RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JUST BUY THE f***ing CLUB YOU BUNCH OF AMATEUR c***s!!!!

Why would you want a bunch of amateurs to buy the club?

I would rather a group of well intentioned professional investors purchased the club with a well thoughtout business plan

:lol:

Guest Geordiekev

p647 4th post on page will be too officially state that the take over has been completed................................... then Sillious can go back to safc.com

Bad news I'm afraid, one of the Red tops has Ashley quoted as saying he will not sell the club until his demands of this thread hit 1000 pages are met.

So, middle of next week, then?

Depends, i heard from my ITK source (who i cannot name for legal reasons) that he was mighty pissed off with the rapid growth of the Keegan thread last week and may just keep the club to spite us.

Guest Chris P

Bad news I'm afraid, one of the Red tops has Ashley quoted as saying he will not sell the club until his demands of this thread hit 1000 pages are met.

So, middle of next week, then?

Depends, i heard from my ITK source (who i cannot name for legal reasons) that he was mighty pissed off with the rapid growth of the Keegan thread last week and may just keep the club to spite us.

:dowie :mackems:

Not for Sale

26 May 2009 - Derek llambias

"We want him to be the manager 110%, he's very good at what he does and he's a straight-talking guy – we like that. He'd be the perfect appointment. Talks will start today and we are going to review the situation. We are trying to sort something and we'll give the public some information as soon as possible. Alan has put a lot of work into the job at Newcastle and we're talking to him now."

30 May 2009 - Mike Ashley:

"It has been catastrophic for everybody. I've lost my money and I've made terrible decisions. Now I want to sell it as soon as I can."

09 June 2009 - Club Statement:

"The board of Newcastle United can today confirm that the club is for sale at the price of £100million. Interested parties should contact Newcastle United (or Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce) for further details. The club will not be making any further comment at the present time."

10 June 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"There are three or four interested parties who we are talking to. They don't want to be known just yet. That is how we are trying to do business. That is the proper way to do it, not by talking through the media."

06 July 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"There have been more than two bids at £100m"

30 July 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week."

06 August 2009 (When Barry Moat was revealed as a potential buyer)- Derek Llambias:

"We would love to be able to expand further on the sale and managerial position at the club, but we're very sorry we're unable to make any further comment at the present time."

22 August 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"'We're in negotiations with Barry. [The deal is] there or thereabouts."

22 August 2009 - A Newcastle spokesman:

"There will be an update on the situation on Monday."

Monday 24 August 2009 - Club statement:

"Newcastle United Football Club confirms that it has extended its deadline to Barry Moat to table an offer for the Club.The extension has been granted in order to allow Barry Moat and his advisors to conclude funding arrangements with Barclays, current bankers, for the continuation of last season's £39m facility.This would allow a formal offer to be tabled."

19 September 2009 - NUFC Statement:

“The £100M asking price has been matched, however, we are still in negotiations and all parties involved are at sale and purchase stage.”

After 19 weeks and counting of propaganda (to be polite), lies (to be honest) and public relations (if you work for the club) it seems clear to me that Mike Ashley is not going to sell the club.

Like his closing down sale at Sports Direct in Eldon square, this is a perpetual farce created not only to excuse the shoddy product being hawked but also to suggest to the 40,000 plus fans that continue to fill Ashley's pockets that doing so is only a temporary measure.

Not for Sale

26 May 2009 - Derek llambias

"We want him to be the manager 110%, he's very good at what he does and he's a straight-talking guy – we like that. He'd be the perfect appointment. Talks will start today and we are going to review the situation. We are trying to sort something and we'll give the public some information as soon as possible. Alan has put a lot of work into the job at Newcastle and we're talking to him now."

30 May 2009 - Mike Ashley:

"It has been catastrophic for everybody. I've lost my money and I've made terrible decisions. Now I want to sell it as soon as I can."

09 June 2009 - Club Statement:

"The board of Newcastle United can today confirm that the club is for sale at the price of £100million. Interested parties should contact Newcastle United (or Keith Harris at Seymour Pierce) for further details. The club will not be making any further comment at the present time."

10 June 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"There are three or four interested parties who we are talking to. They don't want to be known just yet. That is how we are trying to do business. That is the proper way to do it, not by talking through the media."

06 July 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"There have been more than two bids at £100m"

30 July 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week."

06 August 2009 (When Barry Moat was revealed as a potential buyer)- Derek Llambias:

"We would love to be able to expand further on the sale and managerial position at the club, but we're very sorry we're unable to make any further comment at the present time."

22 August 2009 - Derek Llambias:

"'We're in negotiations with Barry. [The deal is] there or thereabouts."

22 August 2009 - A Newcastle spokesman:

"There will be an update on the situation on Monday."

Monday 24 August 2009 - Club statement:

"Newcastle United Football Club confirms that it has extended its deadline to Barry Moat to table an offer for the Club.The extension has been granted in order to allow Barry Moat and his advisors to conclude funding arrangements with Barclays, current bankers, for the continuation of last season's £39m facility.This would allow a formal offer to be tabled."

19 September 2009 - NUFC Statement:

“The £100M asking price has been matched, however, we are still in negotiations and all parties involved are at sale and purchase stage.”

After 19 weeks and counting of propaganda (to be polite), lies (to be honest) and public relations (if you work for the club) it seems clear to me that Mike Ashley is not going to sell the club.

Like his closing down sale at Sports Direct in Eldon square, this is a perpetual farce created not only to excuse the shoddy product being hawked but also to suggest to the 40,000 plus fans that continue to fill Ashley's pockets that doing so is only a temporary measure.

What a maroon :mackems:

Constantly amazes me that some people are still living in this fantasy world were Ashley is making money from the club.

Do you think Ashley would lose more or less money if no-one went? Just because he's not making a profit doesn't mean attendences are irrelevant to his situation.

Who cares anymore, It's about time something was done with(to) Ashley. If you guys promise to look after my family (mafia style) then i will do what needs to be done with ashley and serve my time knowing i've took a hit for the team    :joker:

Guest Roger Kint

Do you think Ashley would lose more or less money if no-one went? Just because he's not making a profit doesn't mean attendences are irrelevant to his situation.

The OVERDRAFT will be affected which will be the problem of any future owner upon buying the club. Ashley will remain unaffected as long as its within its limits while he is here.

The club belongs to Ashley, more gate recipts = more money for the club

You're equation is missing one important part, profit.

I didn't mention anything about attendances being irrelevant.  Obviously bigger attendances minimise the clubs losses.  But the fact is the losses are continuing which makes the idea of Ashley hanging onto the club as he fills his pockets completely idiotic.

If he's hanging onto the club then he'll be doing so to try to sell it for more if/when we're promoted.

I didn't mention anything about attendances being irrelevant.  Obviously bigger attendances minimise the clubs losses.  But the fact is the losses are continuing which makes the idea of Ashley hanging onto the club as he fills his pockets completely idiotic.

If he's hanging onto the club then he'll be doing so to try to sell it for more if/when we're promoted.

How do you know he's losing money?

If we lost £20m (was it) in the last set of accounts...

And we've gotten rid of £25m off the wage bill.

And earned £25m in transfer fees (say...half of that up front.)

And we got the parachute payment so the TV money isn't vastly reduced.

And we've released 3 new strips.

Isn't it possible he's not losing money this season?

So we agree.

I think it's still fairly certain he's losing money.  Tickets are cheaper this year, we'll have lost all (or a lot) of our commercial partners, less overseas interest.  Not the mention that fact that we've still got a fair few players (Butt, Colo, Geremi, Smith, Barton = 60k?) on stupid wages by PL standards.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5618183,00.html

The head of Saudi Arabia's Football League claims up to 12 English clubs could be bought by Middle East investors

Portsmouth are the latest side to be taken over by a Saudi investor in the shape of Ali Al-Faraj, while Liverpool could be the subject of major investment from Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud.

Chairman of the Saudi Professional League Commission, Hafez Al-Medlej, believes if the Portsmouth takeover proves successful a host of investors from the cash-rich kingdom will be keen to get involved in English football

"In one year's time, if there was no backfire and everyone is settled, I am sure at least 10 more investors will come," said Al-Medlej speaking at the Leaders in Football conference at Stamford Bridge.

"Not necessarily to the Premier League. They might come and buy some clubs at the Championship level.

"Last year I spoke to some people interested in Championship clubs and made inquiries. Their specific needs are they wanted a club that has high average crowd, facilities are good and a club in London.

"Not always a team top of the league. To buy a club from the First Division and bring it up is an even better investment."

How do you know he's losing money?

If we lost £20m (was it) in the last set of accounts...

And we've gotten rid of £25m off the wage bill.

And earned £25m in transfer fees (say...half of that up front.)

And we got the parachute payment so the TV money isn't vastly reduced.

And we've released 3 new strips.

Isn't it possible he's not losing money this season?

We lost £30m in the last published accounts.  £41m in TV money has turned into £14m in parachute payments.  We're currently 15% down on attendances (£5m).  That's at least £32m down without even taking into account the fact that we're going to be down in merchandising as well.

£25m less on wages and £25m paid in installments over the course of the next few years really doesn't cover all that.