RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WTF is this Graham Roberts thing about? It's now completely surreal. 

GRAHAM ROBERTS? He was sacked from his last job at Clyde or wherever for fiddling the expenses wasn't he?

This is like a bad dream.

Graham ROBERTS?

Is he another pal of Llambias? Another Iranian type plant, because nothing else makes sense?

Wait till you find out who is alongside him in the bid!!!

Dennis Wise?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/18/ashley-at-training-ground-but-not-for-takeover-talks-61634-24469291/

Ashley at training ground but not for takeover talks

Some reports had suggested the visit meant talks over a £100m deal for the Magpies were nearing a close, but Ashley's PR spokesman Jonathon Brill added: "There's no D-Day tomorrow as far as I'm aware."

Ashley's PR spokesman?

That guy has the easiest job in history.

J Brill - "Right Mike, what do you want me to say to the waiting press and Newcastle fans waiting for news?"

M Ashley - "Tell 'em Fuck all"

J Brill - "Done!"

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/18/ashley-at-training-ground-but-not-for-takeover-talks-61634-24469291/

Ashley at training ground but not for takeover talks

Some reports had suggested the visit meant talks over a £100m deal for the Magpies were nearing a close, but Ashley's PR spokesman Jonathon Brill added: "There's no D-Day tomorrow as far as I'm aware."

Spokes person says tomorrow...however the day mooted is supposed to be Thursday.  

http://www.kodak.com/US/images/en/corp/1000words/jennyc/joelStraws.jpg

Hughton already said Ashley did not talk about the takeover BUT even if he had Hughton was not going to say so, what just coz the Chron run with what Hughton said its all doom and gloom, nothing was going to happen today anyway. Tomorrow and Thursday may be the days or we may have to wait until Friday but howay lads we have waited this long.

Damn.  I really thought something was going to happen.  :(

who says its not, lee ryder hasnt got a single thing right on the takeover

Lee Ryder is one of the worst journalists out there, keep the faith i say it will happen

Guest Soundas

I would of thought something would of been announced just to get more people at the game tomorrow.

Quicker these clowns piss off the better.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Absolute joke of a day

MA turning up just to take the piss. He could have had the 'Duff' paperwork faxed to him.

What did you want?

"Ashley tells squad club sold Shearer incharge tomorrow"

Even if he had told them that Hughton was not going to be the one to break the news to the media, as soon as Moat seals the deal SSN will be told and the official site will have an update, could be tomorrow morning may not be for a few more days.

Guest johny2k

hughton didn't even know that Duff,Martins, Beye et al were sold probably until he read it on news now like the rest of us so him knowing whether Ashley was talking about takeover is highly unlikely. Nice guy but knows about as much as us it would seem!

I don't see how the fact Ashley's trip to whever wasn't specifically to seal the deal immediately obliterates all of the "in discussions with Moat" stuff, calm down.

I don't see how because Moat was sitting next to Ashley that anyone believes this thing is going to be done anytime soon.

Nothing suggests that our takeover is close.

I don't see how the fact Ashley's trip to whever wasn't specifically to seal the deal immediately obliterates all of the "in discussions with Moat" stuff, calm down.

I don't see how because Moat was sitting next to Ashley that anyone believes this thing is going to be done anytime soon.

Nothing suggests that our takeover is close.

That pretty much suggests it to me. I can't see why either party would want to go through such a charade unless something was happening.