If Fat Freddy took over the club...

Parky

At the very least, he's a fan and has some understanding of football, which is an improvement

this.

i also trust him more than ashley.

still gutted at the timing of this all though.

Guest Brewcastle

Would be a massive step backwards. FS had his time - move on.

The universe is moving toward ultimate complexity.

The world moves from spring  to summer, to autumn, to winter, to........ ooops.... spring 

Fat Fred should stick to what he does best - watching muff munching hookers in some backstreet dive. Where is our self respect? The egotistical blob holds us all in snearing contempt and was caught out admitting it. Don't anyone tell me that getting him back is in any way progressive for NUFC. What a load of bollocks. I've stood/sat at Sid James since God knows when watching the crap, the deluded, the shite, the average, the decent, the good, the entertainers and the cup winners and if the only way out is to see the return of the bloke who started this devastating period of recklessness both personal and financial that's me done. Finished. Finito. You don't go back to the past because we are where we are because of that past.

We need a totally new outlook and attitude at this club. New owners with a professional understanding of what needs to be done.

Nail. On. Head.

Great post.

:clap:

Just doing some research on club finances and found out that Man Utd's wages when they won the Premiership in 06/07 was £74m. Our wages right now are £74m. :kinnear:

Next month we can take Owen, Viduka and god willing a few others off that.

To be honest, I think Ashley blames Shepherd over a lot of the things that went wrong, so can imagine so if there is enough interest, I reckon Ashley would choose to deal with an alternative.

Barca is owned by its ever-growing membership of 156,366 'socis' (members), who pay 150euros each year and are represented by a randomly-selected group who meet with the board and vote on major decisions.

These representatives have a major say on significant issues such as sponsorship, finances and sporting affairs, while the president of the club is elected in four-yearly polls.

The achievements of the illustrious club since its founding in 1899 are testament to the ongoing success of the structure, as is the fact many clubs have attempted to copy the model over the years.

So why does Barca's system work so well?

All adult members are eligible to vote in the presidential elections every four years.

Club members selected randomly by computer and age, and 25 chosen by the board, join the directors, former presidents and other officials at the annual delegates assembly to discuss key issues, approve the annual report and forthcoming projects.

Only members can buy season tickets, with membership fees contributing to the overall price of the ticket.

Fiscal rewards for membership include discounted tickets for the club's various sports teams including football, basketball, handball and hockey as well as club magazines, e-mail updates, sporting and cultural activities and free entry to the Nou Camp tour and museum.

Guest fading star

Not likely is it. Shepherd liked the limelight, and the money making opportunities. I’d be seriously worried about the judgement of any consortium that made him chairman. Some kind of ‘honorary’ position to massage his ego perhaps.

The fat bastard hasnt learnt from any of his mistakes. He blames everyone else whenever he's interviewed. I would hate to see him back. Unfortunatly i can see only pain ahead. Even if we do end up with a brand new arab buying the club, no doubt we would get the most useless fuckin arab going. If we were to get an American owner, he wouldnt be a Randy Lerner, it would be some fat shit clueless American. The worst American owner going.

Can the people saying they would welcome the fatboy back not remember how we felt about him before he left? Most people though Ashley was a saint for coming in and getting rid of the guy!

He was an absolute nightmare of an owner by the end, and I can't see how NUFC would benefit in any way if he came back.

Guest Brewcastle

Sheperd into NUFC isn't the worst that can happen. He at least backed the manager. And it seems like he loves The Toon. From outside UK the branding of NUFC looked professional under Sheperd. And may even many here don't like it: To build a brand outside UK is important for a club with ambitions.

Shepherd's most prolific idiocy came in his appointment and handling of managers, and truthfully I don't think you'd have that problem if Shearer was in charge. In terms of ambition etc, and willingness to spend money he was pretty great.

Shepherd's most prolific idiocy came in his appointment and handling of managers, and truthfully I don't think you'd have that problem if Shearer was in charge. In terms of ambition etc, and willingness to spend money he was pretty great.

So long as Fat Fred chose the players not the Manager. Then yes!, he was generous.

Hence my Shearer caveat in the OP.

Freddy might be a fat cunt but he is our fat cunt, a geordie through and through.  The leader of the geordie nation.

:crazy2:

Anyone thinking that this is going to be better then Ashley, have a good word with yourself.

People do crazy things when theya re rock bottom.

Aye, spending the sort of money the club could no longer afford to. What a boy.

It's a tough call. If he came back with a consortium with him having very little financial clout then yes, i probably would think it would be a good move for us currently.

What i wouldn't want is him coming back with big power and big money invested as he'd just try and screw the club out of money so he can buy a bigger % of us like he did last time.

He's a better Chairman than Mike Ashley/Lambarse, though i do not trust him at all.

Guest sittingontheball

Fat Fred should stick to what he does best - watching muff munching hookers in some backstreet dive. Where is our self respect? The egotistical blob holds us all in snearing contempt and was caught out admitting it. Don't anyone tell me that getting him back is in any way progressive for NUFC. What a load of bollocks. I've stood/sat at Sid James since God knows when watching the crap, the deluded, the s****, the average, the decent, the good, the entertainers and the cup winners and if the only way out is to see the return of the bloke who started this devastating period of recklessness both personal and financial that's me done. Finished. Finito. You don't go back to the past because we are where we are because of that past.

We need a totally new outlook and attitude at this club. New owners with a professional understanding of what needs to be done.

Nail. On. Head.

Great post.

:clap:

+1

FFS back would be the ultimate punchline for the year we've just had.

Aye, spending the sort of money the club could no longer afford to. What a boy.

Yeah, whereas the current regime's solution of spending only the money that the club could afford was a fucking resounding success, wasn't it?