RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Someone put AShleys heed on it!

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1220/fattyg.gif

;D:

Dance mike dance, of course its via video conference as its Keith Harris who is in Dubai.

bluelaugh.gif

Guest geordienorway

I seriously doubt anyone's in Dubai.

Harris is probably in Dubai, but if he is there to sell our club is a different matter. Sounds like pure speculation from the chron.

Didn't Llambias mention that Ashley had received a "derisory" offer for the club when it was up for sale in September?

They could be trying to revive that offer.

Didn't Llambias mention that Ashley had received a "derisory" offer for the club when it was up for sale in September?

And I'd imagine they might even be offering less than then, he wanted £400m didn't he back in September? I'm sure I read somewhere that the bid he recieved was closer to £150m.

And I'd imagine they might even be offering less than then, he wanted £400m didn't he back in September? I'm sure I read somewhere that the bid he recieved was closer to £150m.

I think he might bite their hands off for £150m now

im really unhappy about this take over talk! I dont mind others buying the fat f*ck out....but i dont like it taking too long coz shearer will probably wait and see what happens!

We dont have time for this....shearer should have signed a contract by now and started rebuilding the club. It will hurt our pre-season plans badly....unless someone with sh*t-load of money comes in soon!

Exactly, but if they're clever they'll offer a bit below his apparent £100m asking price.

Guest toonlass

Exactly, but if they're clever they'll offer a bit below his apparent £100m asking price.

We are buggered as long as there is instability at the club, other clubs are preparing for next season (the championship sides have already had nearly a month longer than us as it is), we have no manager, we have an owner who should be shot, and which players are going to consider coming to us while we are up in the air like this. Get it sorted out Ashley man.

Roman ruined football as we knew it. Simple as that.

I've become so scornful of what football has become.  Chelsea in a bidding war for Kaka @ 75million, Gareth Barry for 12million on 100k a week for Citeh, wtf has football become?  No more youth academies and youth players rising up the ranks b/c they are already not good enough and teams must buy foreign players.  These top 4 clubs have massive bandwagon fans who only support them b/c they've won titles, theres no affection or love there.  Its sickening.

Its no longer about the club its about the owner. Whoever has the richest owner will buy themselves a manager, a starting 11, and finishing place along with a title. 

I'm happy our club is going to play in a league where any team can win the match, any team has a shot at getting promoted, managers, tactics, youth players, hidden gems scouted from lower levels or the cheap signing from a foreign league who is hungry. Bring back the love of the game vs. the paycheck.

Maybe my mind will change if we get sold to a billionare who puts in hundreds of million to get back into the premiership, but even there - is it worth it? Its effectively a 5 team title race every season, the rest duking it out hoping and praying.

Think I need time away from the game, its killing me how much things have changed and how bad the souls of clubs are gone. 

I think someone's conned them into buying the wrong Magpies...

Notts County poised for takeover

Notts County looks set to be taken over by a Middle Eastern consortium in a multi-million pound deal.

Munto Finance Ltd says it has agreed to buy the Magpies and wants complete control of the League Two club.

However, the Notts County Supporters Trust, the club's majority shareholder, has yet to sanction the deal.

Chairman John Armstrong-Holmes told the club's website: "Subject to shareholders' agreement, the takeover could be completed in a few weeks."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8082539.stm

Guest Micktoon

Roman ruined football as we knew it. Simple as that.

I've become so scornful of what football has become.  Chelsea in a bidding war for Kaka @ 75million, Gareth Barry for 12million on 100k a week for Citeh, wtf has football become?  No more youth academies and youth players rising up the ranks b/c they are already not good enough and teams must buy foreign players.  These top 4 clubs have massive bandwagon fans who only support them b/c they've won titles, theres no affection or love there.  Its sickening.

Its no longer about the club its about the owner. Whoever has the richest owner will buy themselves a manager, a starting 11, and finishing place along with a title. 

I'm happy our club is going to play in a league where any team can win the match, any team has a shot at getting promoted, managers, tactics, youth players, hidden gems scouted from lower levels or the cheap signing from a foreign league who is hungry. Bring back the love of the game vs. the paycheck.

Maybe my mind will change if we get sold to a billionare who puts in hundreds of million to get back into the premiership, but even there - is it worth it? Its effectively a 5 team title race every season, the rest duking it out hoping and praying.

Think I need time away from the game, its killing me how much things have changed and how bad the souls of clubs are gone. 

Nail on fucking head.

I'm not even arsed who takes us over now tbh.  As long as he lets the football people run the club, gives them enough money to compete I'd be happy.  We ain't gonna be taken over by a Sheikh now, theyll want a prem club.  Someone with Ashley's sort of money but hopefully not so much of a knob would be my bet.  I just hope it happens soon or league 1 here we come.

Never thought I'd see the day again when Sunderland were gearing up to be an ambitious club in the premier while we were struggling to get funds in the Championship. Mike Ashley and his Cockney Cock up Gang have ruined this club.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Never thought I'd see the day again when Sunderland were gearing up to be an ambitious club in the premier while we were struggling to get funds in the Championship. Mike Ashley and his Cockney Cock up Gang have ruined this club.

June 2009 -

Sunderland appoint a solid, dependable, experienced manager from the north east.

They have a billionaire owner who seems to have bitten the bug and is prepared to spend heavily

Thye are in the premiership

June 2009

Newcastle have no manager

We have an owner who wants out

We are in the championship

Remember this month people, every dog has its day and Sunderland are currently basking in the warm rays of their good fortune. We will return, the issues will be resolved and the cream always secures the top of the crop.

June 2009 -

Sunderland appoint a solid, dependable, experienced manager from the north east.

They have a billionaire owner who seems to have bitten the bug and is prepared to spend heavily

Thye are in the premiership

June 2009

Newcastle have no manager

We have an owner who wants out

We are in the championship

Remember this month people, every dog has its day and Sunderland are currently basking in the warm rays of their good fortune. We will return, the issues will be resolved and the cream always secures the top of the crop.

You have summed up the situation well, but a word of caution - unless 'the issues' are resolved QUICKLY and CORRECTLY, there is absolutely NO guarantee that we will be a more successful club than the Mackems in the next 3 years at least...it is true that every dog has its day, but the question is, how long will that 'day' be ? NUFC have been top dogs in the NE for most of the past 20 years, thanks largely to SJH, KK and on the Mackem side, Bob Murray and his bad decisions...let us hope that the boot is not on the other foot for as long !

Lack of progress is killing me, this club does everytging so slow, you see other clubs going up for sale and the sale going through in no time. Even selling and buying players seems to take a fkn age with us.

Lack of progress is killing me, this club does everytging so slow, you see other clubs going up for sale and the sale going through in no time. Even selling and buying players seems to take a fkn age with us.

This is so true. It was going the same way pre-Ashley as well. No co-ordinated planning or forethought.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thread title should now read:

Re: Club for sale: 'Middle East consortium' story gathers pace, then slows down again, but we hope it speeds up again