RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest dazzanufc1892

good knews its now confirmed theyre here.

Im going to just give a positive view here.

Perhaps, the story that they want a good communication with the fan are here. The have contacted SSN and are finally letting fans know what is happening. The have flown over to tie up the loose ends of a deal which could take 2/3 days, much like the man city deal did. If you remember, man city were not bought until 3 days after the transfer window, but an initial deal was signed, and city signed players with the new owners money. We could have a similar situation where they have waited until the last day, hoping to squeeze the price, knowing due to the international break, they can have time this week to bring in a new manager and not upset a squad midweek.

If it is sold in the next 2 days, it would just be our fucking luck that it is sold on the 2nd of September, the first full day with the window closed :lol:

Why does everyone think this is such a big deal?  It's not like we have any money to buy new players anyway.  We're only going to get loans/free as it stands.  I think being sold after the window closing is being made out to be a bigger deal than it actually is.  I never expected us to buy anyone.  Don't we have something like another month to bring in loan players and we can sign free players whenever.

I'd rather us just be bought, I don't care if it happens before or after the window closes.

David Craig has had call from 'American Investment Group'.

- They're in talks with Ashley directly.

- Landed in England today

- To have talks with Ashley/DL in the next 48 hours

I am sorry if i am a little negative...

But it does not add up imo.

Who would a serious investment group call DC, to tell them where they are in the prosess?

Does that mean that DC knows the identety of the bidder then?

I dont get it...

Big Ashleys PR people, just get over the transfer deadline, then drop the curtain :undecided:

good knews its now confirmed theyre here.

Im going to just give a positive view here.

Perhaps, the story that they want a good communication with the fan are here. The have contacted SSN and are finally letting fans know what is happening. The have flown over to tie up the loose ends of a deal which could take 2/3 days, much like the man city deal did. If you remember, man city were not bought until 3 days after the transfer window, but an initial deal was signed, and city signed players with the new owners money. We could have a similar situation where they have waited until the last day, hoping to squeeze the price, knowing due to the international break, they can have time this week to bring in a new manager and not upset a squad midweek.

I wish and hope your optimism to be true.

So is American Investment Group the name of their company or are they an American investment group?

I don't know, but I'm sure DC said 'I've just come off the phone with a member of the American Investment Group' or something of that nature.

EDIT: I'll change title just to make sure.

Guest burtyboy

do you reckon if everyone farte at the same time at the match tonight that the ref would have to take the players off the pitch for a 2 minute time out?

and could you smell it in byker?? :kinnear:

It seems wierd to me that they've contacted ssn directly.  A bit publicity hungry, but haven't said who they are.  Craig said they had given him names and numbers that he couldn't disclose.  I'm not that optimistic tbh.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Wasn't one of them supposed to already be in London some days ago? What's this, he called for reinforcements to face Ashley? Mah...Nothing really new to me.

I know we're not being sold before the window shuts and that we're not buying anyone, but I would like to hear at least some rumours about loans negotiations! Maybe even for those we need to wait for "the end of the next week". Bloody hell.

It seems wierd to me that they've contacted ssn directly.  A bit publicity hungry, but haven't said who they are.  Craig said they had given him names and numbers that he couldn't disclose.  I'm not that optimistic tbh.

Maybe something, maybe nothing, but if they already have experience of sports investment in the states then they'll know that over there media is king. If you don't build up a good rapport with the tv and press then you're knackered.

But, might just be Craig getting ideas above his station - again.