RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The cars outside SJP could quite easily have belonged to the players who were doing the shirt signing. But, I do get  an awful feeling Shepherd will get his horrible hands on the Club.

I know it's all been said before, but right now when compared to Ashley - Shepherd looks like a godsend. (Even if he's not a tight rein he could truly destroy the club forever.)  :(

Guest firetotheworks

The cars outside SJP could quite easily have belonged to the players who were doing the shirt signing. But, I do get  an awful feeling Shepherd will get his horrible hands on the Club.

Couldnt give a fuck anymore tbh. Id take him in a flash now.

Couldnt give a fuck anymore tbh. Id take him in a flash now.

I've always thought that had Shepherd being playing with his own, hard-earned cash then he'd have been a bit more prudent. Credit to him for finding the cash to back his bosses but he wouldn't have handed his own cash over as readily as he did to the likes of Souness imo. The brakes would have been applied quick-sharp and rightly so.

If he does come back then I hope he's learned a few lessons. 

Some thing postive from the press regarding Big Al situation

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/24/alan-shearer-newcastle-united-takeover

Alan Shearer has no intention of giving up on his wish to become Newcastle United's manager as he waits for new owners to take control of the floundering Championship club.

Comments made by Shearer's close friend Rob Lee today suggested Shearer had run out of patience because of the delay in Mike Ashley's search for a buyer willing to match his £100m asking price and was set to walk away from the club. But that has been denied by Shearer, with sources close to the former England international adamant he is still committed to becoming Newcastle's permanent manager after eight games at the helm last season.

A source said: "There is no chance Alan will give up on becoming Newcastle United's permanent manager. He will not walk away and he continues to wait for news regarding the sale of the club."

Shearer is undoubtedly frustrated at the lack of progress being made in the sale process, particularly as a number of players he earmarked to strengthen the squad for a Championship promotion push have moved to other clubs.

The full-back Chris Gunter has signed for Nottingham Forest, Fraizer Campbell has gone to local rivals Sunderland and Ched Evans, the young Manchester City striker, today completed a £3m move to Sheffield United.

However, Shearer still believes he will become manager once a takeover has been completed and there has been discreet contact with several of the consortiums negotiating with Seymour Pierce, the investment bank in charge of finding a buyer.

Nevertheless, it is looking increasingly unlikely Shearer will be in charge when Newcastle travel to West Bromwich Albion on 9 August as the proposed sale of the club drags into a third month.

United's players have been told to expect Chris Hughton still to be caretaker manager when the new season gets under way. Although several groups remain interested in pushing through a deal, the problems of managing the club's £35m overdraft, and a wage bill which stands at more than £65m a year, means it is taking longer than anticipated for anything to be finalised.

Couldnt give a f*** anymore tbh. Id take him in a flash now.

I remember how relieved I was when Shepherd was forced out and we got our own "Billionaire" (at last) at the club, who was going to take us on onward and upward to the next level.

'It seemed like Heaven' . . .

Now, I realise that Shepherd is 1,000,000,000,000,000 times BETTER than MA, who is undoubtedly the 'stupidest' man in football (and that's saying something!) Just to have someone owning us who CARES about our club (like we do) as Shepherd also certainly does, and who actually lives and works here in Newcastle, will be FANTASTIC in itself!

I remember how relieved I was when Shepherd was forced out and we got our own "Billionaire" (at last) at the club, who was going to take us on onward and upward to the next level.

Now, I realise that Shepherd is 1,000,000,000,000,000 times BETTER than MA, who is undoubtedly the 'stupidest' man in football (and that's saying something!) Just to have someone owning us who CARES about our club (like we do) as Shepherd also certainly does, and who actually lives and works here in Newcastle, will be FANTASTIC in itself!

If you are being sarcastic, I apologise. If not, all I can say is you're far too changeable in your opinions.

Guest Brazilianbob

Shepherd loves NUFC and like us he sometimes ( ok always) lets his heart rule his head, but isn't that what supporting NUFC is all about.  We have just had three years of a man who tried to make sensible business decisions by sticking to budget and refusing to strengthen the team when it needed it and look where that has got us.  Give me FS any day with his gung ho I love nufc heart on sleeve attitude to our club.  It's what we need to get out of the CCC.

Fuking hell man, FFS would do me right now as well, i feel sick saying it but there you go, this has gone on far too long.

I'd rather Ashley just man up and deal with the mess himself and get the club back on track, but that isn't going to happen, what is happening right now is the worst thing possible, stalemate and the long it goes the more damage the club takes, FFS coming in would be better than that, short term anyway.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

A bit of news for you all, now my brother who is an established architect in the capital is building a large property for a client and when he recognised his geordie accent he happened to mention that his brother who's a surgeon was in talks with Keith Harris to buy the Toon. He said he thought it was shit until the guys son confirmed it today.....      Watch this space ???

A bit of news for you all, now my brother who is an established architect in the capital is building a large property for a client and when he recognised his geordie accent he happened to mention that his brother who's a surgeon was in talks with Keith Harris to buy the Toon. He said he thought it was shit until the guys son confirmed it today.....      Watch this space ???

:lol:

Guest Roger Kint

A bit of news for you all, now my brother who is an established architect in the capital is building a large property for a client and when he recognised his geordie accent he happened to mention that his brother who's a surgeon was in talks with Keith Harris to buy the Toon. He said he thought it was s*** until the guys son confirmed it today.....      Watch this space ???

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1355/92666740.th.jpg

:pow:

If you are being sarcastic, I apologise. If not, all I can say is you're far too changeable in your opinions.

GOOD GRIEF MAN - have you NEVER lived?

I have described exactly how I (and tens of thousands of others) felt at that time.  Shepherd (the 'poor' only a millionaire, and be-smircher of Geordie Women) was GONE and our 'white knight' a BILLIONAIRE (and a rare British one to boot) had bought us!

Killed two birds with one stone.

FANTASTIC times ahead!

Now, along with the rest of those 'tens of thousands', I have learnt that I was wrong . . . SO VERY WRONG.

Many of us on here, have learnt that!

It is NOT about (what did you say) "us/me being too changeable in our opinions" (good heavens man!!!!) the FACTS have changed.

No, I'm sorry, that statement by you is one of the silliest things I have read in years.  The FACTS have changed, we have learned about Ashley, we are big enough (me and most people I know) to admit that we were wrong about Ashley, and many of us feel quite 'fondly' about the prospect of possibly welcoming the Newcastle-based (lover of our club) Freddie Shepherd back.

What on earth is wrong about that???

Shepherd doesn't love Newcastle United.  He robbed the club of millions over the years as it got further and further into debt, would any of you do that?, because I fucking wouldn't!  Shepherd loves being in charge of the club, which isn't really the same thing.

Having said that I'd definitely prefer him here then Ashley, since at least loving being in charge means he's motivated to make the club successful.

Shepherd doesn't love Newcastle United.  He robbed the club of millions over the years as it got further and further into debt, would any of you do that?, because I f***ing wouldn't!  Shepherd loves being in charge of the club, which isn't really the same thing.

Having said that I'd definitely prefer him here then Ashley, since at least loving being in charge means he's motivated to make the club successful.

We all have our own fairly specific interpretation and assessment of him (Shepherd) and we rarely (if ever) let other peoples opinions on him, influence our own hard-set views!

We have these certainties, even though most of us have not met him and do not know him well enough to be able to make any judgements at all.

That will not stop us though . . . and I think I include me in that!

Guest getalife

Some thing postive from the press regarding Big Al situation

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/24/alan-shearer-newcastle-united-takeover

However, Shearer still believes he will become manager once a takeover has been completed and there has been discreet contact with several of the consortiums negotiating with Seymour Pierce, the investment bank in charge of finding a buyer.

By Shearer (or his advisors).....?  

O0

Shepherd doesn't love Newcastle United.  He robbed the club of millions over the years as it got further and further into debt, would any of you do that?, because I f***ing wouldn't!  Shepherd loves being in charge of the club, which isn't really the same thing.

We all have our own fairly specific interpretation and assessment of him (Shepherd) and we rarely (if ever) let other peoples opinions on him, influence our own hard-set views!

We have these certainties, even though most of us have not met him and do not know him well enough to be able to make any judgements at all.

That will not stop us though . . . and I think I include me in that!

I'm not trying to judge him as a person.  At least not in this thread :)  To me the amount of money he took from the club (especially bonuses and dividends which he helped sanction when the club was making big losses already) show that greed was far more important to him then Newcastle United.

one message from nufcblog.com:

"disclaimer : do not shoot the messenger. 100% unconfirmed rumour.

Still rumours at this stage but it looks as though something is happening at NE1, Llambias is supposed to be there, allegedly with Mr Shepherd in the final throes of a deal for the club.

Shearer has also apparently pulled out of Sunday’s SBR charity game.

More on this if (when?) we get it…

from a nufc site i look at.

probably a red herring but but anything would be at least as good as what we have".

Still rumours at this stage but it looks as though something is happening at NE1, Llambias is supposed to be there, allegedly with Mr Shepherd in the final throes of a deal for the club.

probably a red herring but but anything would be at least as good as what we have".

:dance: :yorkie: :fwap: Hope your right  :-[ but i will take anything atm  ;D

Aye, righto.

Heard all this bollocks before already this summer.