RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah James, your logic is impeccable.

It is as equally impeccable as yours. You are clutching at straws, I'm clutching at straws. as far as I can see, people are jumping on this 'we are not being sold' bandwagon for no apparent reason, so I'm just trying to offer a different perspective.

It is like the administration on Friday story from a few weeks ago, although more people seem to have got into this one.

Mine? What my previous comment that Ashley may wait until playing Palace away for our 4th game of the season to judge how things may pan out on the pitch Vs. your, he only makes announcements at weekends?

Shut up man.

Where did I say he only makes announcements at weekends? The point was that he is an impulsive guy, I can't see him going around telling club sources that there will be an announcement on Monday that he is staying. He will just come out and say what he wants to say when he makes his mind up, be it Saturday, Sunday or Monday.

It is as equally impeccable as yours. You are clutching at straws, I'm clutching at straws. as far as I can see, people are jumping on this 'we are not being sold' bandwagon for no apparent reason, so I'm just trying to offer a different perspective.

It is like the administration on Friday story from a few weeks ago, although more people seem to have got into this one.

Mine? What my previous comment that Ashley may wait until playing Palace away for our 4th game of the season to judge how things may pan out on the pitch Vs. your, he only makes announcements at weekends?

Shut up man.

Where did I say he only makes announcements at weekends? The point was that he is an impulsive guy, I can't see him going around telling club sources that there will be an announcement on Monday that he is staying. He will just come out and say what he wants to say when he makes his mind up, be it Saturday, Sunday or Monday.

Same logic applied to the other outcome. Why would he wait to make a sale announcement? If something was agreed, he'd say. If it wasn't, he wouldn't know for sure it'd be sorted by the Monday.

Guest Stephen927

Wait, whats happening? Is there going to be a press conference or not? I've not been following this thread, just looking at the title...

There's a logic behind making the decision one way or the other tomorrow. With only a week to go till the end of the transfer window, it's the last chance for either the old or new regime to bring anyone in.

Assuming of course that will be any incomers.

Shut up man.

"Look, the two major announcements during the season by Mike Ashley have both been made at the weekend. If Ashley wants to take the club off the market, he will have already done so."

Impeccable.

Shut up man.

What part of your vacuuous empty cranium makes you think you know anything about him at all, let alone enough to be able to advise us authoritatively that he'll be thinking such and such or doing this or that whenever?

Put a cork in it, son.

:facepalm:

Wait, whats happening? Is there going to be a press conference or not? I've not been following this thread, just looking at the title...

Just all rumours, apparently there will be some sort of statement tomorrow. Probably wont though.

Thing is, Ashley does most things cloak and dagger. How many times were we linked to players before they signed, such as Colo, Jonas etc. Truth is, nobody knows what will be said tomorrow, and whilst everyone may think that he is going to take the club off the market, I just can't see how he can do this. Not only does it make a mockery of the last 3 months, but it makes no sense, given the vitriolic attitude of the club's supporters to him.

Add to this the quotes from the radio where Llambsarse said that there were people almost at signing stage, it would just be total madness. Apart from a full sale the only other plausible possibility for me would be for someone to buy in to the club.

No doubt tomorrow will pass like all of these other so called deadlines, but I'm cautiously optimistic that there will be some good news, and who knows, we may be pleasantly surprised by the outcome. One thing that is worth mentioning is that there has been nothing at all from Keith Harris for a long while. He did say he expected the sale to go through by the end of the month, and as we're approaching this, let's hope he was right

Shut up man.

Same logic applied to the other outcome. Why would he wait to make a sale announcement? If something was agreed, he'd say. If it wasn't, he wouldn't know for sure it'd be sorted by the Monday.

It's a fair point, but my instinct says that there are two clear differences. The first is that contracts may still need to get signed, perhaps one of the key investors can't get here until Monday from the States for example. The second is slightly silly, and a real definite straw clutch, but perhaps he just wanted one last game as Newcastle owner :aww:

That is of course if anything is happenning on Monday at all :lol:

Thing is, Ashley does most things cloak and dagger. How many times were we linked to players before they signed, such as Colo, Jonas etc. Truth is, nobody knows what will be said tomorrow, and whilst everyone may think that he is going to take the club off the market, I just can't see how he can do this. Not only does it make a mockery of the last 3 months, but it makes no sense, given the vitriolic attitude of the club's supporters to him.

Probably seen the start to the season we had and reckons we will go straight up. Therefore he will get about double he is getting now for the club.

If he takes it off the market.

I'm resigned to the fact we probably won't get sold now, and I imagine Hughton will be interim head coach, and JFK Director of Football or something daft. Ashley seems to be trying to make up for all his past mistakes by making even bigger ones  :no:

Shut up man.

"Look, the two major announcements during the season by Mike Ashley have both been made at the weekend. If Ashley wants to take the club off the market, he will have already done so."

Impeccable.

You clearly have problems reading beyond the first question mark. I'll put the important bit in bold for your convenience. At no point have I said that he only does weekends. What I have said is that he makes his mind up and does things, and he doesn't fanny around waiting for a certain day to make a decision.

Guest Stephen927

"The club wish to announce that recent reports of Managing Director Derek Llambias running across the pitch of St James Park naked, are wide of the mark."

Shut up man.

Impeccable.

You clearly have problems reading beyond the first question mark. I'll put the important bit in bold for your convenience. At no point have I said that he only does weekends. What I have said is that he makes his mind up and does things, and he doesn't fanny around waiting for a certain day to make a decision.

...in your opinion.

None of the above is fact. :doh:

Shut up man.

It's a fair point, but my instinct says that there are two clear differences. The first is that contracts may still need to get signed, perhaps one of the key investors can't get here until Monday from the States for example. The second is slightly silly, and a real definite straw clutch, but perhaps he just wanted one last game as Newcastle owner :aww:

That is of course if anything is happenning on Monday at all :lol:

this is a good point about contracts and such, a sale could be agreed in a gentlemans agreement etc but until a sales purchase agreement is signed its not really sold. I'm not expecting anything to happen tomorrow personally though

Any 'announcement' will only be via David Craig (ie leaked to the media) again IMO.

Wasn't Ashley's last announcement to the Times, i.e. the 'I'm selling up' announcement that came completely out of the blue?