RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But but but...we have AT LEAST TWO bids of £100m.

I hate you Derek, you s***.

Spot on :lol:

s'all in the semantics. were the bids of 100mill window price but we'll give you nowt for the debt etc.

the press haven't helped in the lack of clarity in their reporting whilst the fans have jumped on every word as a literal truth (when it suits).

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Lambas says it's a case of first over the finish line, I thought that was £100m and we have already recieved 2 bids of that amount???

Confused .com ???

s'all in the semantics. were the bids of 100mill window price but we'll give you nowt for the debt etc.

the press haven't helped in the lack of clarity in their reporting whilst the fans have jumped on every word as a literal truth (when it suits).

Any interested parties have signed a NDA...

The press don't know anything and are just guessing...

The supporters are bloody nervous and cling onto anything tangible like a quote...

Who gives the quotes and could make it all clear if he wanted to and, as before, is absolutely shit at managing our expectations? You guessed it..

Can't believe Ashley hires a professional PR man (apparently) then lets this idiot run riot with one of his biggest assets..

I think what Llambias meant by first over the finish line, was whoever is first to complete the legal work and all this in-depth investigation of the finances.

What seems clear is that Ashley is only prepared to deal with people who are prepared to meet the £100m price. He announced the price at the start to prevent people from haggling over smaller amounts, which can be the real time waster, and obviously is what lots of businessmen love to do, especially at the later stages of negotiation.

It's difficult to pinpoint the value of a football club, and saying that the club is worth £70m not £100m is just an artificial pose. The Profitable Group know the boundaries that Ashley has set, know full well that their bid won't get accepted, and are doing it for the publicity again.

just got back from holidays expecting this to be over long ago, I sign on to see who we have signed and were still fannying around! for christs sake its less than 3 weeks until our first game, how the hell is anyone supposed to compete for the league like this?

"The Board of Newcastle United can today confirm that the club is for sale at the price of £100m."

"There have been more than two bids at £100m."

Yes, I can see how the press have been confusing matters.

Guest Roger Kint

"The Board of Newcastle United can today confirm that the club is for sale at the price of £100m."

"There have been more than two bids at £100m."

Yes, I can see how the press have been confusing matters.

Clearly a bid of £100m flat is not the same as £100m plus the overdraft and whatever else Ashley wants repaid out of our debts. Its pretty simple to be honest.

Guest ObaStar

'Is Roy Keane a problem?'

:lol:

Only for a celibate canine.

I've never understood those comments. Is there some back story to it? or is it just cause hes irish

Guest Roger Kint

'Sunday Sun has learned that under 15,000 new season tickets have been sold.'

They may know this as fact but they later guess the 3 year deals at 'several thousand' which quite frankly is nothing but a randon number to spruce the story up. Nearly every fan i know has one and thats just my local......i would say 3 year deals(both kinds as one was not refundable) were considerably higher.

Figures in excess of 25000 would be a fairer amount. Given the utter shambles we are in thats actually very impressive if albeit totally crazy

Guest Wally_McFool

Figures in excess of 25000 would be a fairer amount.

If you say so. I consider meself telt!

Guest Roger Kint

Figures in excess of 25000 would be a fairer amount.

If you say so. I consider meself telt!

Why did you write the article? :facepalm:

Guest Roger Kint

No! Do you work for the ticket office?

My point proven. Neither does Neil Farrington to my knowledge. A quick sift through his backlog of articles highlights a fair level of guesswork and unfounded claims. By all means you stuff your face with the scraps of what journalists feed you but dont be shocked when another juicy titbit they throw at you is nothing but fat and grissle.

Guest Roger Kint

Sorry for breathing, your highness!   :laugh2:

If thats the best response you can manage then dont feel you have to on my account. You missread an unproven article, no need to get arsey dear :iamatwat:

Guest Roger Kint

By all means you stuff your face with the scraps of what journalists feed you but dont be shocked when another juicy titbit they throw at you is nothing but fat and grissle.

Sorry for breathing, your highness!   :laugh2:

You should apologise for making a mess of quoting me too. Anyway not going to clog up the thread with your razorlike wit and reading skills, not fair on the rest of the forum.