RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A lot of things have to happen between now and next friday for the club to have as much chance as being relegated as staying in the division.

If Taylor goes and Campbell comes in, nowt much has changed. Not saying nothing else will happen but given the pace of change, cant see much difference in the playing staff. Get a proper manager in and we'll win a lot of games.

None of us has a crystal ball, all you can look at is how the team have picked themselves up and started the season.

I beg to differ. If Taylor goes and Campbell comes in we are better on the pitch. I understand why people are upset, I am too at the way this smug retard is destroying the club. But Taylor is not a world beater by any stretch, it's just that right now we've let enough players go and so shouldn't be letting him go too without a replacement.

Well i didnt want to go that far but i'm not one of those crying about the potential loss of Taylor as if he is replaced by Campbell, that would be fine by me.

I think we are at the limit of letting players go now, anymore without adequate replacement and you would be right in thinking the season looks more than tough.

If Barton, Jonas and Guthrie stay, i reckon we'll be doing alright.

Find a Job Dating Wine E-Editions Feedback My Stories

Friday, Aug 21 2009 This Morning  12°C  This Afternoon 19°C  5-Day Forecast

Newcastle sale boost: Llambias closes on £100m deal for Championship club

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 1:34 AM on 21st August 2009

Newcastle's Derek Llambias gave the clearest indication yet that the troubled Championship club are on the verge of being sold.

After months of impasse, the managing director admitted that the consortium being led by local businessman Barry Moat - who are likely to appoint Alan Shearer as manager - is now 'there or thereabouts'.

Current owner Mike Ashley has been trying to sell the club for a reduced price of £100m since Newcastle's relegation from the Premier League.

Ashley flew into the club's training ground this week for talks and was seen with Moat at St James' Park last Saturday

A lot of things have to happen between now and next friday for the club to have as much chance as being relegated as staying in the division.

If Taylor goes and Campbell comes in, nowt much has changed. Not saying nothing else will happen but given the pace of change, cant see much difference in the playing staff. Get a proper manager in and we'll win a lot of games.

None of us has a crystal ball, all you can look at is how the team have picked themselves up and started the season.

I beg to differ. If Taylor goes and Campbell comes in we are better on the pitch. I understand why people are upset, I am too at the way this smug retard is destroying the club. But Taylor is not a world beater by any stretch, it's just that right now we've let enough players go and so shouldn't be letting him go too without a replacement.

Well i didnt want to go that far but i'm not one of those crying about the potential loss of Taylor as if he is replaced by Campbell, that would be fine by me.

I think we are at the limit of letting players go now, anymore without adequate replacement and you would be right in thinking the season looks more than tough.

If Barton, Jonas and Guthrie stay, i reckon we'll be doing alright.

But thats ignoring our consistantly massive problem with injuries.

We need several players in now without even thinking of replacing people, i wouldnt be suprised if we have the worst recent injury history of near every team in English football. That risk is increased even further with the extra games they'll now be playing this season.

So it seems incredibly likely that we will get injurys to important first team players. So far its been Butt, Guthrie, Bartons had a twinge & now carroll out. This is after only 3 games.

If we lose a centre back right now, we have to play a kid from the youth team. If Enrique gets injured, we have barely any decent replacement. Without Barton/guthrie alone we dont look that capable. The only reason we won wednesday was Ameobis confidence, on any other day thats a 0-0 draw and thats the most we deserved. Problem is, we could be playing with a worse side than that for much of the season. We have to add to our squad, we will have a massively hard time otherwise.

A brilliant squad :lol:

Well that's not exactly word for word tbf but yeah, it's like everything is perfectly fine. He even got in some cliché-tastic 'best fans in the world' bumlicking for good measure.

To be fair he's not far off the mark with the fans comment.  Thought the crowd on Wednesday was great considering the state of the club.

People putting a brave face on and trying to group together in spite of Ashley.

Nowt to do with the fact that people like watching football and even more so if we play well and are winning?

No, you're right its a sub-conscious mass social phenomena of embattlement and defiance in the face of adversity. Of course.

Chez Given in revelation that people go to a football ground to watch football. Earth shattering.

They would even like to see the team they support win and play well too? I had taken it for granted that the people that "Support" a football team would turn up and probably do the above.

You may have missed it. We have an owner called Mike Ashley who has upset a lot of people by making alot of stupid decisions,  that have cost the club alot of money and its premiership status. During this time alot of fans ripped up season tickets, refused to renew, some people even protested, some during matches which affected players on and off the pitch. You might have missed that too. I might leave the NUSC out as you obviously have alot to catch up on.

My opinion, which you might have also missed is that there are alot of fans, maybe the majority that are coming to games putting up with the present situation, holding on to the weekly hope the club will be sold and the mess will be sorted.

I think there is a good chance you might see the attendence fall, season tickets ripped up and protests come the end of the window, if the sale isnt completed and players brought in. 

The fact remains we will always have supporters that will just continue to put a brave face on and try to group together in spite of Ashley.

That might be pretty obvious though, unless you missed it.

A brilliant squad :lol:

Well that's not exactly word for word tbf but yeah, it's like everything is perfectly fine. He even got in some cliché-tastic 'best fans in the world' bumlicking for good measure.

To be fair he's not far off the mark with the fans comment.  Thought the crowd on Wednesday was great considering the state of the club.

People putting a brave face on and trying to group together in spite of Ashley.

Nowt to do with the fact that people like watching football and even more so if we play well and are winning?

No, you're right its a sub-conscious mass social phenomena of embattlement and defiance in the face of adversity. Of course.

Chez Given in revelation that people go to a football ground to watch football. Earth shattering.

They would even like to see the team they support win and play well too? I had taken it for granted that the people that "Support" a football team would turn up and probably do the above.

You may have missed it. We have an owner called Mike Ashley who has upset a lot of people by making alot of stupid decisions,  that have cost the club alot of money and its premiership status. During this time alot of fans ripped up season tickets, refused to renew, some people even protested, some during matches which affected players on and off the pitch. You might have missed that too. I might leave the NUSC out as you obviously have alot to catch up on.

My opinion, which you might have also missed is that there are alot of fans, maybe the majority that are coming to games putting up with the present situation, holding on to the weekly hope the club will be sold and the mess will be sorted.

I think there is a good chance you might see the attendence fall, season tickets ripped up and protests come the end of the window, if the sale isnt completed and players brought in.   

The fact remains we will always have supporters that will just continue to put a brave face on and try to group together in spite of Ashley.

That might be pretty obvious though, unless you missed it.

What on earth prompted that?

Radio Newcastle this morning stating Ashley has given Moat until 5pm tonight to get it sorted.

I hope that's true one way or the other (hoping Ashley fucks off of course), but I highly doubt it. 'Sources' will deny it in the Chronicle.

Found their source of this, it's the Times

Nowt on the website.

Yeah I noticed that, so did BBC cause they didn't link to it like they normally do. Could have course be a Radio Newcastle exclusive which late editions of the Times have picked up on. Either way hope it's true.

Guest helios_centric

5pm will come and go and nothing will happen. Just another one of MA's "deadlines" which he makes up in the bath the night before.

I totally agree with that, apart from the bath bit. I think he's too fat to get out of a bath these days, although perhaps he has some kind of motorised mechanism to hoist himself out.

If everything is in place for the Moat deal to complete then the only obsticle would be Ashley.

It is like buying a house but, obvioulsy on a far grander scale.  You get a call from the solicitor to go and sign because the money has transfered and once you have signed you can collect the keys to start moving your stuff in.

Recon Barry Moat has a van full of stuff waiting to get the keys for his new office in St James'

Guest Roger Kint

Mate, you're as deluded as the tossers who said it was impossible for anyone worse than Fat Fred to be running the show. There is every chance the club will be relegated. In fact, I still think the aim of Ashley is to totally destroy the club, writing off the losses against something related to his other "business."

Sure it was explained before that the only losses Ashley can 'claim' are those between the purchase price of £132m and whatever happens to the club. Its a bit rich calling people deluded tossers when your claim is even more backward imo

5pm will come and go and nothing will happen. Just another one of MA's "deadlines" which he makes up in the bath the night before.

:pow: