RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are people really falling for this s*** again? Dear me.

tis better than moaning constantly about ashley not selling tbh

If you prefer to keep your head stuck in the sand then that's up to you, I guess.

If you prefer to keep your head stuck in the sand then that's up to you, I guess.

fake hope is better than no hope

Not really as it's going to come to fuck all so it's a total waste.

Guest ToonBart

exactly. Passes a few hours on a cold Autumn night.

exactly. Passes a few hours on a cold Autumn night.

Why?

Fake hope is not the way to go.

We have to face reality, no use living in denial...

Fact is that Chris have been given a contract, i is not a good sign IMO.

The truth is that no one know anthing about what the fat cunt thinks..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/20/newcastle-mike-ashley-chris-hughton

Newcastle's offer to Chris Hughton designed to smoke out Barry Moat

• Barry Moat prepared to offer only £80m in instalments

• Ashley and Hughton to talk after Doncaster game

Mike Ashley's determination to appoint Chris Hughton as Newcastle's permanent manager masks an ulterior motive. While sources close to the owner's ongoing efforts to sell the Championship club are agreed that he may well end up remaining in charge at St James' Park, they also suspect that talk of removing Hughton's caretaker tag this weekend is designed to put pressure on Barry Moat to stump up the money necessary to buy the sports retailer out.

Moat, a Tyneside businessman, has been in talks with Ashley for some months about a takeover which would see Alan Shearer's immediate reappointment as manager. Although Moat has, at long last, negotiated an overdraft facility after Barclays Bank proved sympathetic to his plan, the investors backing his bid are only prepared to pay Ashley £80m in instalments spread over a period of years.

Newcastle's owner recently reduced his asking price from £100m but is continuing to insist he is paid in full. Accordingly, serious doubts remain as to whether Moat's consortium can meet that demand. A rival South African group is said to also be expressing interest in moving in but several hurdles — and probably a few months — stand between it and any successful takeover.

Ashley is consequently said to be "torn" between holding on to the club before possibly selling it for more than £100m if promotion to the Premier League is achieved this season, and cutting his losses.

Having injected more than £250m into Newcastle since June 2007 he is loth to settle for £80m in instalments but fears that should the club fail to return to the Premier League this season his already dwindling investment could be worth even less next summer. "Ashley has a big dilemma," said a source.

He has also taken the precaution of re-negotiating his own overdraft facility with Barclays, an arrangement which would permit him to allow Hughton to invest around £5m on the team this January.

Detailed talks over a managerial contract are scheduled to take place between Ashley and the former Tottenham Hotspur assistant following Saturday's home game against Doncaster Rovers, although the latter seems to think it is virtually a done deal.

Speaking ahead of tonight's trip to Scunthorpe United, Hughton said: "Yes, the club have offered me something and they have told me they want to turn it from a temporary into a permanent position. I am delighted by that. It will be a plus to get it resolved in the near future. To manage this club is an honour for anybody and certainly for me."

Guest toonlass

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/20/newcastle-mike-ashley-chris-hughton

Mike Ashley's determination to appoint Chris Hughton as Newcastle's permanent manager masks an ulterior motive. While sources close to the owner's ongoing efforts to sell the Championship club are agreed that he may well end up remaining in charge at St James' Park, they also suspect that talk of removing Hughton's caretaker tag this weekend is designed to put pressure on Barry Moat to stump up the money necessary to buy the sports retailer out.

Moat, a Tyneside businessman, has been in talks with Ashley for some months about a takeover which would see Alan Shearer's immediate reappointment as manager. Although Moat has, at long last, negotiated an overdraft facility after Barclays Bank proved sympathetic to his plan, the investors backing his bid are only prepared to pay Ashley £80m in instalments spread over a period of years.

Newcastle's owner recently reduced his asking price from £100m but is continuing to insist he is paid in full. Accordingly, serious doubts remain as to whether Moat's consortium can meet that demand. A rival South African group is said to also be expressing interest in moving in but several hurdles — and probably a few months — stand between it and any successful takeover.

Ashley is consequently said to be "torn" between holding on to the club before possibly selling it for more than £100m if promotion to the Premier League is achieved this season, and cutting his losses.

Having injected more than £250m into Newcastle since June 2007 he is loth to settle for £80m in instalments but fears that should the club fail to return to the Premier League this season his already dwindling investment could be worth even less next summer. "Ashley has a big dilemma," said a source.

He has also taken the precaution of re-negotiating his own overdraft facility with Barclays, an arrangement which would permit him to allow Hughton to invest around £5m on the team this January.

Detailed talks over a managerial contract are scheduled to take place between Ashley and the former Tottenham Hotspur assistant following Saturday's home game against Doncaster Rovers, although the latter seems to think it is virtually a done deal.

Speaking ahead of tonight's trip to Scunthorpe United, Hughton said: "Yes, the club have offered me something and they have told me they want to turn it from a temporary into a permanent position. I am delighted by that. It will be a plus to get it resolved in the near future. To manage this club is an honour for anybody and certainly for me."

Dangerous game

Dangerous game

:lol: Ya reckon?!

:no: Seems like Russian Roulette :suicide:

Mike ashley is he kind of guy who would play a total war game and would try and conqure the world or the known world by only using a peasent army which is ill trained and lacks equipment.

He would pocket the cash he saves.

Mmm, my theory from yesterday (and someone else's if I remember correctly).So he screws Keegan, Shearer and now Hughton, nice guy Fatash, full of class. I wonder if Hughton will put up with being used as a pawn? Probably. He'll stay until chucked.

Haway Barry man, do the business, at this rate we'll be hoying ourselves off the Tyne Bridge en masse.

Ashley is still in the top 15 richest owners in English football and yet we aren't even on of the top 20 clubs.  I don't know anything about Moat's finances or personality but you'd be hard pressed to find a worse owner than Ashley.  Under Ashley we aren't spending a penny, even Moat spending next to nothing would be a bloody improvement.

Having Ashley as an owner is like having a cruel stepfather, he hates your guts but tries not to be too blatant about it. Moat would be like a Guardian Angel in his place. Ashley has money but refuses to spend it (because he has some kind of plan of buying kids to sell on like he sells his crap trainers), at least Moat would be in a position to find backers and has a genuine love for the club (we assume). Nothing could be worse than this for the club, to have a guy who walks all over us and enjoys it like a school yard bully.

Guest ToonBart

come on sillius,

dont just linger,

be a sport

And point the finger.....      O0

Come on Sillius

there's a good chap

feed us with

your random crap :laugh2:

Sillious came posting one day,

In a random and riddily way,

in the know so he said,