The England Thread

Pilko

He was in the squad, just not on the bench.

He's had a fucking atrocious season, there are players in better form ahead of him. He should just shut the fuck up and get on with it instead of being a whingy cunt with a ludicrous sense of entitlement.

No loss, lanky streak of piss that he is.

Why should he be on the bench? What has he done to justify his place ahead of others? Even if he did legitimately feel that he deserved a place on the substitutes bench ahead of his fellow squad members that is absolutely zero justification to fucking retire in disgust.  :lol:

These shite players spitting their dummy out for not starting/being called up/making the bench/whatever for England is embarrassing. Should be thanking their lucky stars that they ever get near an England squad, wankers.

Why should he be on the bench? What has he done to justify his place ahead of others? Even if he did legitimately feel that he deserved a place on the substitutes bench ahead of his fellow squad members that is absolutely zero justification to fucking retire in disgust.  :lol:

These shite players spitting their dummy out for not starting/being called up/making the bench/whatever for England is embarrassing. Should be thanking their lucky stars that they ever get near an England squad, wankers.

Eh? His record for England speaks for itself. It's ironic how Bent's had a brilliant season but can't hit a barn door for England. Crouch, admittedly, has had a poor one - and never really broken any boundaries at any of his clubs, but he's consistently scored goals for England.

It's the same typical shite that we've had since Eriksson and beyond. We pick the wrong players - pure, plain and simple. Complete joke that he wasn't even on the bench last night, especially when you consider we lost ideas and just started pumping it long for the last quarter of an hour. I thought he must've been injured. For Capello to choose Zamora ahead of him, and not even bring him on when Bent was missing open goals from ten yards, simply compounds the situation. Ridiculous.

However, i can't deny that his actions today are totally over-the-top and childish - regardless of whether or not he should have been in the side. Fight your way back into the side, you mong.

So let me get this right - Crouch has retired himself from International football because he hasn't been picked for a game against Switzerland after a shit season?

Sensitive little fanny.

:lol:

I bet you're also somebody who is of the opinion that players should be picked on form? Ignore the contradiction when it suits the agenda against Capello though.

Bent is in better form for club, and had scored in his last 3 internationals. Crouch has been absolutely atrocious for a good 2 seasons, his goalscoring record against the footballing dross shouldn't make him an automatic pick. Him throwing his dummy out and quitting international football because two of his fellow pros were picked ahead of him is absolutely pathetic, and not justifiable in any wa. Absolute shitehawk that he evidently is.

:lol:

I bet you're also somebody who is of the opinion that players should be picked on form? Ignore the contradiction when it suits the agenda against Capello though.

Bent is in better form for club, and had scored in his last 3 internationals. Crouch has been absolutely atrocious for a good 2 seasons, his goalscoring record against the footballing dross shouldn't make him an automatic pick. Him throwing his dummy out and quitting international football because two of his fellow pros were picked ahead of him is absolutely pathetic, and not justifiable in any wa. Absolute shitehawk that he evidently is.

Am i justifying it - i've already said about three times Crouch has acted like a prick. He should've been on the bench last night, though. Fwiw, i would've started with Bent last night, too.

And bugger off with the agenda shite, Sewelly. Does a firm opinion have to be an agenda on here now? Give over.

Yes, he wasn't good last night - missing an open goal can't be excused. However he can very much hit a barn door for England. :lol:

Aye, it was over-the-top, i confess. Like i say, i thought Capello was correct to start with him last night.

I was simply caught up in the waves of my agenda! ;)

Sorry but, no, I really don't understand your point. If he'd picked Crouch and had Zamora on the bench, with Bent then retiring in disgust...and Crouch missing the sitter in the game you'd be slamming Capello for not picking the in form player. You clearly don't rate or like Capello, so any 'mistake' or something in which you're disagreeable to can then be twisted in hindsight to suit your vendetta against him.

Capello has made a lot of mistakes with England, and has struggled to adapt to international football, but he is not the fundamental problem with the England team. The problem is too many average players, with limited technical ability, highly inflated opinions of themselves and absolutely rotten attitudes to playing for their country. I'd have walked out of the job by now if I was Capello, because the whole set-up from the very top, to the very bottom and to the ludicrous importance of the press is all an absolute fucking joke. Fair play to him though, he's going to milk the FA for all they've got and walk away a richer man.

Okay, a few posts were made in the process I did that one. So your complaint here is that Crouch should have been on the bench. You really think it's such a mistake that having Crouch on the bench would have made a massive difference? Come on man...

Zamora is in better form (and IMO is the better player). Personally I think he was right to make the bench ahead of Crouch. The real mistake was the fact Milner exists, but not only that started and played 90 minutes in a wide area. :suicide:

Sorry but, no, I really don't understand your point. If he'd picked Crouch and had Zamora on the bench, with Bent then retiring in disgust...and Crouch missing the sitter in the game you'd be slamming Capello for not picking the in form player. You clearly don't rate or like Capello, so any 'mistake' or something in which you're disagreeable to can then be twisted in hindsight to suit your vendetta against him.

Capello has made a lot of mistakes with England, and has struggled to adapt to international football, but he is not the fundamental problem with the England team. The problem is too many average players, with limited technical ability, highly inflated opinions of themselves and absolutely rotten attitudes to playing for their country. I'd have walked out of the job by now if I was Capello, because the whole set-up from the very top, to the very bottom and to the ludicrous importance of the press is all an absolute fucking joke. Fair play to him though, he's going to milk the FA for all they've got and walk away a richer man.

Alright Sewelly, i'll spell it out for you as i can see you're clearly struggling and/or only skim-reading my posts.

/ I'd have started Bent based on his terrific form this season.

/ I'd have put Crouch on the bench based on his terrific form for England, and due to the likelihood of us (at some point in the game) needing a big man who can win the ball in the air, and maybe nick a goal.

/ Crouch has acted like a prize bell-end for his outburst today.

/ I don't think Capello suits us in the slightest and yes, i feel that he has made mistakes. Not having Crouch on the bench last night being one of them. That's about the ferocity of my VENDETTA, though.

So your argument is shitty Crouch in shitty form was not on the bench in a game where he was unlikely to be brought on anyway. So this is a massive mistake which had a massive influence on the result?

Okay, a few posts were made in the process I did that one. So your complaint here is that Crouch should have been on the bench. You really think it's such a mistake that having Crouch on the bench would have made a massive difference? Come on man...

Zamora is in better form (and IMO is the better player). Personally I think he was right to make the bench ahead of Crouch. The real mistake was the fact Milner exists, but not only that started and played 90 minutes in a wide area. :suicide:

Aye, as i pointed out about a week ago. :lol:

Maybe if Zamora had actually come on, when it was clear Bent was going to get us absolutely nothing, we wouldn't be having this argument. The fact that he didn't speaks volumes.

So your argument is shitty Crouch in shitty form was not on the bench in a game where he was unlikely to be brought on anyway. So this is a massive mistake which had a massive influence on the result?

Gawd... where's the hyperbole come from? My argument is that Crouch, who's record for England speaks for itself, should have been on the bench. Massive mistake? Well, no, i didn't say that...? I do, however, think it would have been a better option to have than the untried Zamora. That okay?

And i'm leaving it at that. I've got a Capello doll and a selection of pins to attend to.

I don't think Crouch should have reacted in that way, but.....

I doubt if he'd have missed the open goal that fell to Bent. Crouch has always shown a lot of composure in an England shirt and usually puts those chances away. International football brings pressure and Crouch can handle it.

Guest Stephen927

If he doesn't want to be a part of it anymore then it's better to have him out of the squad. I hope the next manager remembers this.

Crouch has basically put himself above his country, I don't know what he's thinking, does he think the situation with the side will get better without him or that it's impossible to save and he just can't arse himself with it all? It must have been a huge inconvenience going away and training with the lads in a foreign country once every 4 months or so.

He encourages a style of play I'd rather not see from my teams anyways.