RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do we get for telly payments this year? I know the whack is much lower but we're on every fucking week.

I'm not sure how that works, its something I've asked before but nobody seems to know.  I do know its £264m over three years, of which an unknown amount is spread across the 24 teams but I've got no idea how its distributed.  For comparison the Premiership is £1.8b over 3 years, and obviously 4 less teams.  Though I believe the £42m parachute payments per season comes out of Premiership money.

That's at least £32m down without even taking into account the fact that we're going to be down in merchandising as well.

£25m less on wages and £25m paid in installments over the course of the next few years really doesn't cover all that.

So £32m down and £50m up.

Not sure about the merchandising claim either, given that we've got 3 new strips out this season.

What do we get for telly payments this year? I know the whack is much lower but we're on every f***ing week.

I'm not sure how that works, its something I've asked before but nobody seems to know.  I do know its £264m, of which an unknown amount is spread across the 24 teams but I've got no idea how its distributed.  For comparison the Premiership is £1.8b distributed to 20 teams.

this is how it works

"Revenue from the agreements will be split according to the Football League's television income distribution mechanism, meaning 80% to the Championship, 12% to the League One and 8% to League Two. So clubs in every division will receive more than they currently do once the new deal kicks in. For clubs in League One, the incentive to gain promotion to the Championship becomes even greater."

That's at least £32m down without even taking into account the fact that we're going to be down in merchandising as well.

£25m less on wages and £25m paid in installments over the course of the next few years really doesn't cover all that.

So £32m down and £50m up.

Not sure about the merchandising claim either, given that we've got 3 new strips out this season.

No mate, £32m down that we can count (merchandising WILL be down, you don't sell less tickets yet more merchandise..) and £25m plus a fraction of transfer fee's minus loyalty bonuses up :)  All in comparison to a season when we lost £30m.  So as you can see there's no way in hell the club isn't losing money this season.

The club belongs to Ashley, more gate recipts = more money for the club

You're equation is missing one important part, profit.

Do you think Ashley would lose more or less money if no-one went? Just because he's not making a profit doesn't mean attendences are irrelevant to his situation.

I didn't mention anything about attendances being irrelevant.  Obviously bigger attendances minimise the clubs losses.  But the fact is the losses are continuing which makes the idea of Ashley hanging onto the club as he fills his pockets completely idiotic.

If he's hanging onto the club then he'll be doing so to try to sell it for more if/when we're promoted.

How do you know he's losing money?

If we lost £20m (was it) in the last set of accounts...

And we've gotten rid of £25m off the wage bill.

And earned £25m in transfer fees (say...half of that up front.)

And we got the parachute payment so the TV money isn't vastly reduced.

And we've released 3 new strips.

Isn't it possible he's not losing money this season?

We lost £30m in the last published accounts.  £41m in TV money has turned into £14m in parachute payments.  We're currently 15% down on attendances (£5m).  That's at least £32m down without even taking into account the fact that we're going to be down in merchandising as well.

What a pity Ashley is so dumb he didn't realise a relatively small investment in the team would have kept us in the PL. Or is he dumb...?

The club belongs to Ashley, more gate recipts = more money for the club

You're equation is missing one important part, profit.

Do you think Ashley would lose more or less money if no-one went? Just because he's not making a profit doesn't mean attendences are irrelevant to his situation.

I didn't mention anything about attendances being irrelevant.  Obviously bigger attendances minimise the clubs losses.  But the fact is the losses are continuing which makes the idea of Ashley hanging onto the club as he fills his pockets completely idiotic.

If he's hanging onto the club then he'll be doing so to try to sell it for more if/when we're promoted.

How do you know he's losing money?

If we lost £20m (was it) in the last set of accounts...

And we've gotten rid of £25m off the wage bill.

And earned £25m in transfer fees (say...half of that up front.)

And we got the parachute payment so the TV money isn't vastly reduced.

And we've released 3 new strips.

Isn't it possible he's not losing money this season?

We lost £30m in the last published accounts.  £41m in TV money has turned into £14m in parachute payments.  We're currently 15% down on attendances (£5m).  That's at least £32m down without even taking into account the fact that we're going to be down in merchandising as well.

What a pity Ashley is so dumb he didn't realise a relatively small investment in the team would have kept us in the PL. Or is he dumb...?

He's so thick he didn't even realise that an even lower level of investment in a half decent manager without almost fatal health problems would have kept us up :(

What do we get for telly payments this year? I know the whack is much lower but we're on every f***ing week.

I'm not sure how that works, its something I've asked before but nobody seems to know.  I do know its £264m, of which an unknown amount is spread across the 24 teams but I've got no idea how its distributed.  For comparison the Premiership is £1.8b distributed to 20 teams.

this is how it works

"Revenue from the agreements will be split according to the Football League's television income distribution mechanism, meaning 80% to the Championship, 12% to the League One and 8% to League Two. So clubs in every division will receive more than they currently do once the new deal kicks in. For clubs in League One, the incentive to gain promotion to the Championship becomes even greater."

Ah right, so that clears up how much money actually goes to Championship sides (£211.2m over three seasons).  But I wonder how that's distributed within the league?  I mean obviously it has to be based, to some degree, on the number of times each team is on TV.  But is there a basic rate plus bonus for being on TV plus extra for final league placing or what?

this is how it works

Ah right, so that clears up how much money actually goes to Championship sides (£211.2m over three seasons).  But I wonder how that's distributed within the league?  I mean obviously it has to be based, to some degree, on the number of times each team is on TV.  But is there a basic rate plus bonus for being on TV plus extra for final league placing or what?

I dont think theres extra for final place but i think there is a bonus for each televised match so we'll have the highest tv income in the football league

Guest Phil K

Bad news I'm afraid, one of the Red tops has Ashley quoted as saying he will not sell the club until his demands of this thread hit 1000 pages are met.

So, middle of next week, then?

Middle of next decade ?

Guest dazzanufc1892

if this thread hits 1000, i may have to replace the luque thread with this as my favourite ever thread

Rumours of Indian businessmen interested in taking over Newcastle. Go for it. At £100m Toon good value. Anyway, does Barry Moat have cash?

:lol:

in fairness he's right, sure we're in the championship but 4th biggest stadium in England loyal fanbase still turning out in huge numbers despite all the shit good training grounds already there, all the ingredients are present for a strong force in the league given some time and the right person in charge at boardroom and in the dugout.

Guest antz1uk

Henry Winter just tweeted that Indian businessmen are rumored to be interested in buying Newcastle.

Hope it's the Ambani brothers.

last time I was reading about these 2 (the 1st time he put it up for sale or just after he had bought it and there were rumours) it was reported that the 2 brothers don't get along

also another of his earlier quotes further down his tweet.... "You wouldn't rush to Dnepr for your hols. Old Soviet rocket factory city, closed to outsiders until 93. Skyline akin to Middlesbrough's"  :razz: O0 ;D

Guest antz1uk

someone please correct me if im wrong....

Ashley wants 100m for the club? (alledgedly!!)

we have an overdraft facility of approx 20/25m?

if someone rich enough, buys  the club and decides they dont want/need the overdraft.....

and we are currently utilising some of the overdraft... say 15/20m

surely it is ashleys responsibility to pay this back (which im sure would have to be paid back upon any sale) unless a new agreement is in place, however even if a new agreement was put in place, you are then buying the club for 100m + overdraft?

otherwise ashley gets 100m, pays back 15/20m so therefore gets 80/85m?

someone please correct me if im wrong....

Ashley wants 100m for the club? (alledgedly!!)

we have an overdraft facility of approx 20/25m?

if someone rich enough, buys  the club and decides they dont want/need the overdraft.....

and we are currently utilising some of the overdraft... say 15/20m

surely it is ashleys responsibility to pay this back (which im sure would have to be paid back upon any sale) unless a new agreement is in place, however even if a new agreement was put in place, you are then buying the club for 100m + overdraft?

otherwise ashley gets 100m, pays back 15/20m so therefore gets 80/85m?

the overdraft would be in the clubs name not mike ashley, the reason they are willing to give him a high one is they have been dealing with him for a couple of years and know he has the ability to pay off the overdraft if it came down to that.