The England Thread

Pilko

can we add a poll?  'Who fell in love with Ghana at the World Cup?'

According to ITV, we all did.

I thought it was hilarious when Uruguay beat them.

Yup. My biggest cheer of the tournament was probably when Gyan missed his pen.

Same. Not that I hated Ghana or owt, but I like Uruguay and it was funny how the whole AFRICAN COUNTRY!!1!1!!111!! thing was shot down.

1-1.

You think they'd won the World Cup :lol:

Celebrating a last minute Gyan equaliser, that in the grand scheme of things is pretty meaningless, as if it's a World Cup winner? Sounds familiar.

Yoink. Plagiarising that fucker :lol:

Carroll  is as articulate as he is handsome; real engrossing stuff from him.

Capello is working with him on his speaking skills.

"Eetsa notsa baad, eetsa nice-a plaace, why you looka so saaaad..."

Same. Not that I hated Ghana or owt, but I like Uruguay and it was funny how the whole AFRICAN COUNTRY!!1!1!!111!! thing was shot down.

Quite.

Ghana fans and players made it a class game, enjoyed watching it.

Was a really good game but It'd drive me nuts if Toon fans were so giddy. I've seen Japanese schoolgirls with more composure.

Guest toonarmymia

1-1.

You think they'd won the World Cup :lol:

Celebrating a last minute Gyan equaliser, that in the grand scheme of things is pretty meaningless, as if it's a World Cup winner? Sounds familiar.

That needs tweeting... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Chubby Jason

Carroll  is as articulate as he is handsome; real engrossing stuff from him.

Capello is working with him on his speaking skills.

"Eetsa notsa baad, eetsa nice-a plaace, why you looka so saaaad..."

:lol:

Never understood how Africans all love each other, where as pretty much every other continent seems to hate there neighbours.

I think its more that they can join together to have a go at the colonial powers. Sportswise anway.

anyone that missed it can see highlights of that 1-1 friendly with Ghana ITV have just finished showing the full 90 minutes of, again, right after the news.  :thup:

Champions League stylee.

Disappointing all round really. Carroll scored and didn't bite someones ear off. England didn't lose and three Sunderland players walked off the pitch looking pretty healthy.

Carroll sounds like a right thick homo, but really that's the highlight of the night.  :lol:

Some right miserable fuckers in here :lol: Ghana fans and players made it a class game, enjoyed watching it.

I agree whats with the hatred ffs ,Ghana for me where one of the few good things about 2010 W.C and that draw for them at Wembley will be a massive achiement for them football wise you miserable bastards  ;D

Guest Stephen927

It was an enjoyable game, AC took his goal very well but on the whole looked like he needed more gametime. The 4-3-3 is looking our best option, but I very much doubt Capello will drop Rooney.. scratch that, I doubt he is even allowed to drop Rooney long-term.

It was an enjoyable game, AC took his goal very well but on the whole looked like he needed more gametime. The 4-3-3 is looking our best option, but I very much doubt Capello will drop Rooney.. scratch that, I doubt he is even allowed to drop Rooney long-term.

Rooney will play left as he did v Wales. England still look like they'd get crucified against a top team but certainly look better than they did playing 442 of recent.

Guest Stephen927

Rooney will play left as he did v Wales. England still look like they'd get crucified against a top team but certainly look better than they did playing 442 of recent.

I see the argument for playing Rooney on the left as he has played there more than a few times for Man United, but the way he has been playing he looks like the ball will just bounce off him everytime he takes a touch. Capello is a dead man walking anyways, so it's a bit of a moot point, but it would send a very big message if Rooney were to be left out for the rest of the qualifying campaign.