ESPN UK wins Premier League TV rights - Free on Virgin Media's Top package.

Interpolic

Irrespective of how s*** Santana coverage is, or was, no-one who appreciates value for money should really be happy about this. Sultana was a competitior of Sky and, even if ever so slightly, made Sky look over their shoulder from time to time and consider their prices.

:lol:

How do you work that out like? I pay more for Setanta than I ever did for Prem Plus and Sky have increased their prices on a regular basis.

Setanta is a channel and Prem Plus wasn't, essentially

So what? Fact is I pay more to see what I want than I used to before the ruling. How that is helping the consumer I've no idea.

I'm just saying, the fact that Setanta is more than Prem Plus is perfectly justifiable given that Setanta showed more games

Irrespective of how s*** Santana coverage is, or was, no-one who appreciates value for money should really be happy about this. Sultana was a competitior of Sky and, even if ever so slightly, made Sky look over their shoulder from time to time and consider their prices.

How do you work that out like? I pay more for Setanta than I ever did for Prem Plus and Sky have increased their prices on a regular basis.

So what? Fact is I pay more to see what I want than I used to before the ruling. How that is helping the consumer I've no idea.

I'm just saying, the fact that Setanta is more than Prem Plus is perfectly justifiable given that Setanta showed more games

They did? Prem Plus used to be £50 for 50 games. Setanta only ever had 46 games didn't they? For more than double the cost.

PS - I'm not on about all the other stuff they show. I'm on about the Premier League.

Hope it goes to a freeview channel.

How on earth would they afford it though, if their only income is through advertising?

It surely will go to a new subscription-only channel or someone huge enough to buy it just to increase their profile, like ESPN.

Apparently someone said Living TV are the favourites, I think they are on freeview?

They did? Prem Plus used to be £50 for 50 games. Setanta only ever had 46 games didn't they? For more than double the cost.

PS - I'm not on about all the other stuff they show. I'm on about the Premier League.

Fair enough, I was thinking of the FA cup and SPL etc etc

to be fair though, I've only paid £30 and i've had it for 10 months  :lol:

RIP having to see Pat Dolans moonface spouting bullshit.

Pat Dolan worked on the Setanta Ireland show which is the coverage that North Americans got. Setanta Ireland may trade seperately from the UK arm of the company.

This article is a bit old but it sounds like nothing much will change for us in Canada at least, which is a good thing, give me a pompous t*** talking at half time like Dolan over no coverage at all.

http://fulltimefootballshow.blogspot.com/2009/06/setanta-canada-what-happens-here-in.html

Hope it goes to a freeview channel.

How on earth would they afford it though, if their only income is through advertising?

It surely will go to a new subscription-only channel or someone huge enough to buy it just to increase their profile, like ESPN.

Apparently someone said Living TV are the favourites, I think they are on freeview?

I heard they've pulled their interest as they've got all their funding tied to a new Jade Goody reality show.

(a.k.a. I was joking when I said LivingTV were front runners you retard :lol:)

Guest pont-toon

isnt this bad for north east jobs - im sure they have a call centre in makemland ?

can anyone confirm or deny this allegation ?

RIP having to see Pat Dolans moonface spouting bullshit.

Pat Dolan worked on the Setanta Ireland show which is the coverage that North Americans got. Setanta Ireland may trade seperately from the UK arm of the company.

This article is a bit old but it sounds like nothing much will change for us in Canada at least, which is a good thing, give me a pompous t*** talking at half time like Dolan over no coverage at all.

http://fulltimefootballshow.blogspot.com/2009/06/setanta-canada-what-happens-here-in.html

Agreed that some coverage will be better than none - I do the setanta-i thing over broadband -  I just hate that fucker with a passion. 

isnt this bad for north east jobs - im sure they have a call centre in makemland ?

I think they do, as I talked to a mackem when canceling mine a year ago, saying they had no more NUFC games left or something. He made some jibe I believe.

Funnily enough I just cancelled my subscription earlier on this afternoon. I'm going to choose to believe that it was my withdrawal of support that took them over the edge.  :coolsmiley:

I think they do, as I talked to a mackem when canceling mine a year ago, saying they had no more NUFC games left or something. He made some jibe I believe.

The lass I spoke to was a Mackem - though she was professional enough to accept my reason for cancelling without argument and with only the merest of smirk in her voice.

I went to cancel my payment to them then I realised the feckers take a continous card payment, by right I will owe them the £12.99 but I am of the thinking they have bigger things to worry about than my £12.99. My bank told me at this stage I either can cancel my debit card which is a bit drastic or wait for them to take payment and then dispute the transaction. They are not dull when it comes to some things, it does protect them a bit from cancelled payments.