The England Thread

Pilko

Imagine if Gerrard was in the squad.

He's played 120 minutes of good football all season.

My mate was telling me he was listening to an interview with McClaren who said Gerrard is a nightmare for England managers. He effectively said that you have to play him because of the media but if things didn't go well in the first ten minutes of a game, Gerrard would go wandering about and go completely against the tactical plan.

Don't think your first eleven is much better than ours atm. Our defence is shite, but we're always solid anyway due to the work ethic of our players. Especially with Rooney suspended it's hard to pick a winner. This is how I reckon we'll start;

Andreas Isaksson

Mikael Lustig

Andreas Granqvist

Olof Mellberg

Martin Olsson

Kim Källström

Anders Svensson

Rasmus Elm

Johan Elmander

Sebastian Larsson

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

France will of course walk the group.

Under Roy we can expect a 4-4-2 but with a defensive midfield 2 and inside out wingers who will cut inside. Adam Johnson and Ashley Young on the Wings would be a reasonable shout imo. Barry has won me over at City, hated him for a while but found a decent passing range and solidity imo.

Slight adaptation to 4-4-1-1

Hart

Richards      Cahill        Lescott    Baines

Johnson      Barry      Cleverley*    Young

Oxlaide-Chaimberlin

Holt

*no idea who here. Lamps probably ffs. No fan of Parker tbh.

You're 1-0 up vs. Spain after a s*** corner hits Joleon Lescott's head and loops in at a bizarre angle.  It's approaching the 75 minute mark and you're under the cosh, you need someone to hold the ball during the few moments you've got possession...

Shola.

"It's Shola time".

God, imagine the marketing potential. Man sitting at a desk at work, watching the clock, the clockhand lands on a small picture of a happy Shola. The man rips off his clothes to reveal Hawaiian clothes and starts dancing on the beach, Shola flipping burgers in the background and winking loads.

Under Roy we can expect a 4-4-2 but with a defensive midfield 2 and inside out wingers who will cut inside. Adam Johnson and Ashley Young on the Wings would be a reasonable shout imo. Barry has won me over at City, hated him for a while but found a decent passing range and solidity imo.

Hart

Oxlaide-Chaimberlin

Holt

Interesting selection. So effectively a 4-2-3-1?

Can't leave Cole out though, no way. The one player who never lets England down imo.

You're 1-0 up vs. Spain after a s*** corner hits Joleon Lescott's head and loops in at a bizarre angle.  It's approaching the 75 minute mark and you're under the cosh, you need someone to hold the ball during the few moments you've got possession...

Shola.

"It's Shola time".

God, imagine the marketing potential. Man sitting at a desk at work, watching the clock, the clockhand lands on a small picture of a happy Shola. The man rips off his clothes to reveal Hawaiian clothes and starts dancing on the beach, Shola flipping burgers in the background and winking loads.

Added bonus is we'd score at least one of our penalties if it went to a shootout.

Don't think your first eleven is much better than ours atm. Our defence is shite, but we're always solid anyway due to the work ethic of our players. Especially with Rooney suspended it's hard to pick a winner. This is how I reckon we'll start;

Andreas Isaksson

Mikael Lustig

Andreas Granqvist

Olof Mellberg

Martin Olsson

Kim Källström

Anders Svensson

Rasmus Elm

Johan Elmander

Sebastian Larsson

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

France will of course walk the group.

From what I can remember our record against you lot is pretty poor, we've had a few competitive games in my life time and I think we've drew or lost them all.

The South Korea squad is probably the weakest it's been in a decade, but I think we'd still have a decent shot at beating England. The players you have available for selection at the moment are quite poor.

Hart

Oxlaide-Chaimberlin

Holt

Hang on. Are you actually saying you'd happily play Barry and Cleverley but not Lampard and Parker?

Hart

Richards    Ferdinand  Lescott    Baines

Barry        Parker

Young                  Lampard      Oxland

Carroll

Hart

Oxlaide-Chaimberlin

Holt

Hang on. Are you actually saying you'd happily play Barry and Cleverley but not Lampard and Parker?

Not happy about Cleverly, and can see argument for Lampard. Don't like Parker, but that could be caused by being hyped so much I could go too far the other way.

I don't want Carroll in the team, even playing well as he is now that's fairly eratic and too confidence based for me to trust Roy Hodgson to get him motivated in time, needs more arm around the shoulder than you get at an international tournament, and anyway he'll conceed way too many fouls without the protection of premier league refing.

I don't want Carroll in the team, even playing well as he is now that's fairly eratic and too confidence based for me to trust Roy Hodgson to get him motivated in time, needs more arm around the shoulder than you get at an international tournament, and anyway he'll conceed way too many fouls without the protection of premier league refing.

you got a point there.

Hart

Shotton 

Shawcross

Terry

Robinson

Bowyer

Michael Brown

Catts ©

Barton

Carroll

Holt

Fucking have it you filthy foreign cunts.

Get into them! Fuck them up!

Hart

Walker      Cahill        Lescott    Cole

Jones

Johnson  Oxlaide-Chaimberlin  Parker  Young

Rooney

hart

walker lescott cahill cole

parker

lampard  barry*

oxlade                  johnson

carroll

*cleverly or whoever else if fit preferably however fucked if i know

when rooney returns i'd play the same system but with parker & lampard together and rooney supporting the striker

honestly think englands only chance is to go with a gameplan and stick to it; look to keep it tight, use carroll and try to support him with pace out wide and crosses on his napper when possible

if we go and try to play these teams we'll get detroyed

Phil Jones has been a calamity this season. I agree with Ron. Richards must be right back and Terry shouldn't be first choice centre back. Id go with lescott and cahill or Jagielka. Reckon Taylor would've gone if he hadnt got injured.