RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest johnson293

Graham Roberts going to be on SSN shortly talking about fronting a consortium. He's involved with David Speedie and the trust apparently in trying to raise the money through the fans. I was behind the NUSC/NUST initially but Roberts, as nice a bloke as he is, is a clown and this sounds like a very half arsed effort just to get a bit of publicity.

Aye, because he loves us as much as we love him, eh??!!!

Colo and Barton out, Lovenkrands and Campbell in

WOW, what a start. Sincerely hope that's complete and utter bullshit

Aye should just be Lovenkrands and Campbell in

Coloccini can go back to the Simpsons.

If we can get this takeover complete this week then that might give us time to get Campbell in (considering he is supposed to be signing without the takeover), and sell Coloccini if there are any takers and buy a suitable Championship experienced centre back next week.

I hate the view on the index page when this thread is the most recent topic "SSN: Club confirm.." - I keep thinking there's another update and it's going to be "confirm sale ... " etc.  :kinnear:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/18/ashley-at-training-ground-but-not-for-takeover-talks-61634-24469291/

Ashley at training ground but not for takeover talks

Aug 18 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Add a comment

Recommend

TOON owner Mike Ashley has flown into Newcastle United's training ground but rumours that a deal for the club was imminent have been played down.

The Chronicle understands the sportswear chief's appearance was just a routine visit to finalise some paperwork ahead of the home game with Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow.

A United source said: "It is nothing to get excited about, it was a routine visit, Mike was here to sign some paperwork relating to Damien Duff's transfer and the launch of the third kit.

"It is not the first time he has been at the training ground recently, and it won't be the last."

Caretaker boss Chris Hughton said: "He came in, wished everyone the best for the Sheffield Wednesday game, and just wanted to tell people he wouldn't be at the match."

But on the takeover Hughton said: "We want it resolved, if it's not it's news every single day."

Some reports had suggested the visit meant talks over a £100m deal for the Magpies were nearing a close, but Ashley's PR spokesman Jonathon Brill added: "There's no D-Day tomorrow as far as I'm aware."

Fans have been desperately hoping for news on the sale of the club with tycoon Barry Moat still in the running.

Speculation he was ready to take control only increased when he was spotted sitting next to Ashley at the Reading game on Saturday.

But a club spokesman refused to comment on that matter when quizzed after the 3-0 victory.

Meanwhile former Rangers and Tottenham star Graham Roberts claims he is spearheading a takeover of the Magpies on behalf of little known supporter group Fans 410.

The Glasgow-based 50-year-old claims that Toon fans would have to "get involved" in the takeover via the Supporters Trust and that mystery funds worth £100million would be made available if they are successful.

However, early indications of the mooted takeover have been ignored by Seymour Pierce indicating they have a little chance of being contenders.

Roberts said today: "We want fans to get involved and we are looking forward to meeting each other.

"We want to make it a debt free club, I can't go into real detail at the moment, it's ongoing.

"We have tried Seymour Pierce and Mr Harris would not even come on the phone.

"One of the directors of the company I am helping has Derek Llambias' number and he will contact him."

Yet this audacious claim has already been privately played down by the club.

Coloccini will be absolutely fine in this league given a few games to adjust. I don't want him going anywhere

Coloccini has already been fine in this league, we might find that out when he leaves and we have to chuck someone from the reserves in.

Coloccini will be absolutely fine in this league given a few games to adjust. I don't want him going anywhere

Wages though? If there is a taker and we could replace him with an experienced defender on much smaller wages it would make more sense to do that. If we do go back up then we will still be in the same situation of either having to replace Coloccini after paying him his huge wages for a whole season, or replacing the defender we brought in who we would have been paying smaller wages. I'm not doubting that Coloccini will be fine in this league, but he does seem a bit expensive when we could definitely get someone cheaper in who could do a just as effective or even better job in this division.

WTF is this Graham Roberts thing about? It's now completely surreal. 

GRAHAM ROBERTS? He was sacked from his last job at Clyde or wherever for fiddling the expenses wasn't he?

This is like a bad dream.

Graham ROBERTS?

Is he another pal of Llambias? Another Iranian type plant, because nothing else makes sense?

From Skunkers re Graham Roberts bid:

can't say much as have signed confidentiality agreements

its a hybrid real madrid model as i see it (not same as barca but similar)

will reduce debt to nil IF it works

as far as i know the funding model is in place and the intellectual rights to the model secured

I don't pretend to understand how the model works BUT fan representation is at the centre of it hence the involvement of the trust - there will be a list of members similar to barca/madrid

I understood they were speaking to harris last week thurs/fri BUT perhaps harris is trying to push the moat deal through - this might just spur things along

that's about all i can really say i think and that's probably too much!

GRAHAM ROBERTS? He was sacked from his last job at Clyde or wherever for fiddling the expenses wasn't he?

Graham ROBERTS?

Is he another pal of Llambias? Another Iranian type plant, because nothing else makes sense?

Wait till you find out who is alongside him in the bid!!!

Graham ROBERTS?

Wait till you find out who is alongside him in the bid!!!

Shirley Bassy?

will reduce debt to nil IF it works

Heard that before.

I don't pretend to understand how the model works

"Give us yer fucking money", Bob Geldof style by the sounds of it.