RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Phil K

Must admit, I'm beginning to think it's nothing but spite against club and fans by those responsible for the car crash that is NUFC under Ashley

And with Keith Harris, the man trying to broker the sale, away on a fortnight's holiday it looks unlikely anything will happen before the new season kicks off.

Couldn't make it up.

And if you did people would have said "Don't be ridiculous - nobody would be THAT peabrained"

Must admit, I'm beginning to think it's nothing but spite against club and fans by those responsible for the car crash that is NUFC under Ashley

Car crash.... Ashley...  Hmm, I'll be right back.

Guest Phil K

Yes - by all means protest at the Leeds game and call the b*stards what they are - but don't spoil Sir Bob's day for God's sake.

This is for Bob not the vermin running the club.

Guest toonlass

Yes - by all means protest at the Leeds game and call the b*stards what they are - but don't spoil Sir Bob's day for God's sake.

:clap:

while i agreee that we shouldn't spoil Sir bobbys day,  a protest today would have an impact, its on TV and the whole country will see it,  there'll be no one at the Leeds game.

And then the fans will just get the old "oh not the best fans in the world afterall then" blah blah

Ashleys just doin his own thing, its long past him caring about boycotts id say. I dont see him staying regardless, hes just waiting it out for the best price with no consideration of how it'll affect the side atall. He could care less. What can ya do. At best itd effect any potential buyers view of the club & perhaps make them more wary of the situation. Will Ashley consider this atall, i doubt it.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/07/26/united-s-overdraft-fear-for-prospective-buyers-79310-24240042/

United’s overdraft fear for prospective buyers

Jul 26 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

THE cost of Newcastle’s search for a buyer is mounting – with the club’s overdraft understood to top £40m.

And that figure could rise further later this week, when United pay a £5-6m player wage bill.

The size of Newcastle’s working overdraft will be of obvious concern to would-be buyers.

It is at least one extra liability to be budgeted for, and a headache set to be made worse by a crippling combination of Premier League player wages and drastically reduced revenue in the Championship.

What remains unclear is how much of the interest-free loans made to the club by owner Mike Ashley would need to be repaid by his successors.

Other complicating factors in any deal include former manager Kevin Keegan’s outstanding constructive dismissal claim, a demand from former deputy chairman Douglas Hall for £1m and the estimated £20,000 a week being paid to Dennis Wise under the terms of his departure from his director of football post.

Meanwhile, the BBC will wait at least another week before asking Alan Shearer if he wants to resume his Match of the Day role for the start of the season.

Having been aware from when they first employed him of Shearer’s desire to one day manage Newcastle, the BBC have put no pressure on him to map out his future during a frustrating summer spent waiting for the call to take the United job full-time. Shearer would like senior players like Habib Beye to stay on if he is appointed manager, but the defender could be poised to depart this week, as he is prepared to discuss a move to Hull City.

Yet more rumour and bollocks, I don't believe a word that comes from the Sunday Sun.

Would be fun to co-ordinate a row of people sitting in the East Stand, giving them all a t-shirt with a letter on which spelled out "Mike Ashley is a cunt, please leave now". No chanting about him, nothing just a simple message to the watching world on how we all feel. Plus if Ashley or Llambias have the balls to attend it would be straight facing them for the match!!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

while i agreee that we shouldn't spoil Sir bobbys day,  a protest today would have an impact, its on TV and the whole country will see it,  there'll be no one at the Leeds game.

Surely another reason not to do it tonight, don't give the world another reason to laugh at us. Tonight should not be upstaged due to club politics.

See where your coming from but no its just not the right time.

in all my 30+ years as a Newcastle this feels the most despondent and depressing time - worse than the worse of FF and even McKeag.  We've just being hung out to dry by the fat one and every day that nothing happens sees us drifting and falling further behind even the championship sides - and to think we were a top 4 team just a few short years ago. So pissed off!

Anyway, is this actually the longest thread there's ever been on the Internet?

Its the longest one without any interesting content.

Its the longest one with hardly any information to work with  :tickedoff: apart from lies from lambarse and every other fucker  :no:

Brief Shot of the Directors Box, no immediate sign of Llambsarse or Ashley. Pair of f***ing wankers.

If Ashley isnt there its not a surprise but Llamsarse i would imagine he would be there after being at the pre season games.Ashley being the owner should ignore the current situation and be man enough to be there to honour Sir Bobby but we know he has not a decent bone in him but could be jumping to conlclusions and he or they might be there.

in all my 30+ years as a Newcastle this feels the most despondent and depressing time - worse than the worse of FF and even McKeag.  We've just being hung out to dry by the fat one and every day that nothing happens sees us drifting and falling further behind even the championship sides - and to think we were a top 4 team just a few short years ago. So pissed off!

same here things weren't that bad even with McGarry as manager or Dinnis, am not even showing any interest in the coming season, no excitement,nowt.