The England Thread

Pilko

Christ, awful second half. We lack so much technically for controlling the ball and passing close quarters. That mixed in with lack of movement off the ball means we just can't keep the ball let alone make many moves forward. We have defended very well and passionately, but it will count for nothing if we can't get up the other end of the pitch and shoot.

Johnson was decent defending that half. I couldn't moan about his forward play as I don't think he ever had a chance to get forward. Young got worse to the point where I just expected him to lose it every time he got it. Oxlade-Chamberlain for Young or perhaps even Defoe.

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton

It was an ominous sign after 30 mins, completed passes England 110. Italy 210...

England's completed pass expert giving us his insight there.

Hilarious how much he goes on about this considering he's king of the forced hollywood pass.

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton

It was an ominous sign after 30 mins, completed passes England 110. Italy 210...

England's completed pass expert giving us his insight there.

Tbh, if I'd instructed my team to sit back and counter attack I'd be somewhat confused if we'd mustered twice as many passes as the opposition.  But, Barton knows something?