RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leading local businessman Barry Moat is so impressed with owner Mike Ashley's blueprint for the future that he has already committed to renewing his executive box at St. James' Park for a further five years.

s***, so he's thick as mince aswell then.

Moat probably wants Ashley to stay as a chairman  :laugh:

Isnt Lambias the Chairman ?

I don't think Moat is overly wealthy, I'd presume his brother will also be involved, but that would probably be the Bruce Shepherd equivalent.

Not sure he's got the money and that the club will probably have to remain on the business model that Ashley had us on, only without the managerial chaos and DOFs and all that.

He's going to need to know what he's doing and how to make the club a success. Otherwise we have a Southampton situation where he haemorrages money and get held to ransom by a Rupert Lowe (Freddy Shepherd), sells up only for Shepherd unable to do any better.

Have you even read the story?

We don't know if there is a consortium involved yet, or the extent to which they are providing the backing.

Fucking hell... didn't you buy the Iranian Manboob story hook, line and sinker? ... now the Chronicle and The Times have a story, supposedly leaked from SP, with a bit of logic to it... NOW is the time you choose to be sceptical.

:laugh:

James & logic? You having a laugh?

That was just after the end of last season, James.

Things looked pretty fucking rosy then.

I wasn't using it to justify any point I was making, more that it was the only place you can find him quoted talking about NUFC.

Leading local businessman Barry Moat is so impressed with owner Mike Ashley's blueprint for the future that he has already committed to renewing his executive box at St. James' Park for a further five years.

And?

I don't think Moat is overly wealthy, I'd presume his brother will also be involved, but that would probably be the Bruce Shepherd equivalent.

Not sure he's got the money and that the club will probably have to remain on the business model that Ashley had us on, only without the managerial chaos and DOFs and all that.

He's going to need to know what he's doing and how to make the club a success. Otherwise we have a Southampton situation where he haemorrages money and get held to ransom by a Rupert Lowe (Freddy Shepherd), sells up only for Shepherd unable to do any better.

I've got no problem with that.  There shouldn't be any problem running this club on revenue as far as I can see.  The club generates huge sums of money in comparison to the massive majority of its competitors (in a different world to a club like Southampton).  All we've ever needed is someone to run things well, for instance not put us in a position were we have the 5th highest wage bill in the country when we're regularly finishing lower mid table.  Outside money would be nice (and the article does say he has U.S backing) but its not a neccesity.

And?

Sorry for the comment , i was being pedantic , no negativity allowed from me now in this thread.  

When i first heard Barry Moat i thought of the guy from Peterborough for some reason.  

We don't know if there is a consortium involved yet, or the extent to which they are providing the backing.

Fucking hell... didn't you buy the Iranian Manboob story hook, line and sinker? ... now the Chronicle and The Times have a story, supposedly leaked from SP, with a bit of logic to it... NOW is the time you choose to be sceptical.

To be honest this is completely different. There is no details thus far as to how much money any of these people actually have, these people could be absolute paupers compared to Mike Ashley for instance, so can't really get our hopes ups that things are going to get fixed.

Isn't this just what we as Newcastle fans live for? Who else feels like they can't wait to wake up tomorrow to find out more about this? For every day of pure bollocks and negativity, we do deserve something like this to come along and be true.

Here's for Hope!  :occasion14:

To be honest this is completely different. There is no details thus far as to how much money any of these people actually have, these people could be absolute paupers compared to Mike Ashley for instance, so can't really get our hopes ups that things are going to get fixed.

:lol:  Manboob didn't even fucking exist!

As long as they have enough money to fuck Ashley off and do a little initial business (appointing a manager etc), how much money they have to burn is completely irrelevant if the club is run correctly.

We know this from Ashley's tenure ffs.

:lol:  Manboob didn't even fucking exist!

Has not been proven one way or the other.

As long as they have enough money to fuck Ashley off and do a little initial business (appointing a manager etc), how much money they have to burn is completely irrelevant if the club is run correctly.

I agree, sort out the manager and make a few changes to the playing personnel, and we are in a much better position, but the club has to be run well. If he turns out to be a bad chairman, it could turn into a disaster over the next two or three years, after the initial boost.

Basically, we are praying for a business model equivalent to the Sunderland one.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

The identity of the consortiums remains a tightly held secret — both signed confidentiality agreements when they provided proof of funds with a view to beginning the process of due diligence — although it is understood one is from the Middle East. A group based in the United States has also been involved in talks in some capacity, but Ashley is believed to have dismissed the viability of a consortium involving Freddy Shepherd because the former Newcastle chairman is reluctant or unwilling to raise enough money. However, Harris has said that “Newcastle is a club where local influence is really important.”

The Times.

Exactly. This club could be a goldmine if it's run properly.

Just a relatively small sum of money and a bit of stability cold put us back in the hunt to get promoted this year. Get the fans onside and get a bit of momentum going and we could piss this league imho.

Isn't this just what we as Newcastle fans live for? Who else feels like they can't wait to wake up tomorrow to find out more about this? For every day of pure bollocks and negativity, we do deserve something like this to come along and be true.

Here's for never learning our lesson!!  :occasion14: