The England Thread

Pilko

It has to be said, Brazil look s***.

They've looked average for a while mainly thanks to Menes so it will take a while for them to get used to Big Phil.

What's their bench like? Is Lucas on it?

I'd put Lucas and Fred on for Fabiano and Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho is utter fucking shit.

I've always wondered how Neymar hasn't went to one of the big clubs that are after him, tonight is probably a good indication as too why.

His pace isn't all that even Cahill caught up on him and when faced in front of a defender he has no way around him. It seems his game relies on him being ahead of the last man otherwise he can't do anything.

I've not been that impressed when I've seen him.

Pace isn't anything like what everyone says it is.

Can't beat a man (even that goal he scored last year was only scored because everyone backed off him).

No Physical presence.

:anguish:

I've always wondered how Neymar hasn't went to one of the big clubs that are after him, tonight is probably a good indication as too why.

His pace isn't all that even Cahill caught up on him and when faced in front of a defender he has no way around him. It seems his game relies on him being ahead of the last man otherwise he can't do anything.

Can't beat a man (even that goal he scored last year was only scored because everyone backed off him).

No Physical presence.

Basing opinion on a player off a friendly :anguish:

I don't like to see Welbeck out wide. I'd much prefer him in the centre.

We're produced quite a few un-English like interpassing moves, one of which led to the goal. Good to see.

Walcott is so frustrating. This level of football shows up his technical limitations.

Guest firetotheworks

No Physical presence.

Bit of a sweeping statement to make based on 45 minutes, don't you think? Neymar is quite clearly going to be sonething very special. In fact, what the fuck are you talking about man!? :lol:

"No physical presence"

That's why Iniesta is proper shit...

Iniesta has a physical presence.  Not in strength, but in terms of mobility and the way he gets himself into dangerous areas.

So does Neymar, if that's the case...

Brazil look shitter under the fat man than they ever did under the last bloke.

They really don't. We look as shit, but Scolari hasn't had more than 45mins. For a two year job Mano actually made the team worse by the day.

Brazil look like a bunch of players who can't be f***ed to run around a lot.

Ronaldinho, Neymar, Luis Fabiano, Paulinho all flew in two days ago from Brazil after having played domestic games. I don't think it's a matter of being fucked to run around, it's more a fact of lack of energy and for Ronaldinho it's a matter of being fuck old and a cunt.

Ronaldinho, Neymar, Luis Fabiano, Paulinho all flew in two days ago from Brazil after having played domestic games. I don't think it's a matter of being fucked to run around, it's more a fact of lack of energy and for Ronaldinho it's a matter of being fuck old and a cunt.

Why are you slating Ronaldinho? Your genius of a manager that you named your account after is the one that thinks its a good idea to pick him in 2013.

No Physical presence.

:anguish:

:anguish: :anguish:

Ronaldinho, Neymar, Luis Fabiano, Paulinho all flew in two days ago from Brazil after having played domestic games. I don't think it's a matter of being f***ed to run around, it's more a fact of lack of energy and for Ronaldinho it's a matter of being f*** old and a c***.

Why are you slating Ronaldinho? Your genius of a manager that you named your account after is the one that thinks its a good idea to pick him in 2013.

Friendly.

Ronaldinho, Neymar, Luis Fabiano, Paulinho all flew in two days ago from Brazil after having played domestic games. I don't think it's a matter of being f***ed to run around, it's more a fact of lack of energy and for Ronaldinho it's a matter of being f*** old and a c***.

:lol: wasn't having a go at them mate. My vocabulary more than anything. Lack of energy call it what you want. Stark contrast to England who are pretty intense this evening. Doubt we will see this sort of application in our next qualifier. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Named my account after my own name :lol: Genius.

And I think the picking of Ronaldinho is justifiable considering he played extremely well for Atletico-MG. I still think he's a decent enough player, but I have problem with his style of football, it's not good enough and I think Scolari is picking him to see if he can get him to light up again like back in the old days. Pretty sure we won't see Ronaldinho in the nationalt eam come 2014 if he performs like today.

Friendly.

And like I said earlier, there goes Fabiano and Ronaldinho off.

Bit annoying that Ronaldinho has basically been semi-retired for the last 4 years. He's only 32 now ffs, should still be running a midfield for a European giant yet he was finished by the time the supposed peak years came round.

Such a waste.