RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/5982353/Alan-Shearer-poised-for-Newcastle-return.html

Alan Shearer poised for Newcastle return

Alan Shearer is likely to be reinstated as Newcastle manager if Tyneside businessman Barry Moat completes his takeover of the club.

By Paul Kelso Chief Sports Reporter

Published: 11:20AM BST 06 Aug 2009

As Telegraph Sport disclosed last night, talks between Moat and advisors to current owner Mike Ashley are underway in London this morning, with the broad terms of a £100m deal thought to have been agreed.

While a deal has not yet been confirmed there is a chance that it could be sealed in principle by Saturday, when Newcastle open their first Championship season in 16 years, away to West Bromwich Albion.

Shearer, who is currently on holiday in Portugal, is scheduled to be summarising the match for the BBC, and is currently due to fulfil the commitment.

He is likely to speak in detail about the prospects of a return to Newcastle on Football focus at lunchtime.

Moat, a millionaire with extensive property and telecoms interests, is an associate of Shearer's having served on his testimonial committee, and is expected to offer the former England captain the manager's job.

Shearer left the post just two months ago having failed to keep Newcastle in the Premier League, and has made it clear he would relish the chance to bring them straight back up.

Lawyers for the two sides are working on the final terms of an agreement that would see Moat pay Ashley £100m for the club.

Moat has put up £50m of his own money and is thought to have secured bank funding for the remaining £50m.

While negotiations over the sale continue the club continues to try and offload players from the payroll.

Sebastien Bassong could depart as early as today, with Tottenham favourites to secure his signature for around £10m, and there is a chance of at least one other departure.

From the Chief   :thup:

I know we've been let down loads of times during this debacle, but to be frank if this is untrue then whoever is organising the PR is doing a fucking cracking job.

Can't be easy to get the Beeb to run something, even when all the papers are doing so.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/5982353/Alan-Shearer-poised-for-Newcastle-return.html

Alan Shearer poised for Newcastle return

Alan Shearer is likely to be reinstated as Newcastle manager if Tyneside businessman Barry Moat completes his takeover of the club.

By Paul Kelso Chief Sports Reporter

Published: 11:20AM BST 06 Aug 2009

As Telegraph Sport disclosed last night, talks between Moat and advisors to current owner Mike Ashley are underway in London this morning, with the broad terms of a £100m deal thought to have been agreed.

While a deal has not yet been confirmed there is a chance that it could be sealed in principle by Saturday, when Newcastle open their first Championship season in 16 years, away to West Bromwich Albion.

Shearer, who is currently on holiday in Portugal, is scheduled to be summarising the match for the BBC, and is currently due to fulfil the commitment.

He is likely to speak in detail about the prospects of a return to Newcastle on Football focus at lunchtime.

Moat, a millionaire with extensive property and telecoms interests, is an associate of Shearer's having served on his testimonial committee, and is expected to offer the former England captain the manager's job.

Shearer left the post just two months ago having failed to keep Newcastle in the Premier League, and has made it clear he would relish the chance to bring them straight back up.

Lawyers for the two sides are working on the final terms of an agreement that would see Moat pay Ashley £100m for the club.

Moat has put up £50m of his own money and is thought to have secured bank funding for the remaining £50m.

While negotiations over the sale continue the club continues to try and offload players from the payroll.

Sebastien Bassong could depart as early as today, with Tottenham favourites to secure his signature for around £10m, and there is a chance of at least one other departure.

From the Chief   :thup:

God this is sounding too good to be true  :fwap:, must calm expectations  :fool:

Not surprised that the club have denied it, even it it is through Sky. They wouldn't know the truth if it came and bit them on the arse.

The amount of lies that have poured out from NUFC since Ashley took over is beyond belief. Has any club ever treat it's own fans (and customers) with so much distain?

Considering the Chronicle denied it earlier, they are now backtracking

Moat is on todays front cover pictured with Ashley apparently.

...as has been the case throughout the tortuous sale process, it is difficult to know who to believe....

Intriguingly Mr Moat’s secretary said today at Lugano Property Group headquarters in Melbourne Street, Newcastle he was “unavailable” because he was in London.

Optimistic last night after many many many beers, now this morning, with my hangover - my brain, hurting, and being as realistic as possible - this deal sounds too good ot be true - and its prob 100% untrue.

Me and my mate went on a stadium tour a couple of months ago, they took us into Moats box, the fella doing the tour said he was a big shaker in town....never heard of him personally lol

Anyways whilst in the box one of the blokes on the tour, a cockney had what initially looked like a heart attack, me being the good citizen i am phoned for a ambulance since the bloke who was doing the tour was running round with his hands in the air team america style.

Considering the Chronicle denied it earlier, they are now backtracking

Intriguingly Mr Moat’s secretary said today at Lugano Property Group headquarters in Melbourne Street, Newcastle he was “unavailable” because he was in London.

He's having Pie and Mash with Joe Kinnear

:lol:

You're probably right! Kinnear will be holding a press conference later today.

It's a shame he's not got serious financial backing and that its all going to be done on a shoestring, but it could be a good thing if done correctly, it would mean high earners like Geremi, Smith, Barton etc... will have to go, there is no choice in them staying if he can only muster £50m of his own coin and getting backing for the other half of the club, i guess there's no room for error and no room for freeloaders if the Moat guy comes in.

Thankfully he'll be attached to the region, the club and the passion and of course the misery we've all been though for quite some time, and in that will be born a will to do great things for the club.

I can see Shepherd having some kind of consultation role whether its official or hidden on this one while Moat gets used to the ins and outs.

Geordie Chairman/owner & manager - should do the right things for the club, its just a real shame the club hasn't got some serious £££££'s to back up their ideas.

It's a shame he's not got serious financial backing and that its all going to be done on a shoestring, but it could be a good thing if done correctly, it would mean high earners like Geremi, Smith, Barton etc... will have to go, there is no choice in them staying if he can only muster £50m of his own coin and getting backing for the other half of the club, i guess there's no room for error and no room for freeloaders if the Moat guy comes in.

Thankfully he'll be attached to the region, the club and the passion and of course the misery we've all been though for quite some time, and in that will be born a will to do great things for the club.

I can see Shepherd having some kind of consultation role whether its official or hidden on this one while Moat gets used to the ins and outs.

Geordie Chairman/owner & manager - should do the right things for the club, its just a real shame the club hasn't got some serious £££££'s to back up their ideas.

How do you know that? ???

We're all clutching at straws really, but say if he has got American backing who will put up the cash while remaining in the background due to knowing next to nowt about "soccer franchises" while he fronts the bid then it might be good because they will run the business side while Moat runs the football side. I would be happy with that. But it is all speculation I wish something would actually happen!!

How do you know that? ???

He's going to put in half the money for the club, while some other investors put the other half in while they invest even more money in while he puts nothing more in?

Doesn't really work like that.

Unless he's not getting 50% of the club, and he's really paying £50m for 25% (or some kind of figures like this) while the other backer funds the rebuild and walks away with 75% of the club for their £50m stake and further £100m.

It's already been said he's wealthy, but not wealthy enough to do this by himself, and Ashley with £2bn found it hard to commit financially to the club.

There was supposed to be a deadline set for saturday for any bidders to come forward, not sure if it is to complete. Anyway if no one comes forward then Ashley is supposed to be taking the club of the market, so either way they should be some news this weekend.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

My heart can't take much more of this, I'm going to go the way of JFK. Each day I log on at lunchtime and there's pages and pages about a completely new group.  :nope:

Its alreet Jill, we'll be linked with the ABBA group tomorrow.

My heart can't take much more of this, I'm going to go the way of JFK. Each day I log on at lunchtime and there's pages and pages about a completely new group.  :nope:

Its alreet Jill, we'll be linked with the ABBA group tomorrow.

Mamma mia, here we go again. :(

The fkn Ronnie Gill man, club say he is not a serious contender, And Chronicle sources have speculated news of Mr Moat’s interest is nothing more than an attempt to flush out other bidders to bring the saga to a conclusion.

Dear me they really are fkn party poopers like, loves to shit on everything positive.