The England Thread

Pilko

I don't know whether there's a lot to argue about tbh.

I'd have gone for Richards for his ability in attack and at set pieces, but there have always been question marks about his positioning and concentration.

Downing isn't as bad as people make out, and it's not as though we're flooded out with options for the left side.

I'm pleased he's taken the Ox. Despite his age, he showed in the CL that he can handle that level of football.

Henderson is probably on standby for his versatility.

And if you asked 100 managers whether they'd take Gerrard, all of them would say yes.

:kasper:

Adam Johnson. Daniel Sturridge. Aaron Lennon.

Well from what I've seen, all three tend to play down the right.

You can make a case for any of those three, but not an overwhelming one. Johnson has barely played this season and there are question marks over his reliability. Sturridge hasn't matured yet as a player. Lennon is very right-footed and relies a lot on pace.

Guest NufcBano

I'd have gone for Richards for his ability in attack and at set pieces, but there have always been question marks about his positioning and concentration.

Downing isn't as bad as people make out, and it's not as though we're flooded out with options for the left side.

I'm pleased he's taken the Ox. Despite his age, he showed in the CL that he can handle that level of football.

And if you asked 100 managers whether they'd take Gerrard, all of them would say yes.

You can make a case for any of those three, but not an overwhelming one. Johnson has barely played this season and there are question marks over his reliability. Sturridge hasn't matured yet as a player. Lennon is very right-footed and relies a lot on pace.

Downing has played down the right for Liverpool mostly this season. Bellamy on the left.

:whistle:

Cant believe Woy has fell for the assuming Pirlo still plays for Milan trick.

I thought he was aware of Italian football?

Big school boy error. He should have just stuck to praising Chamberlain's talent, that is all.

The fact Ambrosini didnt play either...!! Oh woy. You really plucked that reason out of the sky just before the press conference didn't you?  :huff:

Sounds like he's made a tit of himself BUT that was a significant game which showed that Chamberlain can handle a big occasion against continental opposition.

Downing has played down the right for Liverpool mostly this season. Bellamy on the left.

:whistle:

Not to sure about the bigger picture with Liverpool this season, but for nearly all of his career at club and international level he's been down the left.

The actual quote is “I was there live and saw how well he dealt with Pirlo and Ambrosini. He can play wide or central and for future and can continue as he started.”

Ambrosini was also injured & not on the pitch. Going well so far like  :lol:

Aye but Ox did well against Rui Costa when they played Milan...

Guest Chubby Jason

The one thing you can say about Downing is that he's been OK for England when he's played recently. He's still been dire for Liverpool all season and shouldn't be in the squad.

The actual quote is “I was there live and saw how well he dealt with Pirlo and Ambrosini. He can play wide or central and for future and can continue as he started.”

Ambrosini was also injured & not on the pitch. Going well so far like  :lol:

Aye but Ox did well against Rui Costa when they played Milan...

He butt raped George Weah too

Adam Johnson has had a productive season when played according to this.

http://i.imgur.com/oiUTk.jpg

I wonder what Downing's minutes per goal/assist stats are.