RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5420948,00.html

The Malaysian sports minister Datur Ahmad Shabery Cheek believes his country can only benefit if Newcastle are bought by a Far East consortium.

The comments came after representatives from a Malaysian group interested in buying the Magpies visited the club for a second time on Tuesday.

The governor added that such a takeover from Mike Ashley would have a major impact on the development of football in his country.

Toon fans are growing anxious with no new owners and therefore no manager in place with the start of the season just a month away.

"We should be proud if it really happens that a Malaysian is involved in such a huge transaction," he said.

"It's not impossible and I hope it goes through.

"It can have a big impact on the development of Malaysian football."

The Malaysian sports minister Datur Ahmad Shabery Cheek believes his country can only benefit if Newcastle are bought by a Far East consortium.

The comments came after representatives from a Malaysian group interested in buying the Magpies visited the club for a second time on Tuesday.

The governor added that such a takeover from Mike Ashley would have a major impact on the development of football in his country.

Toon fans are growing anxious with no new owners and therefore no manager in place with the start of the season just a month away.

"We should be proud if it really happens that a Malaysian is involved in such a huge transaction," he said.

It will have a massive fkn impact on Malaysian football, when we send them Shola on loan.

It will have a massive fkn impact on Malaysian football, when we send them Shola on loan.

And Alan Smith will be their new icon, everyone will bleach their hair and cut it like he does.

PS - does Smudger realize that NOBODY bleaches their hair anymore?

I hate to say it, but Shola could be an actual improvement over our current batch

It's not just the fact that the Malaysians are loaded which makes me favour them, it would really put us on the map in Asia as a club if we get back in the premier. Financially it could be massive for us as a club.

anyone else think of a club where so much is talked about takeovers and so little happens?

SHUT THE FUCK up and take the place over gobshite or fuck off

Who are you talking about? ???

anyone else think of a club where so much is talked about takeovers and so little happens?

The gobshite cunt who might be taking over our club.

Brilliant, isnt it. Thats the level of perspective some people have on this.

The gobshite cunt who might be taking over our club.

Brilliant, isnt it. Thats the level of perspective some people have on this.

wow you two are such a couple of tree hugging hippy arseholes...

i'm saying stop dropping chopper ride stories and just buy the club...again, name me a longer more excrutiating takeover

oh, you can't

You think he should stop flying in his helicopter now?, anymore demands? :D  I didn't say anything about the takeover..  I just found it funny that he hasn't said a word about it, in fact he's said nothing publicly about Newcastle, and you called him a gob shite and told him a shut up :lol:

KUALA LUMPUR, July 8 — Reclusive media and telecoms tycoon T. Ananda Krishnan today denied any interest in buying Newcastle United, the English club that was relegated from the Premier League and is on sale for £100 million (RM576 million).

His privately-held Usaha Tegas Sdn Bhd said in a statement that the tycoon has denied stories that he is interested in the football club.

“There is in fact no truth or foundation to this story. Mr Ananda Krishnan has not expressed an interest in purchasing Newcastle United Football Club, has not sent any delegation to Newcastle to engage in such talks or authorised any representatives to negotiate on his behalf and is not considering any such purchase,” the statement said.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/sports/31753-ak-denies-interest-in-magpies

You think he should stop flying in his helicopter now?, anymore demands?

I just found it funny that he hasn't said a word about a takeover, in fact he's said nothing publicly about Newcastle, and you called him a gob shite and told him a shut up :lol:

sorry avril, i admit it was more a generic denouement of what's going on - the "talk" we see everyday and that most people on the board wank themselves over is nothing but

my point, if you could read between lines, being if there was less talk there'd be more buy

but anyway carry on

EDIT: i see you did read between the lines, plurk

I just found it funny that he hasn't said a word about a takeover, in fact he's said nothing publicly about Newcastle, and you called him a gob shite and told him a shut up :lol:

sorry avril, i admit it was more a generic denouement of what's going on - the "talk" we see everyday and that most people on the board wank themselves over is nothing but

my point, if you could read between lines, being if there was less talk there'd be more buy

but anyway carry on

It was fucking comedy gold is what it was! :lol:  I wouldn't put it past you to have thought the Sports Ministers comments above were from that Krishnan bloke.

but anyway carry on

It was fucking comedy gold is what it was! :lol:  I wouldn't put it past you to have thought the Sports Ministers comments above were from that Krishnan bloke.

i have no response to this i really don't

KUALA LUMPUR, July 8 — Reclusive media and telecoms tycoon T. Ananda Krishnan today denied any interest in buying Newcastle United, the English club that was relegated from the Premier League and is on sale for £100 million (RM576 million).

His privately-held Usaha Tegas Sdn Bhd said in a statement that the tycoon has denied stories that he is interested in the football club.

“There is in fact no truth or foundation to this story. Mr Ananda Krishnan has not expressed an interest in purchasing Newcastle United Football Club, has not sent any delegation to Newcastle to engage in such talks or authorised any representatives to negotiate on his behalf and is not considering any such purchase,” the statement said.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/sports/31753-ak-denies-interest-in-magpies

"Shut it gobshite"