The England Thread

Pilko

• 1 month later...

Full squad: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City); Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur); Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal); Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal)

Think of all the defenders from recent years who weren't first choice who would walk straight into the team of 2015. Keown, King, Woodgate, Carragher, Upson. Definitely the worst squad in my time (which is one reason why I think sacking Roy after the world cup would have been pointless)

Think of all the defenders from recent years who weren't first choice who would walk straight into the team of 2015. Keown, King, Woodgate, Carragher, Upson. Definitely the worst squad in my time (which is one reason why I think sacking Roy after the world cup would have been pointless)

No it wouldn't because Roy and his coaching staff pale in comparison to the best teams in international football. It's been the biggest problem with England for like 2 decades, the coaching and tactical acumen is abysmal and still is.

Also it's nowhere near the worst squad, not even close.

John  Terry is.  :whistle:

He's not looked that impressive since the turn of the year. Without Matic in front he's looked ordinary. But aye overall he's probably been the best CB this season.

I think he needs to be recalled. He'd add some much needed experience to the team. Plus him and Cahill are Chelsea's CBs.

John  Terry is.  :whistle:

He's not looked that impressive since the turn of the year. Without Matic in front he's looked ordinary. But aye overall he's probably been the best CB this season.

I think he needs to be recalled. He'd add some much needed experience to the team. Plus him and Cahill are Chelsea's CBs.

Nope. He should be banned for life from England after what he was found guilty of. He was never as good for England as he was Chelsea and at 35 by the Euro's that won't change.