If Fat Freddy took over the club...

Parky

Guest sicko2ndbest

Freddy Shepherd as Chairman, someone who actually knows how to run a football club and the ins and outs that go with it

+

a significant backer who was prepared to put his/her own money in

would do for me!

I'm hoping for new blood with big money behind them but with the intention of making us good for the long term. Not a bunch of local fella's scrimping £100m together between them and us being spunked back into debtsville so that fat c*** can play hero.

I'm hoping that some fans stop living in delusional la la land.

I'd rather win the lottery than have to go to work every day, doesn't mean I'm going to get it.

There's no chance in hell that we're going to get an owner with big money.  They just aren't around in the current climate, and if they were they wouldn't waste their money in football, and if they did they wouldn't choose this club.

We're in financial ruin, the new owners have a hell of a moutain to climb and they are dealing with fans on the edge. One wrong decision and they'd be f***ed. Who'd want that?

The best we can hope for is someone local to come and try and sort it out and get us stable again.

Is La La Land where Portsmouth are taken over by a loaded Arab only a few days ago?

You do know why we're in financial debt right? If you think it's all the current owners fault and you'd welcome that fat c*** back then La La Land must be occupied be you and you only.

Oh, and on one wrong decision f***ing us up as you allude to........................would you want FFS presiding over the club, if that's the case, given his history of getting major decisions completely wrong? I wouldn't. Shoot me.

Funny that. I didn't mention Shepherd once in that post.

I don't want Fat Freddy and his debt-y ways back actually, but we aren't going to get some multi-billionaire knocking on our door to save the day. There has to be some happy medium between it all.

Yeah, but this is Newcastle United.  :pow:

...and put Shearer in charge with money from outgoing transfers plus 15m to spend.....What would the feeling be on here?

I'd wonder where he'd found 15m from and how much it was really going to cost the club.

Shepherd started the rot here, Ashley utterly failed to arrest the decline, but the rot set in with Freddy.  I'm fed up with the club simply lurching from one crisis to another and that's something that wouldn't stop with Shepherd's return.

Absolutely gutted.

We're really in the s*** and that fat b****** is the last person I want charged with saving us.

I'm hoping for new blood with big money behind them but with the intention of making us good for the long term. Not a bunch of local fella's scrimping £100m together between them and us being spunked back into debtsville so that fat c*** can play hero.

f*** him. The fat arsehole.

This!, never want to see the Fat cunt at club ever again.

I heard many years ago that Shearer would never accept the role of Manager under FFS and that was from a hugely reliable source.

Safe to say there's no love lost.

I heard there's no ice in ice cream.

I'd dance a fkn jig mate, yes there would be a bit of worry but I would feel very optimistic.

People really do have short memory's.  He is as bad as Ashley just in a very different way

Surely the issue was freddy backing crap managers with money, they then wasted it & we did rubbish...barely made much back etc

When we had good managers he was the perfect owner, backs them, they make good purchases, teams improves and we make it back.

So i suppose its based on a persons faith in shearer being a good manager. His ability in the transfer market also, he'd certainly have some extra pull for players simply from his name.

If he does turn out to be very good, freddy would turn out to be a good owner ?

He undermined Robson on numerous occasions. Carrick, Miguel, Beattie, Robson wanted players like that, but Shepherd knew better so we ended up with the Butts and Carrs of this world. Did the same with Souness too.

Maybe Shearer would be too big a character for Shepherd to undermine. But that's only considering direct undermining of the manager - with Shepherd, it seemed to be a manipulative undermining. Bid low for the player the manager wants, knowing that the clubs won't accept those bids, and hey presto, the manager doesn't get the players he wants. It's then a case of presenting the players that Shepherd and his advisors/agents want (or in other words, would gain economic benefits from when purchased) as the only real options, which essentially forces the manager to agree to the signing.

Guest Joe90

Fat Fred should stick to what he does best - watching muff munching hookers in some backstreet dive. Where is our self respect? The egotistical blob holds us all in snearing contempt and was caught out admitting it. Don't anyone tell me that getting him back is in any way progressive for NUFC. What a load of bollocks. I've stood/sat at Sid James since God knows when watching the crap, the deluded, the shite, the average, the decent, the good, the entertainers and the cup winners and if the only way out is to see the return of the bloke who started this devastating period of recklessness both personal and financial that's me done. Finished. Finito. You don't go back to the past because we are where we are because of that past.

We need a totally new outlook and attitude at this club. New owners with a professional understanding of what needs to be done.

Fat Fred should stick to what he does best - watching muff munching hookers in some backstreet dive. Where is our self respect? The egotistical blob holds us all in snearing contempt and was caught out admitting it. Don't anyone tell me that getting him back is in any way progressive for NUFC. What a load of bollocks. I've stood/sat at Sid James since God knows when watching the crap, the deluded, the shite, the average, the decent, the good, the entertainers and the cup winners and if the only way out is to see the return of the bloke who started this devastating period of recklessness both personal and financial that's me done. Finished. Finito. You don't go back to the past because we are where we are because of that past.

We need a totally new outlook and attitude at this club. New owners with a professional understanding of what needs to be done.

Nail. On. Head.

Great post.

Guest Stephen927

My best memories as a NUFC supporter came with Shepherd in charge but there is no doubt he made some huge mistakes during his reign. I would be wary if he were to buy the club, complete opposite to Ashley in that he will invest and back his manager wherever possible with funds.