RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any 'announcement' will only be via David Craig (ie leaked to the media) again IMO.

Wasn't Ashley's last announcement to the Times, i.e. the 'I'm selling up' announcement that came completely out of the blue?

Club's web site wasnt it ?

Any 'announcement' will only be via David Craig (ie leaked to the media) again IMO.

Wasn't Ashley's last announcement to the Times, i.e. the 'I'm selling up' announcement that came completely out of the blue?

That was the time he was selling up before!

That was the time he was selling up before!

and this time, it first came in the times but officially it came on the nufc website with the e-mail address for bids.

Guest thefishman

Just heard from a reliable source ( thomo) we will indeed be sold tommorow to a consortium headed by george michael and boy george, and the new manager will be allan carr supported from the back by michael barrymore. Could be shite (all over) like.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

To be honest it's more than likely there might not even be any announcement tomorrow, and even if there is it will just be Ashley declaring his intentions to stay and appoint Hughton (Or Kinnear) on a permanent basis. Although I'd love the club to be sold tomorrow, it won't.

I heard Mike Ashley is going to sell the club tomorrow if and only if this thread has reached 500 pages by noon. If not, he'll retain full control and sell Steven Taylor to a Bahrainian 3rd division club in exchange for 15 camels and a pack mule (the pack mule being Nicky Butt's replacement, as he's going to Burnley).

I heard Mike Ashley is going to sell the club tomorrow if and only if this thread has reached 500 pages by noon. If not, he'll retain full control and sell Steven Taylor to a Bahrainian 3rd division club in exchange for 15 camels and a pack mule (the pack mule being Nicky Butt's replacement, as he's going to Burnley).

So it's not all bad then O0

Guest sicko2ndbest

How do we know there is even going to be an announcement. Where has this came from, is it hearsay or did Llambias say something?

Craig David said on SSN he had spoken to DL

Nobody has a clue what's coming IMO. Keegan, kinnear, shearer, and the latest 'for sale sign' were not written about by the press prior to announcement.

If there is to be a statement tomorrow, it has just as much chance of being a sale/partnership as it has being him staying, despite what the media say.

To be honest it's more than likely there might not even be any announcement tomorrow, and even if there is it will just be Ashley declaring his intentions to stay and appoint Hughton (Or Kinnear) on a permanent basis. Although I'd love the club to be sold tomorrow, it won't.

Probably right.

And then Ashley and Llambias will make (or have made) a judgement call based on the results so far as they see it. So the fact that we have had few injuries and have only 4 defenders will pass them by. They will probably decide that there are some assets in the squad with a "significant residual value" that can be realised, and will make sorting that out a priority before thinking about what we do when two of our first choice defenders do a hamstring in November.

How ridiculous is it that even at this stage we're absolutely in the dark as to whether he will decide to stay or that a takeover is imminent? Neither would surprise me but there is little evidence to suggest which way he will go. An absolute farce of a situation, and of a man.

Official NUFC Statement

Newcastle United Football Club can official reveal that Derek Llambias' penis is shorter than first though.

Prior to losing a bet with Mike Ashley and running across the St James' Park turf, it was thought that Mr Llambias' penis was over two inches.

However the club can now confirm that Mr Llambias' penis is in fact shorter than two inches.

The club will hold a press conference tomorrow at 3pm to address this issue.

How ridiculous is it that even at this stage we're absolutely in the dark as to whether he will decide to stay or that a takeover is imminent? Neither would surprise me but there is little evidence to suggest which way he will go. An absolute farce of a situation, and of a man.

Indeed it is. The laughable thing about it as well is that they know the communication's been bad and that they've said that they would work in it, yet here we are knowing sweet fuck all. What a joke.

I'm hoping for a new owner and a full time manager by this time tomorrow, but I'd settle for any outcome that doesn't involve Joe Kinnear.  Forward progress would be too much to hope for, so let's at least cross our fingers and hope that it doesn't get worse.

Sadly enough, I quite agree with this. Kinnear returning would be a far bigger let down than Ashley staying for me.

I'm hoping for a new owner and a full time manager by this time tomorrow, but I'd settle for any outcome that doesn't involve Joe Kinnear.  Forward progress would be too much to hope for, so let's at least cross our fingers and hope that it doesn't get worse.

Sadly enough, I quite agree with this. Kinnear returning would be a far bigger let down than Ashley staying for me.

That's pretty short sighted to be honest.  The problems come from the very top.

That's pretty short sighted to be honest.  The problems come from the very top.

It is short sighted indeed. Knee jerking here, perhaps, but I do think that we'll get promoted and that will leave us in a much better state for any potential buyer. I just don't think I could stand an entire season listening to Kinnears bull shit. At least Ashley is quiet while being an inept cretin.

Just heard from a reliable source ( thomo) we will indeed be sold tommorow to a consortium headed by george michael and boy george, and the new manager will be allan carr supported from the back by michael barrymore. Could be s**** (all over) like.

Hey at least if we lost a goal, we'd have more chance of coming from behind.

Guest Geordiekev

something big has happened at Newcastle.

The biggest thing to happen in Newcastle tomorrow is the anxiety whilst we await this fucking announcement..