RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we're getting far too worked up about all this ITK nonsense. It's fun to speculate, but let's not take it too seriously. We'll know what is happening when it happens, and it seems like it won't be too long, according to what Lamb-Arse said to SSN.

How does Alan Kennedy know anyway? Does he work at the club? I don't think he does, does he?

Nope he doesn't. But Macca supposed source was said to have left NUFC in the later part of the seventies for a Top Division Club with which he is still involved. Alan Kennedy writes columns on the official Liverpool website so that was the first name that came to my mind.

I'd like Moat just for the fact that he is a Newcastle fan and has the club at heart, but I won't be gutted if somebody else buys the club. Anything as long as Ashley goes. I know we said the same about Shepherd thinking things could only get better with a new owner, but surely nobody else is gonna buy this club without a plan and knowledge.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/6048935/Newcastles-Mike-Ashley-holds-firm-on-100m-sale-price-as-pressure-mounts-on-Barry-Moat.html

"There are three parties now interested in buying the club from Mike Ashley of which Barry Moat is and one thing in common for all of them is that the asking price is £100 million all ways round," a reliable source close to the Newcastle board told Telegraph Sport.

"Moat can now be considered as the outsider of three but if the business is not concluded by Friday then there is a problem and there is a good chance the club will be taken off the market."

??? :lol:

Looks like it was written by a blithering idiot.

Guest neesy111

How does Alan Kennedy know anyway? Does he work at the club? I don't think he does, does he?

Nope he doesn't. But Macca supposed source was said to have left NUFC in the later part of the seventies for a Top Division Club with which he is still involved. Alan Kennedy writes columns on the official Liverpool website so that was the first name that came to my mind.

Could it be Terry Mac?

Sounds plausible, and no denial from Macca so you could be right ;)

But it still doesn't explain how Alan Kennedy would know what is going on at NUFC. :)

I'd like Moat just for the fact that he is a Newcastle fan and has the club at heart, but I won't be gutted if somebody else buys the club. Anything as long as Ashley goes. I know we said the same about Shepherd thinking things could only get better with a new owner, but surely nobody else is gonna buy this club without a plan and knowledge.

Word of warning, there've been many other geordie "fans" in charge of newcastle over the years, not many of them would be accused of putting the clubs best interests at heart. One you even mention in your post.

Could it be Terry Mac?

Don't know, but the source was supposed to still be involved with the same club he left NUFC for so my money's on Kennedy.

Word of warning, there've been many other geordie "fans" in charge of newcastle over the years, not many of them would be accused of putting the clubs best interests at heart. One you even mention in your post.

Did Shepherd ever go to watch Newcastle as a fan before being involved with the club though?

But it still doesn't explain how Alan Kennedy would know what is going on at NUFC. :)

He used to play for Liverpool so he may be getting his info off Terry Mac who he used to play with.

He used to play for Liverpool so he may be getting his info off Terry Mac who he used to play with.

As I said, it's only a qualified guess. He was the first that came to mind, don't know which other players went to Top Division clubs that are still involved with them. Long before my time.

As I said, it's only a qualified guess. He was the first that came to mind, don't know which other players went to Top Division clubs that are still involved with them. Long before my time.

If its Kennedy he'd have heard it off Terry Mac.