RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I refuse to drink any tea or coffee. The only sugar I have is that which is mixed up with other foods, and I don't eat Nestle. It is hard to get fair-trade clothes, but I try to shop in places that are a bit more reputable.

Ultimately, those being exploited in their home countries at least have a choice, and can bring home money to their family each day. Unlike those in Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE and suchlike. Fact is, in India, there are practices that were going in the UK a hundred years ago, while the UK abolished slavery over 200 years ago.

Let this Sultan in without complaint, and you are accepting one of the biggest evils in the world. Those from the plantations in the US were restricted in terms of human rights 100 years later, but the progress came eventually, and as such, exploitation is a lesser evil generally representing the transition from slavery to free will. You can't just go and free every child in a sweatshop, progress must come within.

However to do business with a country which has shown no willingness to improve its human rights is pretty much as bad as you can get.

Do you refuse to drink tea or coffee because of the human rights issues you've posted or because you don't like tea & coffee?

A mixture of both, I refuse to drink the non-fair trade stuff, and then when it comes to the fair trade stuff, I much prefer hot chocloate so have that instead.

PS, I dont preach about what I eat drink buy etc, I only said what I said because I was asked a direct question.

I will preach about slavery though, as I think it is despicable.

Guest Mucky01

he has history of not selling up and at the same time not funding.

The calls for the Shearer messiah have put him in a corner.

Guest Stephen927

PS, I dont preach about what I eat drink buy etc, I only said what I said because I was asked a direct question.

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a974/a974_thumb.jpg

Guest Mucky01

How?

he has to show Shearer the money, or a public lynching.

Guest Heneage

Has it been confirmed the Omani consortium is consisting of anyone with potential dodgy links? Because if they aren't then James is being quite the prejudice swine.

How?

What money? And does this mean you think he is planning to sell?

I'm a sex slave, does that count?

Has it been confirmed the Omani consortium is consisting of anyone with potential dodgy links? Because if they aren't then James is being quite the prejudice swine.

The Sultan.

Guest Mucky01

How?

Shearer would demand a transfer budget, not exactly been forthcoming previously from Ashley, and even less likely now.

If Shearer had walked out of discussions then there would be a huge outcry. The selling up story has taken the heat off Ashley.

How?

Shearer would demand a transfer budget, not exactly been forthcoming previously from Ashley, and even less likely now.

If Shearer had walked out of discussions then there would be a huge outcry. The selling up story has taken the heat off Ashley.

Aye the heat's definately off like. :lol:

Guest Mucky01

How?

Aye the heat's definately off like. :lol:

the heat is off at the moment as most people think Shearer is still on for the job.

The Sultan.

Whey it hasn't been confirmed, just strongly suggested.

I know that but all I've stated is that I'd be opposed to such ownership over other alternatives. It doesn't have to be confirmed for me to be against it.

Guest toonlass

Is this the Sultan of Brunei we're talking about? When was he mentioned?

Nah, its the Sultan of Oman. Different kettle of fish apparantly.

Besides I'd imagine it would be hard to get to the top financial rung of an autocratic country without being involved in the crimes of the nation. As such if it isn't the Sultan, I'll be having whoever under close scrutiny.

Is this the Sultan of Brunei we're talking about? When was he mentioned?

Nah, its the Sultan of Oman. Different kettle of fish apparantly.

they aren't the sultans,

they aren't the sultans of swing