RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a load of bollocks. Im not an ikn, I dont have "sources" except ketchup. But I do know about Arabs and not just from the nativety play tea towel incident. Im one of those exploited foreign workers, who has his flights paid, salary tax free, accomodation free, kids education paid for, and a driver, and an enforced compulsary paid 2 months leave to prevent "stress". bastards they are for exploiting me like that.

What i can tell you about arabs is that they are impatient bastards and status mad. NUFC have no profile in the middle east just as portsmouth and man city didnt have, but the Premier league has a massive profile which is why all these stupidly rich arabs are throwing cash at it, its the latest must have and anyone in the middle east wants a piece just to try and prove they are the wealthiest. So trying to convince an arab consortium to buy a non premier league club regardless of the size is virtually impossible, they would rather buy one of the newly promoted teams and throw wedge at it than be associated with a second tier team. Sorry but thats the truth. I say virtually because there are some consortiums out there who have not got the funds they claim to have, they want the status without the wedge, and they may attempt a purchase of NUFC in attempt to increase their social standing.

Most likely there is a UK consortium making Ashley a low offer, he has "leaked" this arab rumour to panic push the price up to the UK consortium. Dont anyone get your hopes up because it isnt going to happen. And if it does it will be a disaster in terms of funds, arabs are ruthless bastards expect the club to loaned up to the hilt and the cash to disappear.

Amen.

So you recon Man City and Portsmouth are being conned then? :D

Don't know as I'm not really interested in them.

I don't really understand your question either, has it something to do with what Dover wrote ?

Yeah it was meant as a reply to Dover.  Specifically the bit about Arabs being ruthless.

Guest dover

Man city and portsmouth are in the premiership so no I dont think theyre being conned, if you read what i posted i would only be worried if an "arab" consortium bought a second tier club

I just don't understand why you think a "ruthless Arab" would rack up massive loan debts and disapear in a puff of smoke with a Champsionship club but become a philanthropist when at a Premiership club.

I can really seeing this turning out like the start of last season, loads of pissing about, nowt gets done or sorted and we are back to square one.

Ashley must be the most stupid man on the planet.  Did no one advise him that once we drop out of the league it will be harder to flog, it may be worth spending 10 - 20 mill to protect its prem status.

What a fucking bell end of the highest order.

I pronounce him Bellend of the year.

How the hell has he built one successful business if he's such a schmuck?  He screwed up the purchase.  Completely mismanaged the club and ran it into the ground.  When he tried to sell the club in September he alienated potenbtial buyers in Dubai.  I mean, really, how did he ever build up Sports Direct?  It seems like he's a complete moron who is completely incapable of not pissing everyone off.  It's shocking that he's had any success at all.  I wouldn't trust him to shovel s***.

How the hell has he built one successful business if he's such a schmuck?  He screwed up the purchase.  Completely mismanaged the club and ran it into the ground.  When he tried to sell the club in September he alienated potenbtial buyers in Dubai.  I mean, really, how did he ever build up Sports Direct?  It seems like he's a complete moron who is completely incapable of pissing everyone off.  It's shocking that he's had any success at all.  I wouldn't trust him to shovel shit.

Thing is, Sports Direct success requires everything that NUFC success doesn't... pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap, and keep costs to a minimum.

Going back to Dubai makes a bit of sense, especially if we're talking to that Zabeel Investments again. They almost bought Charlton after Ashley f***ed them off if I remember correctly so they're obviously not put off by Football League status.

Yeah, the arabs will fucking love fatboy ckming back begging them to buy the club for a fraction of what he originally wanted.

I hope they make the fat cunt do a belly dance first.

Going back to Dubai makes a bit of sense, especially if we're talking to that Zabeel Investments again. They almost bought Charlton after Ashley f***ed them off if I remember correctly so they're obviously not put off by Football League status.

Yeah, the arabs will fucking love fatboy ckming back begging them to buy the club for a fraction of what he originally wanted.

:lol:

How the hell has he built one successful business if he's such a schmuck?  He screwed up the purchase.  Completely mismanaged the club and ran it into the ground.  When he tried to sell the club in September he alienated potenbtial buyers in Dubai.  I mean, really, how did he ever build up Sports Direct?  It seems like he's a complete moron who is completely incapable of pissing everyone off.  It's shocking that he's had any success at all.  I wouldn't trust him to shovel s***.

Thing is, Sports Direct success requires everything that NUFC success doesn't... pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap, and keep costs to a minimum.

Yeah but at some point he'd have to to do some negotiating which would (I presume) require a modicum of intelligence.  He reminds me of Tommy Boy, a fat, walking disaster.  Unlike Chris Farley's character, Ashley doesn't come off as the lovable buffoon, just a buffoon.

http://www.planetdan.net/pics/misc/truffleshuffle.gif

Guest guinness_fiend

It doesn't say Ashley's in Dubai thankfully. Just that Keith Harris blerk.

Shhh... Don't let facts get in the way!

It doesn't say Ashley's in Dubai thankfully. Just that Keith Harris blerk.

Shhh... Don't let facts get in the way!

He can still do a belly dance in a video conference.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/03/sir-john-hall-voices-fears-over-foreign-owners-72703-23778491/

Sir John Hall voices fears over foreign owners

Jun 3 2009 by Neil Farrington, Evening Chronicle

FORMER Newcastle chairman Sir John Hall fears the Magpies will never again prosper under English control.

Hall is resigned to the prospect of foreign investors buying United from beleaguered owner Mike Ashley.

And whether or not an overseas owner turns the Toon’s fortunes around, Hall regrets that foreign money is set to dominate English football – and create a further imbalance of power in the Premier League.

“My fear is it is now very tough for a provincial club to compete with the money being pumped into the big teams by Roman Abramovich and certain Arab investors,” said Hall.

“There is no investor in the English provinces capable of competing with their money.”

Hall made his fortune in the North East and remains intensely proud of the work done by his family in resurrecting United’s fortunes in the 1990s.

But he acknowledges those days are long gone, adding: “There is an inequality at work there, and it worries me.

“I know it is an open market place out there, and, as a businessman, I accept there is much to be said for that.

“But I fear foreign money – or ‘funny money’, spent by people coming into the game not for football but to raise their own profile – is splitting the Premier League apart.

“Abramovich came in and changed everything, and it’s now got out of hand.

“It’s up to the Premier League to address the issue.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/03/sir-john-hall-voices-fears-over-foreign-owners-72703-23778491/

FORMER Newcastle chairman Sir John Hall fears the Magpies will never again prosper under English control.

Hall is resigned to the prospect of foreign investors buying United from beleaguered owner Mike Ashley.

And whether or not an overseas owner turns the Toons fortunes around, Hall regrets that foreign money is set to dominate English football and create a further imbalance of power in the Premier League.

My fear is it is now very tough for a provincial club to compete with the money being pumped into the big teams by Roman Abramovich and certain Arab investors, said Hall.

There is no investor in the English provinces capable of competing with their money.

Hall made his fortune in the North East and remains intensely proud of the work done by his family in resurrecting Uniteds fortunes in the 1990s.

But he acknowledges those days are long gone, adding: There is an inequality at work there, and it worries me.

I know it is an open market place out there, and, as a businessman, I accept there is much to be said for that.

But I fear foreign money or funny money, spent by people coming into the game not for football but to raise their own profile is splitting the Premier League apart.

Abramovich came in and changed everything, and its now got out of hand.

Its up to the Premier League to address the issue.

Or sell to a complete bellend who has no idea of running a football club

Guest Magpiecn

And whether or not an overseas owner turns the Toon’s fortunes around, Hall regrets that foreign money is set to dominate English football – and create a further imbalance of power in the Premier League.

“My fear is it is now very tough for a provincial club to compete with the money being pumped into the big teams by Roman Abramovich and certain Arab investors,” said Hall.

“There is no investor in the English provinces capable of competing with their money.”

Hall made his fortune in the North East and remains intensely proud of the work done by his family in resurrecting United’s fortunes in the 1990s.

But he acknowledges those days are long gone, adding: “There is an inequality at work there, and it worries me.

“I know it is an open market place out there, and, as a businessman, I accept there is much to be said for that.

“But I fear foreign money – or ‘funny money’, spent by people coming into the game not for football but to raise their own profile – is splitting the Premier League apart.

“Abramovich came in and changed everything, and it’s now got out of hand.

“It’s up to the Premier League to address the issue.”

Or sell to a complete bellend who has no idea of running a football club

Someone put AShleys heed on it!

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1220/fattyg.gif

;D:

Dance mike dance, of course its via video conference as its Keith Harris who is in Dubai.