RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tbh, I can see Ashley riding out the storm and then reaping the benefits when if get promoted again.

There are only benefits if we get promoted - absolutely none if we don't. He's as thick as s*** but after what didn't happen today I have an inkling that he's realised that.

Nothing too much to lose if we don't get promoted though (unless we get relegated again).  Crowds are still big.  Results are going our way.  The economy might improve by next year.  Couldn't be hated much more than he already is.

Ashley will be wondering if his losses over the year will be worth the gamble.  Sad to say but there is little incentive in him selling up right now.

Guest sicko2ndbest

nufcblog.org

Keith Harris talked about the Toon takeover situation on Sky News, saying:

“Gut instinct is that now the transfer window is over, that has led now to a period up until the end of year when I think deals can be done, just more gently.

“My predicting ability has been proven not to be very accurate I’m afraid, I don’t mean just Newcastle, just trying to predict how football behaves in this economic environment has not been terrific.

“I think what we’ll see is a mixture of local money and foreign money and of all the clubs, arguably, in England and Scotland the one that probably demands some form of local interest more than any other is Newcastle.

Keith Harris sounded like he didn't have a clue what was happening, admitted he hadn't covered himself in glory & didn't rule anything out (local money with foreign investment).

I'm not sure why he said Newcastle was a club that demanded local interest, I certainly don't, this made me think more than before that we are not of any real interest to a potential major foreign owner & that when the sale does go through it will be with owners who hardly have a pot to piss in between them in comparison to the big boys of the PL.

It wasn't an encouraging interview.

If Ashley really wants a sale he'll have to drop his price some, it's as simple as that and always has been. I'll be amazed if these yanks or anyone else comes through and proves this wrong but according to Redheugh they will.

nufcblog.org

“Gut instinct is that now the transfer window is over, that has led now to a period up until the end of year when I think deals can be done, just more gently.

“My predicting ability has been proven not to be very accurate I’m afraid, I don’t mean just Newcastle, just trying to predict how football behaves in this economic environment has not been terrific.

“I think what we’ll see is a mixture of local money and foreign money and of all the clubs, arguably, in England and Scotland the one that probably demands some form of local interest more than any other is Newcastle.

Why?

Did no one on the programme ask that basic, simple, question?

WHY???

Tbh, I can see Ashley riding out the storm and then reaping the benefits when if get promoted again.

There are only benefits if we get promoted - absolutely none if we don't. He's as thick as s*** but after what didn't happen today I have an inkling that he's realised that.

Nothing too much to lose if we don't get promoted though (unless we get relegated again).  Crowds are still big.  Results are going our way.  The economy might improve by next year.  Couldn't be hated much more than he already is.

Ashley will be wondering if his losses over the year will be worth the gamble.  Sad to say but there is little incentive in him selling up right now.

Agree he has gambled to some extent. I think that if he had wanted to unload Staylor, Enrique, Collo, Jonas and maybe one or two others he could have done, I'm sure there would have been takers. I would like to think that those players are still here because there is a recognition that some of our players, although heavy on the wages, are amongst the best players in this division and if we are to get promoted they are needed. And yes the spirited start by the squad means that selling now is probably not his best option.

For the first time in a while, I am actually looking forward to putting this to the back of my mind in favour of the actual football.

The playing side of things has settled (as much as is possible anyway) and the players appear to be playing for Hughton so I just want to enjoy the matches for a change.

As far as the sale of the club goes, what will be will be so we may as well just let it run its course.

:clap2:

I find it unbelievable that a number of good results in a lower division has pacified the masses and lured so many in a false sense of security we will be back up without a sweat next year. I'm more angry with Ashley now than I was before the end of last season. He has done nothing to prepare us for the season ahead, and don't fool yourselves: there is absolutely no guarantee that we will bounce straight back up. These recent results have been accomplished despite Ashley, not partly thanks to him. Our squad has weakened beyond believe, we have no new players (Loven was here last season) and our squad is extremely weak in numbers. If we do get promoted under these circumstances we will be very, very lucky, and running a business well has nothing to do with gambling to the extent we seem to be doing. Ashley has made another mess of the club sale and we are still without a qualified, respectable manager (again, just because we have some good results doesn't mean he is now a good manager all of a sudden - it WILL go wrong). Instead of forcing Ashley out we still continue to show up and pay up. What signal are we sending out by doing this? I worry for the future of this club if a takeover does not happen soon.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We have sat back and let him shaft us up the arse to be honest

He sits in the stands with his sidekick, showing complete contempt to everyone. I bet he thinks he is hard as nails by coming back into the fire of SJP, probably bragging to his mates about how is showing he has bollocks.

Get out of our club, get out of our club

You fat cockney bastard, get out of our club!

Make sure we whisper it though, for the good of the team!! Fucking bollocks!

For the first time in a while, I am actually looking forward to putting this to the back of my mind in favour of the actual football.

The playing side of things has settled (as much as is possible anyway) and the players appear to be playing for Hughton so I just want to enjoy the matches for a change.

As far as the sale of the club goes, what will be will be so we may as well just let it run its course.

:clap2:

I find it unbelievable that a number of good results in a lower division has pacified the masses and lured so many in a false sense of security we will be back up without a sweat next year. I'm more angry with Ashley now than I was before the end of last season. He has done nothing to prepare us for the season ahead, and don't fool yourselves: there is absolutely no guarantee that we will bounce straight back up. These recent results have been accomplished despite Ashley, not partly thanks to him. Our squad has weakened beyond believe, we have no new players (Loven was here last season) and our squad is extremely weak in numbers. If we do get promoted under these circumstances we will be very, very lucky, and running a business well has nothing to do with gambling to the extent we seem to be doing. Ashley has made another mess of the club sale and we are still without a qualified, respectable manager (again, just because we have some good results doesn't mean he is now a good manager all of a sudden - it WILL go wrong). Instead of forcing Ashley out we still continue to show up and pay up. What signal are we sending out by doing this? I worry for the future of this club if a takeover does not happen soon.

The opposition so far has been gash, our only issue will be the size of our squad.

Agree.... look how much the promoted clubs have spent trying to secure their Premiership status.... lots of 4/5 year contracts and silly wages to boot no doubt. Premiership football is a business that requires lot's of spending. Ashleys spent f**all in the last 18 months or so. We've got rid of the overpaid /underachieving tossers that took us down, the current crop of players would get slaughtered every week if we were to return to the Prem.

Guest Roger Kint

He sits in the stands with his sidekick, showing complete contempt to everyone. I bet he thinks he is hard as nails by coming back into the fire of SJP, probably bragging to his mates about how is showing he has bollocks.

You fat cockney b******, get out of our club!

Make sure we whisper it though, for the good of the team!! f***ing bollocks!

He might not realise you are talking about him with him not being a cockney :shifty: ;D

nufcblog.org

Gut instinct is that now the transfer window is over, that has led now to a period up until the end of year when I think deals can be done, just more gently.

My predicting ability has been proven not to be very accurate Im afraid, I dont mean just Newcastle, just trying to predict how football behaves in this economic environment has not been terrific.

I think what well see is a mixture of local money and foreign money and of all the clubs, arguably, in England and Scotland the one that probably demands some form of local interest more than any other is Newcastle.

Yet he works in Corporate Finance?

Well I'm a football fan at the end of the day and I would much rather concern myself with what goes on on the pitch rather than the boardroom. Unfortunately that hasn't really been possible of late because we've been dry-bummed by Ashley and his idiot henchman while the team fucked around on the pitch.

Now, after what seems like forever, we have something to get excited about again and we get told by some people on the forum that we're sending out the wrong signals. Fuck off!

We're top of the league, undefeated, playing good football, blooding youngsters, shot of some of the scum that collected their overinflated pay cheques and did fuck all in return - I've waited a long time for this moment and i'm going to enjoy it. Shoot me!

You fat cockney b******, get out of our club!

Make sure we whisper it though, for the good of the team!! f***ing bollocks!

:facepalm:

I somehow think he knows. A few bad words aren't going toscare him into selling for a lower price ffs

My worry is that Ashley is never going to shake off this inflated view both of our ability to progress with little or no investment and the club's value both now and in the future.

He's already demonstrated he can't sell at the right time, if we get promoted he's probably going to figure it's stupid to sell just as our stock is going up.  He wanted too much when we were last a Premiership club, he's wanting too much now we're in the Championship, I have no doubt he'll want too much if we become a premier league club again.

It's always going to be "No point selling now when we're at rock bottom" or "No point selling now when we're on the up."

You must be kidding. Let him shaft us? In what way? That song gets a huge airing at every away game. There's only so much you can do as a fan, whatever we say he's not going to sign an extra centre back to act as cover. Although that's probably our fault as we're sitting back and letting him.

You must be kidding. Let him shaft us? In what way? That song gets a huge airing at every away game. There's only so much you can do as a fan, whatever we say he's not going to sign an extra centre back to act as cover. Although that's probably our fault as we're sitting back and letting him.

:lol:

I wouldnt say it has pacified me but what more can we do?

I have had enough of checking the internet every day hoping for good news - only to be let down. I have had enough of people like Thomo and Redheugh coming on here wanking off at getting people's hopes up.

So now that we have reached the end of the transfer window, the squad wont change now until at least January. Ashley will sell the club when its 100% perfect for him and his needs. We shouldnt think he will do anything for the benefit of the fans. It will be for the good of Mike Ashley and Mike Ashley alone.

No one can change things so all we are left with is the season ahead. I had enough of getting beat week in week out last season so now, even if its short term in a lower division, I am going to enjoy seeing NUFC score more goals than the opposition. For teams like NUFC, we have to take our pleasures as and when we can so I am not going to miss this one

I think a major difficulty is it's hard to put a value on our club at the moment. If we'd reached rock bottom and the only way was up, or if we were in a healthy, stable position in the Premiership, it'd be easier to set a price. As it is, no-one can be sure if there's not further decline ahead which will prove a financial drain on a new owner. Particularly in the current financial climate, caution is the byword.

Obviously if we do get promoted, £100 million will be a ridiculous bargain for a debt-free Premiership club with the third largest ground in the country.

Guest Roger Kint

I think a major difficulty is it's hard to put a value on our club at the moment. If we'd reached rock bottom and the only way was up, or if we were in a healthy, stable position in the Premiership, it'd be easier to set a price. As it is, no-one can be sure if there's not further decline ahead which will prove a financial drain on a new owner. Particularly in the current financial climate, caution is the byword.

Obviously if we do get promoted, £100 million will be a ridiculous bargain for a debt-free Premiership club with the third largest ground in the country.

If we get promoted £100m price tags will be a distant memory

My worry is that Ashley is never going to shake off this inflated view both of our ability to progress with little or no investment and the club's value both now and in the future.

He's already demonstrated he can't sell at the right time, if we get promoted he's probably going to figure it's stupid to sell just as our stock is going up.  He wanted too much when we were last a Premiership club, he's wanting too much now we're in the Championship, I have no doubt he'll want too much if we become a premier league club again.

It's always going to be "No point selling now when we're at rock bottom" or "No point selling now when we're on the up."

Cashley.

That's true. If we go up he'll have every right to ask for more. £100m might seem a lot now, but if we go up, the value will increase again.

Who's to say he won't ask for an inflated sum when that happens? He's done that on both occasions he's put the club up for sale in the last 12 months, I have no reason to believe he won't do the same again if we do go up. He was asking £400m for it last year remember.