RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest dazzanufc1892

i am quitely confident this has got legs

same, since im pretty sure a double loan signing from man u fell through for no reason

The yanks hav employed a top communication firm as part of their bid according to the chronicle. Surely the best way to communicate is through the website. I reckon they are updating it as we speak

Some of the comments are real funny. No one develop a site to announce the take over so chill out. They are saying we are sold by X mas that c*** Harris. He said by the end of the month in June nothing happen end of the month for Agust as well. I hate those liers about everything......

Annoucing a takeover via website redesign, genius marketing.

Ethi, man fix your quotes - you must have jumbled stuff together b/c I never said that!

Guest pont-toon

David your normally quite credible i hope you havnt ruined your reputation!

he hasn't

aha Redheugh there you are

whats the latest crack in your world then ?

All we're banking on is the club becoming attractive enough to become a rich man's plaything and him having more money than sense.

We are currently wanting rid of one... Way more money than sense, we need a wealthy man/group with a level head and an fantastic brain for business.

No one with a fantastic brain for business would pay £100m for NUFC, therein lies the problem.

Don't agree, as long as its £100m all in its a good deal for anyone with a decent head for business and an idea about Football.

Guest Heneage

"By the way...It was a complete lie about the takeover"

http://i29.tinypic.com/s45jec.jpg

It was on my part anyway. Why? Whey, i'm a c***.

It's okay though. Our favourite ITK has assured us that while bullshitting I actually stumbled across the truth. Funny that.

Mint.

"By the way...It was a complete lie about the takeover"

http://i29.tinypic.com/s45jec.jpg

It was on my part anyway. Why? Whey, i'm a cunt.

It's okay though. Our favourite ITK has assured us that while bullshitting I actually stumbled across the truth. Funny that.

Fucking hell. The craic on here is normally class but this thread is shite.

Loser.

Wish we could just lock this and forbid any mention of the word "takeover" anywhere on this forum.

Here's my bit of ITK information: We're never going to be taken over. Ever. Ashley will be here until he dies of old age, after which he'll rise again as an undead lord and rule over us until the sun burns out.

Wish we could just lock this and forbid any mention of the word "takeover" anywhere on this forum.

Here's my bit of ITK information: We're never going to be taken over. Ever. Ashley will be here until he dies of old age, after which he'll rise again as an undead lord and rule over us until the sun burns out.

Source??

Source??

I can't reveal it, let's just say i have friends in really high places.

Guest Roger Kint

I think a major difficulty is it's hard to put a value on our club at the moment. If we'd reached rock bottom and the only way was up, or if we were in a healthy, stable position in the Premiership, it'd be easier to set a price. As it is, no-one can be sure if there's not further decline ahead which will prove a financial drain on a new owner. Particularly in the current financial climate, caution is the byword.

Obviously if we do get promoted, £100 million will be a ridiculous bargain for a debt-free Premiership club with the third largest ground in the country.

If we get promoted £100m price tags will be a distant memory

On what basis though? What is a football club worth? As a business it's worth nothing if it doesn't make any money and very few clubs can do that on a sustainable basis.

All we're banking on is the club becoming attractive enough to become a rich man's plaything and him having more money than sense.

You are joking right? If we got promoted income would almost double for a start, Ashley would point to lower costs with wages etc and the club has a reasonable base to start again. If you put your house up for £100k and the property market boomed by 30% would you ignore it and let someone else get the benefit? :idiot2:

You are joking right? If we got promoted income would almost double for a start, Ashley would point to lower costs with wages etc and the club has a reasonable base to start again. If you put your house up for £100k and the property market boomed by 30% would you ignore it and let someone else get the benefit? :idiot2:

If your house was worth £50k and you wanted £100k, then the market went up 30%, it would still be overpriced.

I'm failing to see the justification for the price- so what if revenue doubles? The club has had huge inflows for years, and managed to spend even more.

If we went up, we'd need investment to survive. If you want to be getting decent results and not just scraping then this will require further investment. There's your base.

How would an investor get his money back? Where is the decent return on what would likely be £150m+ to buy a stable Premiership club? We make a loss and have done for years. A lot of this is down to mismanagement, but a lot is simply down to the fact that football is a rotten investment. To sustainably generate £10-15m of profit to justify that sort of investment seems very ambitious. Would fans be happy if transfers were modest while the shareholders took out that sort of cash on an annual basis?

Guest Roger Kint

If your house was worth £50k and you wanted £100k, then the market went up 30%, it would still be overpriced.

I'm failing to see the justification for the price- so what if revenue doubles? The club has had huge inflows for years, and managed to spend even more.

If we went up, we'd need investment to survive. If you want to be getting decent results and not just scraping then this will require further investment. There's your base.

How would an investor get his money back? Where is the decent return on what would likely be £150m+ to buy a stable Premiership club? We make a loss and have done for years. A lot of this is down to mismanagement, but a lot is simply down to the fact that football is a rotten investment. To sustainably generate £10-15m of profit to justify that sort of investment seems very ambitious. Would fans be happy if transfers were modest while the shareholders took out that sort of cash on an annual basis?

Justification for the price? You think the stadium is worthless? Training ground/academy worthless?  How many people have paid for players that we havent seen money for yet?  What about goodwill, sure the club isnt looking too rosey financially but its repairable for anyone with real business acumen.

Liverpool was bought for about £400m and they still need a further £400m for a ground, hence they are going to be in debt for decades. £100m for a club which in all honesty is only a bit of depth away from walking this league isnt too far a stretch given the obvious advantages should you regain promotion. The club debts are by and large a result of gross mismanagement and downright stupidity, any new buyer who sees this and makes the right decisions and appointments can change all that.

We all hate Ashley here but if he sold for £50m can you justifiably say thats a fair price when promotion and limited spending would claw that fee back in 18 months even in a eventual relegation. We could well have ended up with another schmuck on for a quick profit at that price...

Justification for the price? You think the stadium is worthless? Training ground/academy worthless?  How many people have paid for players that we havent seen money for yet?  What about goodwill, sure the club isnt looking too rosey financially but its repairable for anyone with real business acumen.

Liverpool was bought for about £400m and they still need a further £400m for a ground, hence they are going to be in debt for decades. £100m for a club which in all honesty is only a bit of depth away from walking this league isnt too far a stretch given the obvious advantages should you regain promotion. The club debts are by and large a result of gross mismanagement and downright stupidity, any new buyer who sees this and makes the right decisions and appointments can change all that.

We all hate Ashley here but if he sold for £50m can you justifiably say thats a fair price when promotion and limited spending would claw that fee back in 18 months even in a eventual relegation. We could well have ended up with another schmuck on for a quick profit at that price...

newcastle do not own their stadium, so to the club it is worthless.

Guest Roger Kint

Dont own the land, the building on top we do. Unless the stadium fairies presented us with a 52k ground for free? Wouldnt have had £68m mortgage otherwise would we?

Your point makes no sense, as the stadium is anything but worthless

newcastle do not own their stadium, so to the club it is worthless.

We're paying for the stadium development at the moment, so we must own something. Its the land on which it is built that we dont own i believe.