RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Any news Redheugh?

Have a look through your most recent posts, and then have a word with yourself.

Your right!

Anyway

Redheugh? :)

I think I finally understand Ashley's strategy now. He's just completely disillusioned with the club since the Keegan fiasco and is no longer willing to put a single penny into financing the clubs and its significant debts. And I mean that quite literally: players are being sold to keep the creditors at bay and the wage bills down, but none of that money is going to be re-invested into the squad. Not into transfer fees. Not even to into any additional wages.

But at the same time he doesn't want to sell the club at a massive loss either. He's a successful businessman, and it grates on him that he'll get so little back on his initial investment. So instead of selling right away, he'll keep running the club with the zero-cost model until a. we get promoted somehow or b. some bloke with too much money and too little sense becomes so desperate that he'll give Ashley his asking price. (The 'real' asking price, not the 100m that's been reported.) In the mean time, the club can at least be kept in the Championship indefinitely by selling off valuable assets and replenishing the squad with loans, youths, and the occasional free transfer. The idea that Ashley "wants" to sell the club also acts as a pretext to keep the fans off his back to some degree. At the very least, we won't be able to start massive protests/boycotts because of the fear that it could scare off any potential investors.

I'm guessing the Simpson signing happened because a. Fergie suggested it first, rather than us pursuing him, and b. Man U are willing to pay all of his wages while he is here. This is also why I expect the Lovenkrands negotiations to hit a snag: Ashley and co. are probably barely offering him a pot to piss in. I'm guessing he really wants to come but the terms he's being offered are very-near insulting to his status as a player.

I think the first, best hope for this club is that we pull off a miracle promotion this year and then subsequently get sold for a price that suits Ashley. Otherwise, I figure all of our remaining "Premiership" players get sold off and we face an indefinite stay in the Championship fueled by kids, and frees, all of which will be sold for any good cash offer when they come good, with our only hope being the miraculous appearance of a Notts Co-style sugar daddy.

I realize that most of this is conjecture and believe me, nobody wishes that I was talking out of my ass more than I do. But right now I think this is where things stand at our club.

I think I finally understand Ashley's strategy now. He's just completely disillusioned with the club since the Keegan fiasco and is no longer willing to put a single penny into financing the clubs and its significant debts. And I mean that quite literally: players are being sold to keep the creditors at bay and the wage bills down, but none of that money is going to be re-invested into the squad. Not into transfer fees. Not even to into any additional wages.

But at the same time he doesn't want to sell the club at a massive loss either. He's a successful businessman, and it grates on him that he'll get so little back on his initial investment. So instead of selling right away, he'll keep running the club with the zero-cost model until a. we get promoted somehow or b. some bloke with too much money and too little sense becomes so desperate that he'll give Ashley his asking price. (The 'real' asking price, not the 100m that's been reported.) In the mean time, the club can at least be kept in the Championship indefinitely by selling off valuable assets and replenishing the squad with loans, youths, and the occasional free transfer. The idea that Ashley "wants" to sell the club also acts as a pretext to keep the fans off his back to some degree. At the very least, we won't be able to start massive protests/boycotts because of the fear that it could scare off any potential investors.

I'm guessing the Simpson signing happened because a. Fergie suggested it first, rather than us pursuing him, and b. Man U are willing to pay all of his wages while he is here. This is also why I expect the Lovenkrands negotiations to hit a snag: Ashley and co. are probably barely offering him a pot to piss in. I'm guessing he really wants to come but the terms he's being offered are very-near insulting to his status as a player.

I think the first, best hope for this club is that we pull off a miracle promotion this year and then subsequently get sold for a price that suits Ashley. Otherwise, I figure all of our remaining "Premiership" players get sold off and we face an indefinite stay in the Championship fueled by kids, and frees, all of which will be sold for any good cash offer when they come good, with our only hope being the miraculous appearance of a Notts Co-style sugar daddy.

I realize that most of this is conjecture and believe me, nobody wishes that I was talking out of my ass more than I do. But right now I think this is where things stand at our club.

Its taken you all this time to figure that out?   :dowie:

Also Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers dad.

oldtype

There's no way we can cover the losses this club will make in the Championship season after season by continually selling players without considerably dropping the clubs value.  Which isn't going to get Ashley this real price you're suggesting he's after.

I agree with your first paragraph about him not being prepared to put anymore money in, I think that's been clear for a while, but not the rest.

So the deadline has passed. Now time for Ashley to take us off the market.

This, expect a NUFC statement in the next few days.

"no one has come in with a serious offer, so we will keep Chris on as he has done a great job"  No further comment at this stage.

He said he wasn't prepared to put anymore money in 3 months ago.

Again, you lot seem extraordinarily obsessed with someone you're absolutely convinced is talking shit. Why?

Because I believe he is talking shite! Just like Thommo was, and just like the rest of those bloody ITKs.

BTW, "extraordinarily obsessed"? :lol: Yeah...course. :lol:

It's obvious that even MA and DL don't know what's going to happen (or what to do!). Everybody knows fuck aaaaaaall! FUUUUUUCK AAAAAAAALL! :angry:

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Just watched KH on Sky News, Said if he had to guess we would definitely be sold by Christmas. :lol:

To a mixture of local and foreign money. So in other words Moat? Anyone else see it?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just watched KH on Sky News, Said if he had to guess we would definitely be sold by Christmas. :lol:

To a mixture of local and foreign money. So in other words Moat? Anyone else see it?

lol

Think that pretty much tells us Ashley never had an intention to sell, he's been using that selling the club bollocks as a smokescreen so he could have an easy ride as he new the fans wouldn't have a go.

Although I'd love us to be sold now, it doesn't really matter as much for now with the window closed. We can't lose anymore players now and Hughton is getting them playing on the pitch. The main reason we were so desperate to get Ashley out ASAP was because we were in danger of losing all of our decent players and he wouldn't spend any money. This doesn't apply now anyway. The best thing would be for him to go and for the new manager to come in and get cracking but we can breathe a bit easier now.