The England Thread

Pilko

You're being a little too protective over your player here KD.

No i don't feel i am. Crouch is donkey turd for us BUT for England he constantly delivers (more so then any other forward).

Constant tedium.  Odd goals against such giants as TRINIDAD AND TOBAGOOOO and Jamaica.

We need to move on.  Only a defensive Tottenham fan would have such a viewpoint that Crouch is the future for England...

Yet you're putting your faith in players who are 4th or 5th choice strikers for their clubs. Dear me.

If Crouch was good enough to be a leading striker for England he would not be plying his trade for Tottenham.  Seriously.

That logic is as bad as your spelling of the word "youngster" tbh.

You've  reverted to arguing using typos.  HAHAA

Seriously though, if he were potent enough to lead us to glory he'd be at better club.  Also, he be able to plunder more goals in the league...

No i don't feel i am. Crouch is donkey turd for us BUT for England he constantly delivers (more so then any other forward).

Constant tedium.  Odd goals against such giants as TRINIDAD AND TOBAGOOOO and Jamaica.

We need to move on.  Only a defensive Tottenham fan would have such a viewpoint that Crouch is the future for England...

Yet you're putting your faith in players who are 4th or 5th choice strikers for their clubs. Dear me.

Sturridge is going to be massive for Chelsea this season. Just watch.  Easily the most potent of their strikers in preseason.

Heck, you had him for half a season, you should know about his potential.

Welbeck is only 20 btw :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Carroll will do the job Crouch does and then some. I fully appreciate the job Crouch has done for England but I reckon you would struggle to find many England fans who would be adverse to him being left out now. We need to look to our future and those mentioned will offer more in the long term.

Our future consists of

1) Andy Carroll = fair enough

2) Wayne Rooney = Fair enough

3) Daniel Sturridge = Fair enough

4) Danny Welbeck = you mean that guy that runs a lot and does fuck all else?

Maybe Wickham might step up eventually but as of right now Crouch should be th 4th striker. He's tried and tested and will add much needed experience.

Crouch isn't as good as Bent for a start?  5 choice on your logic. 

Plus, will say this now, bookmark this post and come back in a few years when Welbeck is leading the line for England.  Crouch will probably be sat in the stands with those guys who you're desperate to shift, but you can't because you're demanding silly money for them...

Sturridge is going to be massive for Chelsea this season. Just watch.  Easily the most potent of their strikers in preseason.

Heck, you had him for half a season, you should know about his potential.

Welbeck is only 20 btw :lol:

Half a season in good form for Bolton is hardly the benchmark for the future of England. By that logic, Michael Ricketts would have been an England regular since 2002

Guest kingdawson

If Crouch was good enough to be a leading striker for England he would not be plying his trade for Tottenham.  Seriously.

That logic is as bad as your spelling of the word "youngster" tbh.

You've  reverted to arguing using typos.  HAHAA

Seriously though, if he were potent enough to lead us to glory he'd be at better club.  Also, he be able to plunder more goals in the league...

Crouch isn't as good as Bent for a start?  5 choice on your logic. 

You mean the same Darren Bent that has looked utter shit on the international stage? the on that's missed countless sitters and can't even score against the "minnows" you criticise Crouch for scoring against?

You have to think outside the box sometimes. We have Rooney with Sturridge as his back up and we have Carroll who would need a back up (especially with his recent injury record). Now who's similar to him? hmmmmmmm i wonder.

Guest kingdawson

Seems I'm in agreement with such unhealthy folks as SAF and Capello. 

Feels good to be unhealthy.

Yes that's the same Capello that's also picked the player we're currently arguing about (Crouch) is it? your logic is that of a 2 year old.

Seems I'm in agreement with such unhealthy folks as SAF and Capello. 

Feels good to be unhealthy.

Yes that's the same Capello that's also picked the player we're currently arguing about (Crouch) is it? your logic is that of a 2 year old.

Yeah, that post was just shit 'one-up-manship'.  Also, you should quit with your pathetic insults, doesn't help peoples perception of yourself.

Will assume that AVB wants Sturridge rested and Crouch is just a stop gap.  Will be gone by the Euros and we will have a better chance of success :)

Guest kingdawson

I couldn't care less about peoples perception of me tbh and your logic when answering questions (not just this thread) is questionable to say the least so of course i'm going to point something out if it sounds silly.

Like the fact that you'v cited AVB's request to have Sturridge rested as the reason Capello selected Crouch whilst ignoring all the other caps he's won under Capello (the guy that stops you being unhealthy remember?)

Guest kingdawson

Crouch managed 4 goals in 28 games last year.

Sturridge doubled that in only 12 games.

Wow.

The only thing "wow" about that post is you posting it despite me stating time and time again how much of a donkey he is for us. Wow.

Like the fact that you'v cited AVB's request to have Sturridge rested as the reason Capello selected Crouch whilst ignoring all the other caps he's won under Capello (the guy that stops you being unhealthy remember?)

That was wishful thinking...

Long story short...  Crouch is not good enough to win England anything; we need to look to the future (and to better players) such as Sturridge.  Dissapointed Crouch is selected.  End.

Robert Green, Joe Hart, David Stockdale

Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, John Terry, Kyle Walker

Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Stewart Downing, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Scott Parker, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young

Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

Don't understand why Sturridge isn't getting in.

What an utterly shit squad man.

Crouch isn't even good enough to attend England games.