The England Thread

Pilko

Guest BooBoo

Decent bit of pace there.

So important that Young plays well. He's an unlikeable little cheat but he's one of our few genuine flair players.

If England pull it off I'm definitely going to inexplicably get my hopes up that we can 1-0 our way to glory. :lol:

Seems to be the general feeling at the moment, "well if Chelsea can do it". Never thought i'd see the day when England where using Chelsea as the fucking yardstick.

Decent lineup, young players who will work their socks off and have pace to counter attack France, old heads in the middle who will battle hard. Like the fact we've gone with 2 up front. At least it's a change from the old guard although there's no denying which team looks stronger man for man, not a lot of players there that will really scare French fans but a decent lineup all the same.

Still think France will take full advantage of our weakened team and chaotic buildup, but we just might perform better when our backs are to the wall. He needs to instill that siege mentality into the players before kickoff, if we work harder and get the breaks we can win.

Like most I would easily take a draw. I expect we'll sit deep, concede possession but make them play through us and look to break on the counter as soon as we get the ball.

Decent lineup, young players who will work their socks off and have pace to counter attack France, old heads in the middle who will battle hard. Like the fact we've gone with 2 up front. At least it's a change from the old guard although there's no denying which team looks stronger man for man, not a lot of players there that will really scare French fans but a decent lineup all the same.

Still think France will take full advantage of our weakened team and chaotic buildup, but we just might perform better when our backs are to the wall. He needs to instill that siege mentality into the players before kickoff, if we work harder and get the breaks we can win.

Like most I would easily take a draw. I expect we'll sit deep, concede possession but make them play through us and look to break on the counter as soon as we get the ball.

Doubt we will go with two up front. Young or Milner will be sitting behind Welbeck.

I'm still behind the England side, but it's really, really uninspiring. You take Rooney out, and there's almost nothing there bar Ashley Cole.

Joe Hart is decent too.

That's about it. They're the only players that *could* be called world class imo.

I'm still behind the England side, but it's really, really uninspiring. You take Rooney out, and there's almost nothing there bar Ashley Cole.

Joe Hart is decent too.

That's about it. They're the only players that *could* be called world class imo.

Probably a good thing and no different to normal really though, just not as many over-hyped average/good players being dubbed as "world-class" this year.