The England Thread

Pilko

Probably just time to accept we're shite and will continue to be. 2 semi finals in major tournaments since 1966, barely even a second rate nation tbh.

People were convinced Italy and Uruguay were not that good. Italy got to a major final 2 years ago and Uruguay won one 3 years ago.

Guest neesy111

It's not about tonight or this tournament, it's about decades of failure..

:thup:

How are smaller countries producing better teams or better players than us.    Some isn't right.

Certainly our mentality is an issue, you could see the confidence change from us scoring vs flapping at clearances first half.

Still, we played 70 mins of the game with Uruguay having 2 banks of players between Gerrard/Henderson & our forwards. They covered Sterling & it was basically left to Baines. Hodgson shouldve adapted it far earlier, they had our number easily.

Aye, we're a bunch of also rans and have been for a while. There's absolutely no reason that a country of our size as passionate about football as we are should be shit at the sport like :lol:

The FA burning needs burning to the ground.

EDIT: I'm typing like an absolute spacker tonight like, time for bed.

Guest neesy111

The FA need public inquiries into they are putting 100's millions into the game with little reward imo.

It really is simple, you change the rules and put in a system which encourages young players to develop their technical ability right from the first day they start playing.

Accompany that with restrictions on English players at the top level and you will produce quality players consistently.

We can spend all night debating about this England side, they're simply not good enough but do have some very talented young players.

Btw, it's light and day how we are at the back with out JT since 2012.

Glad you (of all people) have acknowledged that, mate.

Terry's by a country mile our best defender and captain. Ridiculous that he's not there, and for the record I said it long before a ball was kicked.

Terry's by a country mile our best defender and captain. Ridiculous that he's not there, and for the record I said it long before a ball was kicked.

The fact he is 4 years past his best and still the best English defender in the country is embarrassing.

I think everyone knows he's better than Phil Jagielka.

Regardless of whether or not the players we're bringing through are as good as the other major nations are, the squad we could have had at this World Cup is definitely good enough to have done more than "show some encouraging signs" against Italy.

I like Roy but he hasn't managed to get this side playing together at all, we looked alright when we managed to feed the front line for about 10 minutes on Saturday, then Italy pretty much said "fuck you" and shut us down, nothing much since.

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/feb2013/Thumbs_21.gif

We simply can't get away from the concept of picking the supposedly 'best' eleven players (including a few that are only in there because of their club), chucking them together and expecting it to just work.

There's currently no such thing as the England team, and it's been this way for ages.

Guest neesy111

Glenn Hoddle was the last genuine good manager we had and he had to fuck it up with his religion shit.

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/feb2013/Thumbs_21.gif

I don't want congrats. I just don't want to be accused of using hindsight.

It was the fear of the ball for me tonight above all else. You could see Gerrard and Henderson had clearly been asked to sit and shield balls into Suarez' feet, of which there were few, but when we needed an outlet they were rarely seen. Night and day between our approach and Italy's, for instance, and criminal at this level in the centre of your midfield.

I'm abroad and have been keeping up to date with the England build up via 5Live. All they've done is talk about Pirlo and Suarez and how to stop them. Pirlo is 35 years old ffs. The English game is riddled with fear. Pardew would be perfect for the job.

Guest neesy111

Anyone talking about Terry must have forgotten Germany 2010, easily the worst defensive performance i've seen from England, it was like us at our worst.

All 11 were shit on that day, not just Terry your just trying to create a scapegoat for your argument on that one.

Anyone talking about Terry must have forgotten Germany 2010, easily the worst defensive performance i've seen from England, it was like us at our worst.

So much hyperbole.

Be quiet. As if Terry's culpability comes close to that of Upson, David James and a totally porous, pedestrian midfield.

Guest neesy111

Be quiet. As if Terry's culpability comes close to that of Upson, David James and a totally porous, pedestrian midfield.

:thup:

You be quiet, Terry wasn't culpable??? He was supposed to be the leader of the defence, a criticism you often aim at Coloccini, he was more to blame than anyone for that circus.