreed, I just don't think we need to hear it from one of the wankers responsible for that current state. Patronising.

I genuinely think they're just making these decisions as they go along. :neutral:

They're winging it. Crossing their fingers and hoping it all turns up roses. My gut reaction is that Ashley, who admits he's a bit of a gambler, might just hang in there and risk losing more in the hope the current mob can get us back up. That way he can claw back some of his losses.

And if we don't go back up?

Oh yeah, he just fucks off. No worries.

(Not aimed at you obv.)

And if we don't go back up?

Oh yeah, he just fucks off. No worries.

(Not aimed at you obv.)

If we don't go back up, he's still selling a Championship team but with a greatly reduced overdraft and wage bill in the summer of 2010...

In some ways, he's risking very little if he sticks it out. He's going to lose a load of money whether he sells now or in a years time provide we don't go up or down.

If we don't go back up, he's still selling a Championship team but with a greatly reduced overdraft and wage bill in the summer of 2010...

In some ways, he's risking very little if he sticks it out. He's going to lose a load of money whether he sells now or in a years time provide we don't go up or down.

What happens if we go down again? Sadly its not beyond on the realms of possibility the way the depth of our squad is diminishing.

People putting a brave face on and trying to group together in spite of Ashley.

About an instant away from Boiling point at any moment if you ask me. There is only so much longer the fans will put up with this.

If we continue to sell players, sign no one decent and Ashley is still in charge the club will completely implode after the transfer window shuts.

Alots been made of the players and coaches doing so well despite everything going on, but thats with all the fans being patient.

We have already seen the crumbling effect the fans revolting has on our gutless players. If something doesnt happen before the window, going down again is a huge possibility.

People putting a brave face on and trying to group together in spite of Ashley.

Nowt to do with the fact that people like watching football and even more so if we play well and are winning?

No, you're right its a sub-conscious mass social phenomena of embattlement and defiance in the face of adversity. Of course.

What happens if we go down again? Sadly its not beyond on the realms of possibility the way the depth of our squad is diminishing.

If we go down then he loses the lot.

Judging by the standard of the supposed 'better' teams we've played and beaten tough I can't see us going down.

It's like he's flogging a Championship team on the bones of it's arse now. In a years time he'll stll be selling a Championship team on the bones of it's arse but with a smaller wage bill and no overdraft. Plus it gives him the tiny chance to sell for a higher price if we somehow, miraculously manage to get promoted whilst he still sells off our better players.

He's got very little to lose unfortunately.  :undecided: 

Mate, you're as deluded as the tossers who said it was impossible for anyone worse than Fat Fred to be running the show. There is every chance the club will be relegated. In fact, I still think the aim of Ashley is to totally destroy the club, writing off the losses against something related to his other "business."

A lot of things have to happen between now and next friday for the club to have as much chance as being relegated as staying in the division.

If Taylor goes and Campbell comes in, nowt much has changed. Not saying nothing else will happen but given the pace of change, cant see much difference in the playing staff. Get a proper manager in and we'll win a lot of games.

None of us has a crystal ball, all you can look at is how the team have picked themselves up and started the season.

A lot of things have to happen between now and next friday for the club to have as much chance as being relegated as staying in the division.

If Taylor goes and Campbell comes in, nowt much has changed. Not saying nothing else will happen but given the pace of change, cant see much difference in the playing staff. Get a proper manager in and we'll win a lot of games.

None of us has a crystal ball, all you can look at is how the team have picked themselves up and started the season.

I beg to differ. If Taylor goes and Campbell comes in we are better on the pitch. I understand why people are upset, I am too at the way this smug retard is destroying the club. But Taylor is not a world beater by any stretch, it's just that right now we've let enough players go and so shouldn't be letting him go too without a replacement.