RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wage bill bollocks, you want to lower the wage bill then you buy the fkn club then be incharge of selling those you need to inorder to lower said wage bill.

You don't wait this long making it harder to sell players and buy in new ones, utter s**** about the wage utter utter shire.

So you think our wage bill is sustainable? Or you think the new owner(s) should be in charge of reducing the wage bill? :doh:

He's right about what he said, especially about the income. It takes a massive hit and we need to find a way to ease the blow. Selling players, which brings in a transfer fee and also gets them off the wage bill, is one way of doing that.

IF Ashley sells players to lower the wage bill he then has to sign players so he can sell the club with a full squad, I am sure any buyer would rather choose who is sold and who is bought themselves.

Most clubs have a massive wage bill and yes relegation cost us a fortune but Ashley still owning us is also costing the club as fans are staying away from the club shops as well as not renewing season tickets.

I just think the wage bill thing for the sale being held up is s**** and its ore to do with the £100mill asking price + other debts.

some buyers may think "you do the spade work in getting rid of X,Y and Z then we'll see" that means they don't run the risk of carrying them should no decent deals be agreed.

Then if thats how they will do things they can fk off, thats an Ashley style and we have had enough of that.

it may be  they are the choices.

Wage bill bollocks, you want to lower the wage bill then you buy the fkn club then be incharge of selling those you need to inorder to lower said wage bill.

You don't wait this long making it harder to sell players and buy in new ones, utter s**** about the wage utter utter shire.

So you think our wage bill is sustainable? Or you think the new owner(s) should be in charge of reducing the wage bill? :doh:

He's right about what he said, especially about the income. It takes a massive hit and we need to find a way to ease the blow. Selling players, which brings in a transfer fee and also gets them off the wage bill, is one way of doing that.

IF Ashley sells players to lower the wage bill he then has to sign players so he can sell the club with a full squad, I am sure any buyer would rather choose who is sold and who is bought themselves.

Most clubs have a massive wage bill and yes relegation cost us a fortune but Ashley still owning us is also costing the club as fans are staying away from the club shops as well as not renewing season tickets.

I just think the wage bill thing for the sale being held up is s**** and its ore to do with the £100mill asking price + other debts.

some buyers may think "you do the spade work in getting rid of X,Y and Z then we'll see" that means they don't run the risk of carrying them should no decent deals be agreed. also the way i see it is that "other debts" covers the wages.

Exactly. It means the new owner(s) don't have that burden, making the takeover for them a lot easier.

not even easier....more "less risky"

What burden is it to have to sell the likes of Obafemi Martins and Sebastian Bassong exactly?

martins was a big fee and big wages, bassong would be a big fee. both to pay off the big burden of an unaffordable level of debt.

What burden is it to have to sell the likes of Obafemi Martins and Sebastian Bassong exactly?

martins was a big fee and big wages, bassong would be a big fee. both to pay off the big burden of an unaffordable level of debt.

Yeah, and? Both have obvious talent and in Martins' case European pedigree. It's hardly a struggle to get rid of them.

We could have sold both of them weeks ago, hell we'd have even saved money on wages.

ffs, when are people going to realise that with this cockney market trader things like  "it makes sense for him to do "x" because <insert logical reason here> don't apply?

Plenty said there was no sense in him taking over the club and not trying to take it forward because that way he'd make no money, so naturally he had to invest in the squad. Well look at the facts of what has happened since that load of shite was being posted!

The fact is, Ashley doesn't give a shit, he's also inept and a very stupid man. That means he won't do anything that makes any kind of logical sense in terms of improving the football club.

I'll bet Daves right bollock that Ashley still owns this club come the January transfer window, infact make that Daves right and Tooj's left.

I'd say there's as much chance as that happening as you going through tomorrow saying "fkin" 10 times or more...so I guess it's highly likely that will be the case.

some buyers may think "you do the spade work in getting rid of X,Y and Z then we'll see" that means they don't run the risk of carrying them should no decent deals be agreed. also the way i see it is that "other debts" covers the wages.

Exactly. It means the new owner(s) don't have that burden, making the takeover for them a lot easier.

It also means they could end up taking over a club with the wrong players sold and the wrong ones still here, plus no new players brought in.  Its a risk either way but the best risk to take is the one your in control of yourself.

Football's getting utterly tedious now.  

It's a case of constantly putting up with and humouring useless, delusional, rich-beyond-your-wildest-dreams fuckwits on and off the bloody pitch.  It's far beyond the point where I can identify with any of these people.

"one flew over the newcastle online nest"

someone is gonna crack soon....

skirge 2/5

cp40  evens

big Tron/indi  3/1

dave  5/1

It's not going to be me, I've given up caring about it. :)

ffs, when are people going to realise that with this cockney market trader things like  "it makes sense for him to do "x" because <insert logical reason here>.

Plenty said that he there was no sense in him taking over the club and not trying to take it forward because that way he'd make no money so naturally he had to invest in the squad. Look at the facts of what has happened since that load of s**** was being posted!

The fact is, Ashley doesn't give a s***, he's also inept and a very stupid man. That means he won't do anything that makes any kind of logical sense in terms of improving the football club.

Exactly, he does the exact opposite of what needs to be done.

"omg we are going to get releagted, lets allow our talented players to leave and buy cheap hoof monkeys, that will work"

"one flew over the newcastle online nest"

someone is gonna crack soon....

skirge 2/5

cp40   evens

big Tron/indi  3/1

dave  5/1

It's not going to be me, I've given up caring about it. :)

thats shit odds like, am way closer to it than that

Guest sicko2ndbest

Portsmouths prospective new owner giving the fans feedback about takeover progress.

Oh to be in their position!

Yeah, and? Both have obvious talent and in Martins' case European pedigree. It's hardly a struggle to get rid of them.

We could have sold both of them weeks ago, hell we'd have even saved money on wages.

it may have been a struggle to get rid of martiuns due to his wages. as for bassong it's a matter of time. i'd guess they'd rather have a new owner decide but if not they probably feel the need to take the cash whilst at the same time knowing they'd rather get rid of coloccini but knowing theres no way unless we subsidise his wages.

Guest Thomo

Yes the club will be sold this month, to a Dubai Consortium, I still stand by what I told you guys, it obviously isnt going to be today but believe me it will happen.

Until Mike Ashley stands up and says "Iam taking the club off the market" I stand by every single thing I have said so far. I have the faith in my ITK

Do you honestly believe that we are going to buy some players under Mike Ashley, no chance, who would choose the players.

There is more to this than what Harris says, it will happen guys, stay with me.

I was told Tuesday/Wednesday, Harris says it will not, but it will happen and soon.  :thup:

It also means they could end up taking over a club with the wrong players sold and the wrong ones still here, plus no new players brought in.  Its a risk either way but the best risk to take is the one your in control of yourself.

Definitely. I was just trying to show the other side to how it could happen. I'm undecided which way is best, probably a mixture of both? The Martins deal was too good to turn down in my opinion. Getting rid of the likes of Geremi should be the next priority.