The England Thread

Pilko

Not being able to play his first team is a disaster for Capello not just for this game but more importantly for the WC. I predict that England will lose by a 2 goal margin but everyone will be saying we lost because Lampard & Gerrard ain't playing & things would be different had they played. The truth is England would lose even with a full strength side and the faster they find that out, the better they can prepare for the WC.

I don't understand when people say they're not bothered about England. It's the only decent team I get to support FFS.

The friendlies are pretty meaningless, but in general I really like watching England play.

I agree.

England are the only country in the world where people don't seem to care about their national team. I think it's a bit sad.

I think to say people don't care about them is a bit of an exaggeration. On this occasion, a friendly game in a neutral country, thousands (?) of miles away, with most of our team that would play at the WC out, doesn't really fill me with enthusiasm.

Carroll has been a beast for the under 21's

So was Sherla.

Aye, and Shola's the best thing since sliced bread these days! Good sign... :shifty:

Wholemeal sliced bread?

Let's say germwheat.

Hope Bent a) takes his chance and b) doesn't get given the cold shoulder for ages if he happens not to perform in this particular game.

He should definitely be at the World Cup, providing he doesn't go completely off-the-boil for the rest of the season.